Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Please end Mabar

I rather enjoy Mabar, it's fun when it works. And there are a bunch of items I was planning on farming.

But please, for the love of DDO, end Mabar right now. Just end it. Crippling lag makes it consistently unplayable.

/signed

Close it for good since after 6 years it is apparent there is no one at Turbine that either cares or can fix it.....

/signed

This event strongly interrupts regular play, and even for the people doing the even it is unplayable a lot.
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

/signed

When you're on a top of the line gaming rig and the performance in the Chamber is like trying to do Shroud Part 4 on a 486, something is wrong.
    .:Sarlona - ELH:. Inamorata (TR11 Completionist WIP) / Groundloop (TR2) / Signalmixer (TR) / Serraphiia (TR)
    Angelorum (TR) / Darqchylde / Aetherielle / Rashree / Colordepth / Wintremoon / Tarrynn
    Amarizi / Genozid / Arising / Tenpercenter / Ellixia / Zecele / Harika / Lainiel / Zephale

Community Member

Agreed. I would add that you should test your product Turbine. That or you should pay us for testing it for you.

/not signed!

I won't say there's no lag, that would be laughably obviously false. However, either all y'all need to play on Thelanis (like I do) or there's something else weird going on. Do I notice the lag? Of course. Has it caused a fail? Not yet in my experience. I've so far run the dragon 3 days straight on 3 different toons, for a total of 9 completions. Yes that's right, in the short time it's been open, I've already earned a +5 tome on 3 characters. Granted, only one can use it, as their respective levels are 27, 12 & 10. Now I'm on to collecting Augs & Solar effects (Solar Holy Quarterstaff of Improved Disruption and Ghost bane: Yes please!)

So while fixing the lag would be great, this "it's unplayable" business is simply not true for everybody, and my computer is an ancient PoS; not sure what all y'alls issue is.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

yesterday, 3 runs no fails. this morning, 1 run no fail. this evening, 2 straight fails with crippling lag.

either go Old 'yeller on Mabar or take it down and do something about the lag before bringing it back up.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Please take it down. I never get lag in regular quests, but today I've nearly wiped twice because of lag. It's impacting normal gaming, too, not just event stuff.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Community Member

/signed

It interrupts regular game play even. I'd like the event if It didn't so, but if Turbine can't even pre-test these kinds of things, or update their servers, hten they shouldn't have these kinds of things.

/Signed

I've been waiting all year for this event, now I wish it'd just go away. I've never dealt with lag like this before, where I can't even move right when I get in there. The developers have had 3 years now to fix this, and it gets worse every year.

I had 1 successful completion 2 days ago, and have failed every time since. This is entirely unacceptable.

Not signed, I've had 4 successful runs in the last few days.

I just won't bother with my level 28 anymore.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Community Member

Seen some lag, not to the point others have described, but enough to be troubling.
    Despite that - yeah, pretty obvious this needs to be taken down and re-looked it.
    Add Shifters as a PC race - please.

Community Member

Dunno about lag outside of the event, but I'm guessing lag inside the event itself is due to pets/companions in the chamber.
    It worked fine for me after nearly all of them were dismissed, apart from a spider.

Quote Originally Posted by TDarkchylde View Post
    When you're on a top of the line gaming rig and the performance in the Chamber is like trying to do Shroud Part 4 on a 486, something is wrong.
    What are the specs for your rig? Though it feels like this is an issue with the servers running the instance.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    What are you rig's specs? Though I do believe this is an issue with server-side performance, not client-side.
    This is server side, unless 30+ people all have the same hardware issue at their respective ends at once, that affects the entire population of Argonessen. Anyone saying otherwise is talking out of their donkey.
    Last edited by Stretchicus; 10-26-2013 at 07:02 PM. Reason: for grammars and clarity.
    CBA to fix my forum title, RIP my old greenis.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    /not signed!

I won't say there's no lag, that would be laughably obviously false. However, either all y'all need to play on Thelanis (like I do) or there's something else weird going on. Do I notice the lag? Of course. Has it caused a fail? Not yet in my experience. I've so far run the dragon 3 days straight on 3 different toons, for a total of 9 completions. Yes that's right, in the short time it's been open, I've already earned a +5 tome on 3 characters. Granted, only one can use it, as their respective levels are 27, 12 & 10. Now I'm on to collecting Augs & Solar effects (Solar Holy Quarterstaff of Improved Disruption and Ghost bane: Yes please!)

So while fixing the lag would be great, this "it's unplayable" business is simply not true for everybody, and my computer is an ancient PoS; not sure what all y'alls issue is.
    /signed

I guess it's another one of those, it's not hurting me so get over guys. I just finished (sort of) a crucible where I died doing the swim leg, due to Mabar lag. To my surprise and others in the run too, I didn't get a completion or xp for the run, I'd say that constitutes a fail.

What are the specs for your rig? Though it feels like this is an issue with the servers running the instance.
    i t is. i have a top of the line computer specifically built for gaming that is less than 6 months old and i lagged hard tonight in Mabar. i usually don't experience much lag. every event players complain about crippling lag in the event and on the other side of the game in some quest. its definitely server side, but i have no idea why some players don't ex0perience the same kind of lag.

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    /not signed!

I can't tell you how many times I have read in chat channels in the last few days "another lag wipe"

I also got ****ed at mehbar after dying cause I couldnt move (and spamming LOHs and cure seriouses on myself did nothing), we compelted but I got booted out of instance with no reward.

So I rage TR'd into a monk to get another PL done.
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Stretchicus View Post
    Anyone saying otherwise is talking out of their donkey.
    Graphical lag can appear to be the cause if it is worse than the actual server-side lag. One thing I've noticed over my time on gaming forums is that the phrase "top of the line" often doesn't mean that at all.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Community Member

Graphical lag can appear to be the cause if it is worse than the actual server-side lag. One thing I've noticed over my time on gaming forums is that the phrase "top of the line" often doesn't mean that at all.
    When all of Argonessen is experiencing considerably more lag, freezes and stutters than normal both inside Deleras/SD instance and in other places; Chronoscope and CiTW barely an hour ago, for example, it seems unlikely that it's graphical lag. And "top of the line" has everything to do with nothing regarding my post.
    CBA to fix my forum title, RIP my old greenis.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast