Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Community Member

Well, dang. Out of curiosity, would it be possible to keep Mabar open on Wayfinder? We haven't had any lag, really nada. Could be related to the fact that only one, max two instances of the Summoning Chamber ever existed simultaneously, usually with ~14 players.

Community Member

I've run Mabar at least a little every year for the past several. The lag is definitely worse than in past years. In previous years, even when there was lag it was usually still completable (maybe 90% of the time?). Now, as soon as there is lag, you know you're screwed. The night Mabar opened, we ran two dragon chambers with no lag and easy completions. We came back Saturday and it was an entirely different situation. With no exaggeration, I was frozen in place in the graveyard for a full ten minutes. I couldn't even get to the chamber. I got so frustrated we went to do non-Mabar quests. Every time the chamber opened, I would lag in whatever quest we were doing and died several times. It was incredibly frustrating and made me not even want to play. Sunday we lagfailed another chamber (I've been running 20-25) and we gave up.

It sucks that the chambers are basically unplayable a large portion of the time. But even worse than that is the huge amount of lag it's causing outside the event. When an event causes unplayable lag for many people throughout the entire server, no matter where you are, it's time to close down the event. I get that it sucks if you're not having trouble, but it's not fair to expect everyone else to be completely unable to play anything in the game so someone else can grind out their +5 tome. I really do hope they fix it and bring it back before next October, because I do like the event...when it works. But I don't think they had a choice to do anything but shut it down this year.
    Graceana, assassin ~ Xiya, tempest ~ Shinshi, shintao ~ Ayaxi, thief-acrobat ~ Saravi, cleric ~ Sanziana, arcane archer ~ Kyudojin, mechanic
    Talvi, caster druid ~ Zinzie, shiradi sorc ~ Kishori, spellsinger ~ Faunia, wolf druid ~ Viven, warchanter ~ Jianqiao, ninja spy
    Cliodna, wizard ~ Serenwyn, swashbuckler ~ Duisteri, shuribuild ~ Mahuika, warlock ~ Narabali, tank ~ Tabbithah, artificer
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Ask for TWEAKS and ye shall receive, and lo, the nerfhammer shall be moderate. Ask for cow from orbit and ye shall receive that, too, and be sorry you did.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    After shadowfail hit us, the top EE quests generate +3 and +3=>+4 tomes.
    EE stormhorns/wheloon are lvl30 chest level with +2 gems, but no +4/+4=>+5 drop out of theese, where before U19, you needed lvl27 chest for those.

Right now, +5 tomes are only in mabar, and 0,000000001% in EE fot/web (but I'd rate it as rumor).
    This isn't about player jealousy, or anyone not wanting other people to "not get their +5 tome" or simply enjoy the event. That's ridiculous and petty.

The problem is that what should be a fairly casual change of pace event with some nice rewards has become a stressful, irritating waste of time. The other problem is that even those of us who choose not to grind motes are still affected by the lag spikes (on top of the sudden LFM ghost town).

Then again, I doubt that the lag had much to do with the decision to close it early.
    Last edited by FrancisP.Fancypants; 10-30-2013 at 03:49 PM. Reason: bothered by my own grammar

I understand it being taken down if it needs some fixing. But I'll be disappointed if its another year before it returns. Not had a chance to play the festival this week except for a couple hours due to busy RL and had been hoping to get in there more next week

Community Member

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I rather enjoy Mabar, it's fun when it works. And there are a bunch of items I was planning on farming.

But please, for the love of DDO, end Mabar right now. Just end it. Crippling lag makes it consistently unplayable.
    If you don't like Mabar this year, because of lag (which -is- a valid argument), then just don't enter Delera's Graveyard to play. Nobody is forcing you to participate in this festival. And it's over soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHost View Post
    What happened to "Don't worry people, Mabar will be around long enough for you to get the Signets you need."
    Yeah... I have to wonder if this sentiment is what convinced Turbine to end Mabar very early (despite promises to the contrary).

Some of us have yet to earn enough signets to get even one +5 tome, so ending this early is a huge drag!

Quote Originally Posted by kierg10 View Post
    This event strongly interrupts regular play, and even for the people doing the even it is unplayable a lot.
    Again, if you don't like this event, then don't participate. How in the heck does Mabar affect regular play if you chose not to participate? Can somebody explain this?

Consider, also, that festivals and events as a whole in DDO are rare (compared with other MMOs) and for 2013 they've been especially few and far between. In previous years we had a Winter Festival during summer months. But not this year. (Sales events, such as the Shadowfell Conspiracy, seemed to interfere.) And the Festival of the Traveler? We did not have one for 2013, did we? I didn't notice and wouldn't be interested if it was held. (The prizes for Festival of the Traveler were severely gimped in 2012.)

Mabar was something I really looked forward to for months. But now it's ending in just a couple days.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderCraft View Post
    If you don't like Mabar this year, because of lag (which -is- a valid argument), then just don't enter Delera's Graveyard to play. Nobody is forcing you to participate in this festival. And it's over soon enough.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

Again, if you don't like this event, then don't participate. How in the heck does Mabar affect regular play if you chose not to participate? Can somebody explain this?
    (
    Out some nonunderstandable reason, they think that mabar attendants would pug with them.
    Mabar brings people to game that would not log it at all without it, and will be gone after it ends.
    Not to mention people that don't pug at all. Sure, there are some regual puggers in mabar, but pug scene should not be revelant in designing something. Guilds, channels and friend lists are to find players to gruop, LFG is addition, not the main source.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Good riddance.

Game might be playable again after this lagfest ends.
    Then everyone can go back to complaining about everything else. yay.

Community Member

Thumbs up

Ending early just means less cash(plat) rolling in for me. For me it's a cash cow that finances equipment purchases for months to come.

Fortunately, motes can be sold on the AH, so I've raked in nearly 2 mil for a just a few hours efforts each day. And that figure is after the AH fees got taken out. Sure I've got a few cloaks and wands of various levels, but there's only so much you can craft after a while for a limited number of toons. I do wish I could do something else with the dozens of fangs and dozen spectral dragon scales (TEN of which are from last year!!) -- thanks LAG!. :P

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderCraft View Post
    Again, if you don't like this event, then don't participate. How in the heck does Mabar affect regular play if you chose not to participate?
    Casual anecdotal evidence seems to suggest that there's extra lag in other areas of the game world too.

Gotten hit by that myself at least in House J enclave.

(yeah, right, I'd have preferred to farm more stuff myself too but...)
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of 3 more DDO players so far (I do have more children than that).
    Away from the game most of 2015 & 2016.

Last 3 summoning chambers I went in, the whole thing lag-froze as the event started, and didn't even unfreeze to kick us out even after failure and death. We can't do a single thing and yet mobs can kill us just fine. Thanks Turbine. That was so worth the 6h of grind those stupid mats to turn-in.
    We want more Monster Manuals.

I'm 100% lag free. Lag cannot touch me anymore! mwahahahah. You to can be lag free with 2 purchases.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456