Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 111
  1. #61
    Uber Completionist Capricorpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    176

    Default

    The lag is annoying, but I manage to enjoy mabar nonetheless.

    I hope they do something about the lag, but closing mabar (unless it was for a day or two to attempt to make it less laggy) is unnecessary.
    Cannith: Capricorpus (triple all heroic/iconic/epic past lives, no stones) / Capiorcorpus / Capicorpus / Capricopus / Iconless the Hero

  2. #62
    neck deep member Powskier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    1990
    Posts
    2,705

    Default END IT so I can login properly

    Lots of login problems since Mabar started..END IT NOW ! yea not everyone has probs login in,but super unfair to those who cant ,or like me takes 3 tries..w red icons(i usually have No prob login in)
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 79Ghallanda /43 Sarlona

  3. #63
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,032

    Default

    still plenty of lag and still some crippling lag, but if the players can limit or not use AOEs, pets and summons its a lot less laggy. been in a few successful runs now when everyone knows and doesn't use these things. its not a solution but haven't had failures due to lag when players do this.

  4. #64
    Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Al-Qadim
    Posts
    886

    Default

    /signed.

    Turn it off, again.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

    GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

  5. #65
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    I don't know...my kids and I are still enjoying Mabar. Is it perfect? No. Not by any stretch of the imagination. But both of my 9 year olds have 2 signets in limited play over the weekend, I got 9 of them in 10 dragon runs...things seem to be working well enough for multiple completions on my end. Again, there's been a fail or two in there as well but I think the main problem is that people get frustrated that we're 3 days in and they don't have their tomes yet. I'll grant that the fails are frustrating but it's open until November 11th - you'll all get there.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

  6. #66
    Community Member Turbosilk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Orien
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    I don't know...my kids and I are still enjoying Mabar. Is it perfect? No. Not by any stretch of the imagination. But both of my 9 year olds have 2 signets in limited play over the weekend, I got 9 of them in 10 dragon runs...things seem to be working well enough for multiple completions on my end. Again, there's been a fail or two in there as well but I think the main problem is that people get frustrated that we're 3 days in and they don't have their tomes yet. I'll grant that the fails are frustrating but it's open until November 11th - you'll all get there.
    You are stating that crippling lag that causes failure is acceptable. It's not. My kids are 0-4 over the weekend but since a few people have gotten lucky with lag or accept it that doesn't mean it's okay.
    Turbosilk Boomstick
    Completionist Sorceror XVIII
    Intel Rq'd - Orien

  7. #67
    Community Member Blayster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    155

    Default

    +1 to ending Mabar.
    From what I have seen it is obvious that Turbine does NOT have infrastructure to support this event.
    When one person lags you may question connection issues. When a whole group lags to the point in which 50% of the group is DEAD without a chance to self-heal or chug pots, there is something obviously going wrong.

    The rewards seem to be great, but I won't wake up at 2am just to play during the lagless time. I honestly think that Turbine should rework this festival and propose a challenge in which everybody can participate, not only some few lucky selected timezones.

  8. #68
    Community Member SilkofDrasnia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,490

    Default

    Heres a new one, at least to me, to go with the lag. I just got in a lvl 19 range instance, we shortman it all is going well and no lag, dragon is at around 40% life and the damn heffer gets stuck in wall gate in SW alter room.

    I on a caster was able to target it but it was"out of range" .......
    Last edited by SilkofDrasnia; 10-27-2013 at 10:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

  9. #69
    Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Al-Qadim
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkofDrasnia View Post
    Heres a new one, at least to me, to go with the lag. I just got in a lvl 19 range instance, we shortman it all is going well and no lag, dragon is at around 40% life and the damn heffer gets stuck in wall gate in SW alter room.

    I on a caster was able to target it but it was"out of range" .......
    Oooooh... thats all we needed now, a "new" bug.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

    GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

  10. #70
    Founder xberto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Far Out Man
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    Please do NOT end Mabar

    The lag is bad no doubt, however, I acquired a +5 tome this evening so for the moment its all good. I have 10 completions among my 7 toons with maybe 6 to 9 lag fails. Despite the frustration, there have been far worse grinds. I just park a mule at the counter guy then monitor occasionally while enjoying real life or grinding xp weekend. When it gets close to time, I log on toon in need of completion (who is also parked buffed and ready to step in) and about 20-30 min later, your done. A +5 tome for each of my characters = successful Mabar. Wish the rest of you better luck and hope Turbine comes up with some kind of fix.
    Sarlona
    Gutter-Oowaoonah-Ute-Mauhl-Rockroll-Gutsack-Talrasha

  11. #71
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Considering there is no way to get +5 tomes at reasonable levels (i.e. non-epic levels) Mabar is an extremely important event for any character that still needs a +5 tome. For that reason alone it is important not to shut it down. If they start dropping +5 tomes in heroic content (which they totally should) then sure, Mabar is not that important.

    I am curious though about what level the people that are having the constant lag failures are playing. I have run 7 instances in the 16-19 level range and only one of them was a lag failure (another one was a failure due to only a few people entering that instance and so we did not have enough people to complete it). If it is a level problem (most likely at epic levels) then you can always TR the character to do low level Mabar (assuming you really want the loot from it).
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

  12. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xberto View Post
    Please do NOT end Mabar
    This. That would be super unfair to those that enjoy mabar. And finally, it ends on Nov 11th, mabar enthusiasts have 2 weeks to enjoy Mabar online, while mabar haters have 50 weeks to enjoy Mabar offline.

    The lag is not that crippling at all. Neglecting the 3 fail runs from day one, where the party did not had a clue what to do in there, my groups succeeded in 7 out of 8 runs. That is a pretty good score. You can not manage that score if the lag if that crippling as the mabar grinches describe. Don't you steal mabar.
    Last edited by morkahn82; 10-28-2013 at 02:37 AM.

  13. #73
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by morkahn82 View Post
    This. That would be super unfair to those that enjoy mabar. And finally, it ends on Nov 11th, mabar enthusiasts have 2 weeks to enjoy Mabar online, while mabar haters have 50 weeks to enjoy Mabar offline.
    Two weeks of not knowing whether I'm going to get killed by lag in normal questing. Joy.

    Take it down, fix it, and THEN bring it back. You could even bring it back for a month or more. Just don't bring it back when it affects everyone else on the server, too.
    It's definitely an N-word.

  14. #74
    Community Member ArcherBarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    134

    Default

    End Mabar.

    I played Mabar last year. Hated it but wanted a Robe of Shadow for my Pale Master.
    Vague memory of then tells me it was laggy but ok.

    This year i wont play Mabar at all. Lag seems worse everywhere because of it.
    Seriously tempted to leave DDO until Mabar ends.

    Yesterday i ran Tempest Spine with one of my low level charcters.
    First try we had a full group and lag made it unplayable.
    Some people quit, rest decided to reset and try again.
    Ended up shortmanning it and it was ok.

    Mabar is a sick donkey, they wont fix it, it needs to be put down.

  15. #75
    Community Member Turbosilk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Orien
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by morkahn82 View Post
    This. That would be super unfair to those that enjoy mabar. And finally, it ends on Nov 11th, mabar enthusiasts have 2 weeks to enjoy Mabar online, while mabar haters have 50 weeks to enjoy Mabar offline.

    The lag is not that crippling at all. Neglecting the 3 fail runs from day one, where the party did not had a clue what to do in there, my groups succeeded in 7 out of 8 runs. That is a pretty good score. You can not manage that score if the lag if that crippling as the mabar grinches describe. Don't you steal mabar.
    Obviously lag is not crippling as long as it does not affect you. Regardless of it affecting a high percentage of everyone else.
    Turbosilk Boomstick
    Completionist Sorceror XVIII
    Intel Rq'd - Orien

  16. #76
    Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Al-Qadim
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbosilk View Post
    Obviously lag is not crippling as long as it does not affect you. Regardless of it affecting a high percentage of everyone else.
    ^
    ^
    ^
    This.

    But it doesn't matter, its lag will hit everyone at a certain point as it did before.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

    GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

  17. #77
    Community Member Iriale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post

    I am curious though about what level the people that are having the constant lag failures are playing. I have run 7 instances in the 16-19 level range and only one of them was a lag failure (another one was a failure due to only a few people entering that instance and so we did not have enough people to complete it). If it is a level problem (most likely at epic levels) then you can always TR the character to do low level Mabar (assuming you really want the loot from it).
    Lvls 26+ is impossible. 10 failures of 12 in my case. I'm tired.

    In other ranges is not bad. My main (lv 5, TRed) have got 2 signets in 3 runs. But the highest lever instance es impossible.

    I can't TR all my toons!! My main is in a TR, but the other toons are for guild run raids, and they are waiting their 20th raid completions, too.

    Turbine SHOULD fix the lag! TR is not a solution!
    Last edited by Iriale; 10-28-2013 at 08:50 AM.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

  18. #78
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbosilk View Post
    You are stating that crippling lag that causes failure is acceptable. It's not. My kids are 0-4 over the weekend but since a few people have gotten lucky with lag or accept it that doesn't mean it's okay.
    So they should shut down Mabar even if they don't have a plan to fix it? Shutting down Mabar does nothing if they have no plan to fix it. I'm sure they're aware of the lag in Mabar. They're either working to get it fixed or they're not. But saying they should shut it down when they don't have a fix yet for the lag? It just doesn't make much sense.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

  19. #79
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    So they should shut down Mabar even if they don't have a plan to fix it? Shutting down Mabar does nothing if they have no plan to fix it. I'm sure they're aware of the lag in Mabar. They're either working to get it fixed or they're not. But saying they should shut it down when they don't have a fix yet for the lag? It just doesn't make much sense.
    Makes perfect sense to me.

    1) Stops people from being annoyed at (more) stuff that doesn't work.
    2) Stops people from being annoyed at a special event that fails half the time.
    3) Stops everyone else on the server from having Mabar-related lag.

    Sounds like a plan to me.

    Take it down, fix it, and then put it back up. Heck, put it up for a month, or even two, but only when it's fixed.
    It's definitely an N-word.

  20. #80
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    669

    Default

    /signed

    I'm pretty sure they shut it down last year for issues, iirc. Then reopened it later.

    Meh, I won't bother with it until they fix the lag. It frustrated my guildmates who'd never run it before after I told them it was fun last year and convinced them to try it. I'm all for them closing it until they fix it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload