Thread: Mabar XP

Community Member

Default Mabar XP

One of the big complaints about Mabar is that there is no xp for running it. Unlike Crystal Cove, where the kobold event is worth a fair bit of xp, or Festivult and Risia where you gather the event coins through normal gameplay, the Dragon event in Mabar is essentially worthless once you have obtained and upgraded whatever Mabar gear you wanted. Many players achieved this goal in 2010, 2011, or 2012 making this Mabar essentially worthless beyond 3 dragon encounters spread over 3 days.

Recently the daily dice were changed so that you obtain exp stones from the dice rolls.

I suggest adding those xp stones into Mabar on the motes vendor on a 1 mote per 1 xp exchange, in multiples of 100 up to 1000, and then multiples of 1000 up to 10k.

100 motes = 100 xp stone
    200 motes = 200 xp stone
    etc. up to 1000 motes = 1000 xp and then
    2000 motes = 2000 xp
    etc. up to 10000 motes = 10000 xp.

Players with thousands of motes sitting around and no interest in the garbage consumables like pumpkin head bombs would then have something useful they could spend their motes on.

i don't know why there is xp for CC, but not Mabar or Risia or any other event. either have xp for all major events or don't. these are events and not quests so i don't think xp should be included.
    Gary Gygax quotes

The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience.

There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you are involved in, whether its a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things.

Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, its not a game.

When AI approximates Machine Intelligence, than many online and computer run RPGs will move toward actual RPG activity. Nonetheless, that will not replace the experience of "being there" anymore than seeing a theatrical motion picture can replace the stage play.

The secret we should never let the game masters know is that they don't need any rules.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    i don't know why there is xp for CC, but not Mabar or Risia or any other event. either have xp for all major events or don't. these are events and not quests so i don't think xp should be included.
    Personally I think they were testing the xp system for the challenges, which are suspiciously just like the cove event in a lot of respects.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Mabar is the only even that you are forced to choose between continuing to level your character or partake in the event. With Risia and Festivult, you gather event materials just from normal questing. With CC, you get xp from the Kobold event.

Giving players a way to purchase xp stones from the motes trader on a 1 mote to 1 xp basis would not unbalance the system considering how long it takes to gather enough Mabar collectibles for 1k motes...and how little of use there is available beyond themed consumables. It doesn't take long to obtain and upgrade to however high you want whichever of the 4 or 5 wearables and 2 or 3 wands obtained from the event.