Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #1
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    18,720

    Default Suggestion for a change in Epic Reincarnation for DC Casters

    Could we replace enchant weapon with a +1 DC to a school of your choice? And if +3 DC to one school is deemed too powerful...

    then maybe if you take it a second or third time, you have to pick a different school, so you could get +1 to 3 different schools, but not +3 to one school...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

  2. #2
    Community Member redoubt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Could we replace enchant weapon with a +1 DC to a school of your choice? And if +3 DC to one school is deemed too powerful...

    then maybe if you take it a second or third time, you have to pick a different school, so you could get +1 to 3 different schools, but not +3 to one school...
    I'd be more interested in this. Maybe even more. DC vs new monster saves have put a lot of dust on my enchant spec'd wizard. This might liven up a few builds.
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

  3. #3

    Default

    Can we bring back epic wards to epic mobs? Then increase caster DCs any way you like.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    Can we bring back epic wards to epic mobs? Then increase caster DCs any way you like.
    So casters can be just buff and hold bots. No thank you.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    865

    Default

    What's the big deal about not having dc's in epic tr? Would you really be happy if they gave you +3 more dcs for 3 epic trs, then raised the save of everything on EE by 3? That's all they'd end up doing. You should be happy they aren't forcing you into 3 epic tr's or fail as a dc caster.

  6. #6
    Community Member sephiroth1084's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    12,890

    Default

    /NOT SIGNED

    We don't need more DC-boosts in the game, especially not ones locked behind 6 million XP! What we need is for the devs to take a long, hard look at the way their endgame is being played, and how it impacts characters with DC-based abilities, and then make changes accordingly.

    1. Reduce saves across the board in the more ridiculous Epic Elite quests.
    2. Change Death Ward and Freedom of Movement to work kind of like the changes to poison. Namely, DW would offer a bonus to saves vs. death effects (increasing based on caster level), prevent you from auto-failing on a rolled 1, provide immunity to negative levels, and act as either DR or absorption vs. other forms of negative energy. The duration would be shortened a bit. Do the same for FoM (keep immunity to slippery surfaces).
    3. Introduce some more abilities that improve saves in the same way targeting particular ability subsets (Stunning, for example).


    The result of 2, would be that abilities that target the same save wouldn't all get nerfed when the devs decide to improve saves to make Necro-ing your way through content a little more difficult, and wouldn't have to use the cudgel of overly-prevalent Death Ward simply turning off insta-kills in order to curb that sort of gameplay.

    For instance, rather than either nerfing necromancers by giving everything DW that grants immunity, and instead of buffing a monster's Fort save to +60, where it is hurting all the characters using monk finishers, stuns, sunders, Disintegrate, etc... They could have a monster with a +50 Fort save, with a Death Ward buff that grants them a +10 vs. death effects, for a +60 vs. necromancers, which kind of satisfies everyone. Ideally, the new version would only prevent magical death effects (not Quivering Palm or Assassinate), though QP could maybe use a little adjusting in such a scenario.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

  7. #7
    The Hatchery sirgog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,348

    Default

    Not signed, for obvious reasons.

    I do not want mob saves increasing by 1, let alone 3, which is the obvious short-term consequence of this idea.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

    I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

  8. #8
    Community Member taurean430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,670

    Default

    Lower mob saves by 3-5 in EE content unilaterally. Raise mob saves by 6-8 in EH content unilaterally. Bam, DC casters in all flavors have a chance in EE's and aren't overpowering in EH's.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

  9. #9
    Community Member Kayla93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McFlay View Post
    What's the big deal about not having dc's in epic tr? Would you really be happy if they gave you +3 more dcs for 3 epic trs, then raised the save of everything on EE by 3? That's all they'd end up doing. You should be happy they aren't forcing you into 3 epic tr's or fail as a dc caster.
    This.
    Its enough that EE dc caster HAVE to have 3 wizzies PLs to be good enough with spell pen. At least... Cause i have 3x wizzy, 3xfvs, all feats and items and still fail a lot.

  10. #10
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Fighting power-creep with more power-creep only makes issues worse.

    Right now we're in the insanely stupid situation where PMs are god-mode 95% of the time and balanced only in the hardest content in the game.

    Seriously, bring a good PM into TOR or an EE high-road quest, you'll know what I'm talking about.

    With that said . . . when the Tablecloth was bugged and stacking for two more DC I didn't really notice a difference. I don't think 1-2 more DC would matter as much, and it might actually give me incentive to ETR my wizard as right now there is ZERO REASON for me to do so.

  11. #11
    Community Member kned225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McFlay View Post
    What's the big deal about not having dc's in epic tr? Would you really be happy if they gave you +3 more dcs for 3 epic trs, then raised the save of everything on EE by 3? That's all they'd end up doing. You should be happy they aren't forcing you into 3 epic tr's or fail as a dc caster.
    Sadly, this is exactly what would happen. Would only serve to further widen the gap between vets and newer players

  12. #12
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McFlay View Post
    What's the big deal about not having dc's in epic tr? Would you really be happy if they gave you +3 more dcs for 3 epic trs, then raised the save of everything on EE by 3? That's all they'd end up doing. You should be happy they aren't forcing you into 3 epic tr's or fail as a dc caster.
    The issue right now is there is ZERO reason at all to ETR a DC caster.

  13. #13
    Community Member Lonnbeimnech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,339

    Default

    i wonder if the unattainable DC requirements for EE was a compromise on the whole 'nerf casters into haste botter for my melee' / hard to kill / epic ward etc.
    Last edited by Lonnbeimnech; 10-28-2013 at 10:46 AM.

  14. #14
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    18,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Not signed, for obvious reasons.

    I do not want mob saves increasing by 1, let alone 3, which is the obvious short-term consequence of this idea.
    Well, we'd only want this if the devs didn't raise saves to compensate... +1 to 3 different schools wouldn't be overpowering, but it would be SOMETHING... Right now, DC casters get nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

  15. #15
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    i wonder if the unattainable DC requirements for EE was a compromise on the whole 'nerf casters into haste botter for my melee' / hard to kill / epic ward etc.
    The DCs are attainable. Try harder.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Well, we'd only want this if the devs didn't raise saves to compensate... +1 to 3 different schools wouldn't be overpowering, but it would be SOMETHING... Right now, DC casters get nothing.
    10% shorter cooldown sure isnt "nothing" for a DC caster. I would argue that its more usefull for a DC caster than for a Shiradi Spammer as the Shiradi is spamming tiny spells non-stop nomatter while the DC caster uses large effect spells where timing is more important. Maybe a little less hyperbole would be good.

  17. #17
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    10% shorter cooldown sure isnt "nothing" for a DC caster. I would argue that its more usefull for a DC caster than for a Shiradi Spammer as the Shiradi is spamming tiny spells non-stop nomatter while the DC caster uses large effect spells where timing is more important. Maybe a little less hyperbole would be good.
    It's not wroth 18 million XP. Not in a million years.

  18. #18
    Community Member sephiroth1084's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    12,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    The issue right now is there is ZERO reason at all to ETR a DC caster.
    True. I think a more significant cooldown reduction for non-damaging spells might help, but it's hard to have a universal ability that both reduces the cooldown on, say, Finger of Death or Mass Hold, and that for Wail of the Banshee and Power Words, without either leaving one set unaffected, or the other tremendously improved. Maybe, a -1 second cooldown for all spells with a cooldown of less than 10 seconds, and a -2 or -3 second cooldown for all spells with a duration of less than 1 minute, and a -10 second cooldown for all spells with a longer cooldown than that?

    Or add rider effects to spells? Necromancy spells all gain Cause Fear, Evocations all gain a lingering effect, etc... that somehow scales? SP cost reduction? There just aren't a lot of variables to play with for that, without simply adding new effects, which we should get, but are hard to envision and implement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Well, we'd only want this if the devs didn't raise saves to compensate... +1 to 3 different schools wouldn't be overpowering, but it would be SOMETHING... Right now, DC casters get nothing.
    You've been playing this game long enough to know that such a bonus would necessarily result in a similar increase in monster saves somewhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    10% shorter cooldown sure isnt "nothing" for a DC caster. I would argue that its more usefull for a DC caster than for a Shiradi Spammer as the Shiradi is spamming tiny spells non-stop nomatter while the DC caster uses large effect spells where timing is more important. Maybe a little less hyperbole would be good.
    10% off of a 7 second cooldown is a reduction of less than 1 second. I'd call that nothing. 10% off of a 30 second cooldown is 3 seconds. I'd call that basically nothing, even if it weren't stocked behind almost 20 million XP.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

  19. #19
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    7,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    Can we bring back epic wards to epic mobs? Then increase caster DCs any way you like.
    As long as DRs are increased by hundredfold, and mobs gets PRR rating of 2*CR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

  20. #20
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    7,230

    Default

    I would like devs to take different approach on DCs.

    Meaning they won't increase saves each time when DCs go up.
    This would mean someone stacking all possible sources of DCs for single school would have much too much.
    Instead, having past lifes increasing DCs should mean you no longer need to have feats/items for said schools, and can use them to boost other schools, meaning, you can have good DCs in more than 2 schools.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload