Default Looking for Mature Adventuring Companions on Khyber

About three weeks ago, a friend convinced me to try Dungeons and Dragons Online. I rather enjoy the game--it remains true to the pen and paper adventures I remember from long years ago--and purchased 15 quest packs during the recent sale. This puts me in a position to explore and enjoy a great portion of DDO for a long time to come.

My current life situation leaves me with much free time, so I often find myself playing alone. I am looking to meet up with a few mature, well spoken, newer players who still feel a sense of danger when exploring dungeons and who still enjoy the thrill of success when slaying a difficult monster. In truth, people who write clauses like, "u go elite BB STC?", make me crazy, so I would prefer individuals with the capability and disposition to write complete sentences. People who constantly talk about 'builds', fixate on game mechanics, and chase perfect 'gear' bore me.* If your character works for you, he or she works for me. I tend to play slowly and carefully, enjoying the journey, and can even role play with those who enjoy such things.

If you also find yourself looking for an adventuring companion who does not run through dungeons at break neck pace, who will pause for conversation or real life, who writes without using slang or acronyms, who does not care about equipment, and who will take the time to work with and help a new or less skilled player, I am on the Khyber server and play an old fashioned thief, currently level 8.

Thank you for reading.

* Please note that I do not wish to disparage those with encyclopedic knowledge of the game, those who write using slang and acronyms, nor those who enjoy playing the game with a strong emphasis on mechanics. My tastes simply run elsewhere.
    Last edited by Annex; 12-01-2013 at 08:17 AM.

might help if you waid what shift you where on.. i mean what time of the day remember it is khyber home of dRaMa!

Thank you for your response, Toaftoaf. I play most during the afternoon, evening, and early morning, server time, but have a great deal of flexibility.

If you don't find what you are happy with on Khyber give me a shout on Sarlona, snails play faster than I do!! Or pm me here. I'll happily roll up a toon and group with you. I need to learn to play with real people eventually!! Things to be aware of, speed... very slow, understanding of the way the game works.... limited and most importantly ability to type whilst questing.....zero!!
    Never underestimate the power of Chocolate!
    Spiritfires, Spiritryder, Spiritbasher, Spirittanker, Spiritlite and Spiritwarper
    House Xorlarrin Sarlona

My boyo and I tend to run around on Khyber in the evenings, well into the night. We have pretty much a similar play style to what you described, and wish we could run into some fun role players. We have an assortment of characters, so it's hard to say who we would be on as. If you're interested, we can work out something though. =)

And if you're running around Khyber and spot a member of In A Handbasket, it's likely one of us, so send a tell!

Thank you to everyone who responded. At this point I have attempted to contact each of you through private messages, mail, or tells. If you did not hear from me, I probably sent my messages to the wrong character. Good luck with your adventures!

Default You say you are slow during quests?

Quote Originally Posted by xXbikergirlXx View Post
    If you don't find what you are happy with on Khyber give me a shout on Sarlona, snails play faster than I do!! Or pm me here. I'll happily roll up a toon and group with you. I need to learn to play with real people eventually!! Things to be aware of, speed... very slow, understanding of the way the game works.... limited and most importantly ability to type whilst questing.....zero!!
    I have been known to stop in the middle of a quest to admire a painting on the wall of the dungeon (really). I called the entire party back to look at it with me. It was a very nice painting.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Well if you see Gemson running around send me a tell. That is my main toon but I have a few others on different levels. I'm in the same boat and am on most of the time during the day night, whenever CST.