Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

/not signed

The community is very clear on this. They don't want heroic TR taken away as an option.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Turbine never had to expand DDO beyond level 20
    Exactly. Game was perfectly fine with cap at lvl 20, 8 useless "epic" levels add nothing, just make the few people left split even more. Old content is way better than new one, old epics were way more fun than what we have now, raids and raid loot still meant something, you could start playing with your capped friends at lvl 17 and i could go on.

The only thing left about those days is the heroic TR at lvl20, so leave it alone please and go have your fun with those 8 great lvl of pure epicness
    Cannith: Hazrael--Nyal--Thalax

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I'll sign the idea if and ONLY if epic levels are done away with and all levels become class levels. If I can roll up a 20 fighter/8 monk or 28 wizard or whatever and spend 112 AP in my trees, then sure, have TR only happen at 28.

If, however, I can only take 20 class levels and then get force-fed 8 generic "epic" levels -- which are way less epic than heroic levels in terms of gaining character power -- then having two different versions of TRing is appropriate.
    This ^^ is a good idea
    Lizzrdd - Pale-Master, Optymis - Battle Engineer

Community Member

I'll sign the idea if and ONLY if epic levels are done away with and all levels become class levels. If I can roll up a 20 fighter/8 monk or 28 wizard or whatever and spend 112 AP in my trees, then sure, have TR only happen at 28.

If, however, I can only take 20 class levels and then get force-fed 8 generic "epic" levels -- which are way less epic than heroic levels in terms of gaining character power -- then having two different versions of TRing is appropriate.

@OP = NO!

but Ellis idea is solid!
    if life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
    if life gives you pickles, well you're screwed. because pickleade sucks.

*snip*

What is the difference between Trring from 1-20 vs. 1-28 over and over? I think Tr players would have no real preference that is if Turbine improves 20-28 content.
    LoL NO, Please do not presume to think for all TR players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

NOT signed.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

I would have preferred that epic levels were done this way in the first place. They aren't going to set the clock back a year and a half though. It's an unrealistic idea, unfortunately.
    The epic levels themselves are underwhelming, while the epic destinies are so powerful that they arguably define a character more than the actual class levels. If epic levels had been more closely tied in to destinies, gaining epic levels would seem more substantial than just trying to get to the minimum level required for more powerful gear, which is what they kind of seem like now. I guess this will be helped out by epic TR. Still, with the destinies and epic levels not being linked, the epic levels will feel a bit generic.
    Last edited by FlaviusMaximus; 10-27-2013 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    The epic levels themselves are underwhelming, while the epic destinies are so powerful that they arguably define a character more than the actual class levels. If epic levels had been more closely tied in to destinies, gaining epic levels would seem more substantial than just trying to get to the minimum level required for more powerful gear, which is what they kind of seem like now. I guess this will be helped out by epic TR. Still, with the destinies and epic levels not being linked, epic levels do feel a bit generic.
    I dunno, the more I think about the whole "You keep your ED progress, but loose this unrelated-to-power XP track" notion, the more it seems like it compounds the problem of generic-feeling. First epic-life character gains ED and level progress in addition to loot rewards. Second life gains level progress and loot rewards (possibly gaining in a secondary ED). It kinda strikes me as having the opposite effect of say, the enhancement system, where they effectively turn 20 levels into 100 in terms of shineys-as-you-go...

Still mulling over what could possibly be done there to alleviate that. (Seems pretty clear for most, total loss of xp is a non-starter.)

Community Member

Just another in a long line of terrible ideas that you have.

No thanks.

What is the difference between Trring from 1-20 vs. 1-28 over and over? I think Tr players would have no real preference that is if Turbine improves 20-28 content.
    I can't tell if you live in a bubble or in a hole.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

what's the difference? try it a few times and let us know. till then, don't presume to assume you know what i prefer on my long slow journey to completionist. thx

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    what's the difference? try it a few times and let us know. till then, don't presume to assume you know what i prefer on my long slow journey to completionist. thx

Lets all thank Matt here a moment, I think he is giving us insight into how bad ideas happen at Turbine, you have someone with no idea what they are talking about or what it involves for the players, coming up with ideas on how to "improve" their game.

Well I have been enlightened.

ETR at lvl 28 back to lvl 20, then HTR back to lvl 1.

Mission accomplished.

Community Member

After a great deal of thought and reading a variety of threads and proposals I have become convinced that for the long term future of DDO this game should just have one reincarnation. Reincarnation should just be at level 28 cap(when the cap goes up to level 30 at level 30) and after reincarnation a player would receive a heroic reincarnation past life and an epic reincarnation past life. Turbine with these alternate track proposals of heroic level 20 and epic level 28 reincarnation is dividing the player base which is not a good prospect for the future of DDO. We do not have enough resources and player base to be able to afford these types of artificial divisions. Obviously going to just one reincarnation would lead to some people quitting DDO, but in the long term it would be better for DDO I would argue.

The new content over the last year and in the future is projected to be at level 28+; thus, Turbine continuing to offer a reincarnation at level 20 is counterproductive to future profits and the future game. When the level cap was 20 we did not get the option to true reincarnate at level 16 so why now that the level cap is 28 is there an option to reincarnate at 20? Turbine is its own worst enemy by creating these artificial tracks of reincarnation. We need the player base to continue to play and grow together wherever possible. It does not make thematic sense for that matter either to true reincarnate at level 20.

What I would like to see is an improvement in the quality of the level 20-28 content to make it more appealing to those that have stated they prefer the level 20 and under content. I would also like to see that epic reincarnation rewards are at least as appealing as heroic reincarnation rewards if not more appealing. The reality is we need the player base to play all 28 levels not just 20 levels.
    You're a poor liar.

Exclamation

The new content over the last year and in the future is projected to be at level 28+;
    Please point to me where this content exists.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Nice troll.
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

My triple completionist thinks this is a great idea. My other toons disagree.

i want this option at 20. obviously taking away destinies at this point would be ... uhhmm, "bad". yeah. let's just go with "bad" and you can Bring Your Own Adjectives, k?

but i want the option to hit 20 and either
    • go down the current epic levels/epic destinies track, or
    • keep on taking class levels and earning/spending AP as normal to whatever level cap is.

i don't expect new enhancements or class levels creating, so the second option is dual/multi-class only. if you take the second option and have destinies from previous lives, they don't activate this life... well... *cough* anyway, in theory lol. when's that getting fixed again?

obviously, this ain't gonna happen, but as long as i'm dreaming, i'll have a pony

oh, yeah, there was that OP, right? yeah... no. if you want that you can emulate it and live with that self-imposed restriction. i don't want it, not one little bit.
    http://captiongenerator.com/8795/ddo-u20changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    Having a clue about what you're talking about is not a prerequisite of posting on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Think of it as trolling by not trolling.

Your idea makes sense, problem is the player base would never get on board as you can see most of your responses are negative.

Someone posted that if they develop good content players will come and I agree with that totally. MOTU was good Shadowfell and harper stuff was decent IMO, but player opinions vary a lot on FR stuff.

Players like options plain and simple and they really don't like stuff taken away from them, dividing the player base might no be the best idea but I don't think the devs have much choice.

Because taking away things leads to lots of nerdrage and all the things that go with that.
    Gemdeath (Gimp Completionist)
    Wolfclan Wharfrat Furios and others. Yes my grammer sucks

Hell no

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast