The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Default -100% Doubleshot After Manyshot

The devs added this in a recent patch why is nobody freaking out about this....its a clear and pretty huge nerf to the ability for REAL ranged characters but completely ineffectual to melee characters (ie. Rangers) who exploit the fact that they can quickswap to a ranged weapon for easy burst damage than go about their day not caring that their doubleshot is tanked cause their meleeing again...devs please remove this change and add that you need to have a bow equipped for 10 seconds to use manyshot (not standing still just equipped, actually why your at it please stop adding abilities that require you to stand still)

From release notes: The -100% Doubleshot after-effect from Manyshot and Ten Thousand Stars is now visible in the upper left corner as an effect.

Not sure when the actual effect was added this is just a visual bug fix
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 10-26-2013 at 09:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

Didn't exactly understand this myself - I can understand not allowing it while manyshot is active, but having an additional duration after manyshot is over? Doesn't make sense and basically substantially devalues all doubleshot enchancements and items.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by CeltEireson View Post
    Didn't exactly understand this myself - I can understand not allowing it while manyshot is active, but having an additional duration after manyshot is over? Doesn't make sense and basically substantially devalues all doubleshot enchancements and items.
    Very much this.

I don't even play bow users much myself. But this nerf is silly, just apply it while MS is active and that should be it.
    It's definitely an N-word.

yeah, doesn't make sense to me either. the penalty should be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    The devs added this in a recent patch why is nobody freaking out about this....its a clear and pretty huge nerf to the ability for REAL ranged characters but completely ineffectual to melee characters (ie. Rangers) who exploit the fact that they can quickswap to a ranged weapon for easy burst damage than go about their day not caring that their doubleshot is tanked cause their meleeing again...devs please remove this change and add that you need to have a bow equipped for 10 seconds to use manyshot (not standing still just equipped, actually why your at it please stop adding abilities that require you to stand still)

From release notes: The -100% Doubleshot after-effect from Manyshot and Ten Thousand Stars is now visible in the upper left corner as an effect.

Not sure when the actual effect was added this is just a visual bug fix
    i read this as an action during manyshot i believe i read in the description about -100% doubleshot during manyshot in the tool tip.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifespawn View Post
    i read this as an action during manyshot i believe i read in the description about -100% doubleshot during manyshot in the tool tip.
    it says AFTER-effect not during effect

Even still it penalizes ranged combat only the melees dont give a **** about doubleshot they need to make manyshot ranged only not penalize ranged more.
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

...devs please remove this change and add that you need to have a bow equipped for 10 seconds to use manyshot (not standing still just equipped, actually why your at it please stop adding abilities that require you to stand still)
    Worst nerf request all year.

If I built my toon to melee AND ranged, I should be able to do both sans penalty.

The 100% doubleshot penalty is stupid, but asking for people who wisely built for melee AND ranged to be nerfed just so the monkchers can have their satisfaction is wrong on many levels.

So...

/not signed.

Think its some amazing advantage to be able to melee after manyshot? Build a toon that can melee after manyshot.

Stop asking for nerfs.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

After manyshot?
    Would make sense during, but after, that just doesnt make any sense, turbine surprising me daily with this kind of stupid changes.

Manyshots OPness and easy access by melee is holding ranged combat back because the btter ranged combat is the better manyshot is....if you primarily melee and only carry a bow for manyshot you not "built for melee and ranged" your exploiting the fact that its so easy to use manyshot to make your DPS better. It's bad design and should have been changed a long time ago and instead they nerf manyshot with something than doesn't affect melee+manyshotters at all.

Also rangers should have to choose their combat style at level 1 not get both.

Community Member

This has existed since the introduction of Doubleshot. They are simply adding a visual indicator so you know how long you have left with a doubleshot penalty.

This was introduced with u19 as far as I'm aware, but was shown to not be working at the time. Presumably the new note is that they've fixed this. Whether they have or not...

Some people were fairly up in arms when it was introduced, but they never received a response from the devs, or enough traction to keep the complaints visible.

This is more of the devs tap-dancing around their worry that archery is too strong. It's certainly gotten stronger with the last update, but I don't think that allowing doubleshot during the cooldown periods of Manyshot and 10K Stars is going to be problematic. And, yes, if you cycle both you will never get doubleshots during the cooldown period.

Really, the doubleshot penalty should apply for 20 seconds when Manyshot is activated, and 30 seconds when 10K Stars is activated. If they are really concerned, have it apply a -50% penalty for 10 seconds after either of those expires.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Thumbs down Daft solution

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post

If I built my toon to melee AND ranged, I should be able to do both sans penalty.

The 100% doubleshot penalty is stupid, but asking for people who wisely built for melee AND ranged to be nerfed just so the monkchers can have their satisfaction is wrong on many levels.

So...

/not signed.

Think its some amazing advantage to be able to melee after manyshot? Build a toon that can melee after manyshot.

Stop asking for nerfs.
    Very much this.

/not signed.

Happy to support removing the post-manyshot penalty though.

Manyshots OPness and easy access by melee is holding ranged combat back because the btter ranged combat is the better manyshot is....if you primarily melee and only carry a bow for manyshot you not "built for melee and ranged" your exploiting the fact that its so easy to use manyshot to make your DPS better. It's bad design and should have been changed a long time ago and instead they nerf manyshot with something than doesn't affect melee+manyshotters at all.

Also rangers should have to choose their combat style at level 1 not get both.
    No thanks. I really don't see melee/MS rangers as being OP. I do agree that the -100 penalty is stupid and should be removed.

As to the pick a combat style nonsense, again rangers are not OP so I see no reason for such a severe nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnsfire View Post
    As to the pick a combat style nonsense, again rangers are not OP so I see no reason for such a severe nerf.
    The problem is not whether or not rangers are OP the problem is that they can't make ranged stronger BECAUSE of Melee+Manyshotters...the stronger ranged gets the stronger that combo gets so the only way ranged will truly become viable is if MS becomes exclusive to primary bow users only.

As for picking combat style thats how rangers are I have no idea why Turbine made the decision to allow both rangers should NOT get more free feats than fighters do.

Give Rangers their animal companion (a flying one plz..or just allow people to choose) and split the combat styles...maybe add special ranger only feats they get at lvl X based on their combat style choice.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 10-26-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post

So...

/not signed.

Stop asking for nerfs.
    This.

/not signed
    NESALOMLJIVI, Thelanis

John Rove and Sephiroth are correct, this was introduced with U19.

Manyshot: Activating this ability reduces your Extra Shot by -100% for 70 seconds.

Ten Thousand Stars: Activating this ability reduces your Extra Shot by -100% for 45 seconds.

Maybe they just figured that anyone still having a bow out after manyshot wouldn't notice lol. lol real.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.