Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Temple of Vol Change

2 Changes from Release notes.

XP has been reverted back to original and current level.

Also...now you must get a gold and silver key to open the barrier. Originally two characters could go one direction and get two keys. Now you must go down both paths and get a key from each chest. Actually an overdue change.

Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post

Also...now you must get a gold and silver key to open the barrier. Originally two characters could go one direction and get two keys. Now you must go down both paths and get a key from each chest. Actually an overdue change.
    Very enlightening. I always assumed that was a bug. To think that they would legitimize the "bug" while dropping the xp as a result is very odd. I personally prefer this change. Make people get both keys and keep the xp as is. Honestly, I can't see it taking much longer unless you're soloing.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

While it'll add a minute or two to my TR grind of this quest, I can't say I'm surprise, or even angry about it. It was obviously not the intended way to run the quest - it's really just a fix. And the xp stays the same, so it's not a big deal.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    Honestly, I can't see it taking much longer unless you're soloing.
    Well if you were soloing, you had to go both ways anyways, so unlikely to take longer unless your character is going to break into a soliloquy on the injustice of having to go both ways...

Quote Originally Posted by merridyan View Post
    Well if you were soloing, you had to go both ways anyways, so unlikely to take longer unless your character is going to break into a soliloquy on the injustice of having to go both ways...
    My issue is that one way is an order of magnitude more difficult than the other!

Everyone does the left trap run for this obvious reason - The Traps on that side are far less likely to Kill you!

The Traps on the right hand side however are INSANE!

So now along with having absolutely no hope of Soloing {with a Hire} this quest - grouping will become more difficult as the Ubiquitous for Orchard BYOH, Zerg etc. LFMs will now specify Improved Evasion too!

Thanks a Bunch Devs!

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    My issue is that one way is an order of magnitude more difficult than the other!

Everyone does the left trap run for this obvious reason - The Traps on that side are far less likely to Kill you!

So now along with having absolutely no hope of Soloing {with a Hire} this quest - grouping will become more difficult as the Ubiquitous for Orchard BYOH, Zerg etc. LFMs will now specify Improved Evasion too!

Thanks a Bunch Devs!
    bull puckey. you do realize people were soloing Vol with and without a hire, elite even, for years. I guess you don't know how to avoid the traps on the right side, which is much easier than left side?
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Thanks a Bunch Devs!
    Obligatory forum response: If you can't handle elite, there are 3 other difficulties.

Thanks a Bunch Devs!
    Last time I ran it, you could still just jump over the left side. If you have reasonable manual dexterity, you won't even have to make a single reflex save. Running straight through the middle of the blades should be dangerous, but the safer way is just avoiding them all. A hire, if you need one, should never even come close to those blades.

I tend to take more damage from the spitting fire traps on the left honestly and even on elite, those would take a few shots to actually kill someone.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post

This is excellent news.

I would never complete Temple of Vol without getting full trap bonuses so no change to my play there just fixing an old issue that was an exploit really.

I can still solo Temple of Vol in an extremely fast pace grabbing all traps, ransack, conquest, and the Marut optional.

I honestly don't see the 2 different keys required slowing down zerg groups instead of 2 players going for the same key x2 groups will just split up to obtain the 2 keys simultaneously likely complete in about the same time frame as on live now.

Either way glad its not being nerfeded

Community Member

Thanks a Bunch Devs!

The! Right! Side! Could! Be! Done! Without! EVASION!

Thanks a Bunch Devs!
    I wouldn't call those traps "insane" I solo this quest frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Naera View Post
    The! Right! Side! Could! Be! Done! Without! EVASION!

Rather than just saying that - describe. Because I have done it with evasion characters and died....yes I may have over jumped or what not but the saves are fairly high and if you miss the save taking full damage many characters die. Even evasion characters failing the save can die (1/2 damage still pretty painful).

What is the optimal path to absolutely ensure you don't have to make a save?
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Sorc TR7 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/8 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 TR2 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonwelder View Post
    Rather than just saying that - describe. Because I have done it with evasion characters and died....yes I may have over jumped or what not but the saves are fairly high and if you miss the save taking full damage many characters die. Even evasion characters failing the save can die (1/2 damage still pretty painful).

What is the optimal path to absolutely ensure you don't have to make a save?
    Did my own research - found a youtube video showing explicitly how to do so - about 3min into the video .....link here.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QUB8qDjGWE

Much more helpful to the masses than anything written here so far.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Sorc TR7 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/8 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 TR2 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

So now along with having absolutely no hope of Soloing {with a Hire} this quest
    Why not do what the poor trapper does?

1. Die in traps
    2. Get hireling to port to you on other side
    3. Take rez
    4. Continue quest
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Default The right side is a breeze :)

Thanks a Bunch Devs!
    It is really hard to keep from laughing at the hyperbole of INSANE!

If you are on Sarlona and want a free tour of Temple of Vol....feel free to PM me. I am happy to show you just how easy the right side is.

It still remains 2 men enter 6 men loot.
    Some people are like Slinkies
    They don't really have a purpose
    But they still bring a smile to your face
    When you push them down the stairs

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Go to the right key side.

Cast jump / haste / whatever.
    Remove heavy armor if necessary.

I like to hug the left wall, but I imagine the right wall would do too.

JUMP over the curved arches, thereby completely avoiding the traps.
    Jump slightly facing left wall, careful not to swing right into traps.

Be careful to pause halfway thru and kill things.

Time the sideways pin trap partway thru.

Pause at end of spinners and kill things.

Run along wall past pin traps, heal as needed.

Kill at chest, careful not to back down into middle pin trap.

Return same path, jumping over archways.

Use key then go rez the toon who died on the left trap side...

Quote Originally Posted by Zavier View Post
    It is really hard to keep from laughing at the hyperbole of INSANE!

If you are on Sarlona and want a free tour of Temple of Vol....feel free to PM me. I am happy to show you just how easy the right side is.
    Yeap it can be cheesed® which doesn't make this any more or less justifiable however.

Justifying leaning on other bad game design to circumvent a fix in previous bad game design is just as hilarious as being mad that the previous bad game design was fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by merridyan View Post
    Obligatory forum response: If you can't handle elite, there are 3 other difficulties.
    I m not sure why people haven't utilized this to its fullest advantage. If people are running for xp/min, the only time they should be running elite is when they can beat elite in the same amount of time as they can beat hard. If it takes longer the returns diminish to the point where running hard is better XP / min very quickly. This will be especially beneficial when the XP amount is lowered, and the curve is smoother. Hard streaking is the best way to xp for most players, if xp/minute is the concern.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast