Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default 5000 Favor = +5 tome

"On reaching 5,000 total favor, a character now can speak with Nyx in the harbor to receive a +5 Ability Tome of their choosing." (Lam Release Notes)

I sure like this! The question is, how hard is it to get to 5,000 favor? Any thoughts? Has anyone ever been there abouts before?

Edit: Okay, nevermind. I just added up all the favor in the game currently, and there is right about 5000 total favor available atm (unless I missed something). So this means someone would have to do every single quest in the game on elite, many of them are epics, so that means epic elites.

So, I won't even be bothering with trying to get that. The goal is way too far out of reach for a "normal" player like me...
    Last edited by Catteras; 10-26-2013 at 05:55 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catteras View Post
    "On reaching 5,000 total favor, a character now can speak with Nyx in the harbor to receive a +5 Ability Tome of their choosing." (Lam Release Notes)

I sure like this! The question is, how hard is it to get to 5,000 favor? Any thoughts? Has anyone ever been there abouts before?
    I was at about 4600 ish on my Monk before I TR'ed her, I could have gone a bit higher, but didn't really see the point. It's not a short term project though.

Pretty sure you need Shadowfell to get enough Favour for it (which rules me out), but don't quote me on that.

Community Member

It's not impossible, but it will require 6 staring most challenges, and the Kobold island ones are just... ugh to 6 star. Doable though, if you don't mind the grind.
    The one the only www.mabartracker.com brought to you by Synergia
    AJGreen TRx7 Swashbucklin' 26BRD -- Cabowabo TRx4 FvS Light Build (28) -- Ahadiel TRx28 Paladin (28) -- Vyncze TRx5 13ROG/6PAL/1MK (26) -- Ochocinco completionist PM (28) -- Doubleporter Lame Ranger (20)

Yes but don't forget that new content will constantly be added turning it feasible.

For premium and ftp players who live and die on favour farming, this is something nice to - eventually - aspire to.

*P.S. If you can six star the kobold island challenges pls write a guide I still consider it impossible :/
    Last edited by kmoustakas; 10-26-2013 at 06:06 AM.

Community Member

Yeah, didn't think of challenges and didn't consider them. There's not much that motivates me to run the challenges, though when I have done some of the Eveningstar ones, they've been fairly enjoyable. But fun-factor isn't always enough. Loot and xp are huge motivators...

New content will make 5000 favor easier, but Turbine seems to release it rather slowly these days, and most of it is in the form of paid expansions, too.

I'm curious as to why there's a +5 at 5000 favor, but no +3 or +4 tome at other favor levels. I suppose it's just one of those crazy high level challenges that you can attempt, especially with more content on the way. But even so....there are some quests that are not even worth going into on casual, let alone slugging through them on elite.

Still, I suppose it IS a way to grind out a +5 without having to resort to the TP store, but it honestly feels like it would be downright easier to simply TR multiple times and buy the damn thing from the TP store with all the points you gain over the lives.

Nice. Thanks for letting us know.
    There is no free lunch.

Community Member

Edit: Okay, nevermind. I just added up all the favor in the game currently, and there is right about 5000 total favor available atm (unless I missed something). So this means someone would have to do every single quest in the game on elite, many of them are epics, so that means epic elites.

So, I won't even be bothering with trying to get that. The goal is way too far out of reach for a "normal" player like me...
    What I like about this the most is, no matter how hard or crazy it is, for once they didn't feel the need to remove something that works to balance adding something that doesn't.

While I like the idea of being able to obtain a +5 tome for free, I don't like that I've paid TP for lower +'s tomes (+2, updrade +3 and upgrade +4, all supreme).

It will take a year or two and then there will be enough favor in the game for everybody to be able to obtain this, but by that time +7 tomes will drop in endgame I bet.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

You should get at least 3 of those tomes, and have them be BtA.
    Seriously, maxing favor on 100% of the game's content is worth at LEAST that much.

Think about it, it involves running every silly little quest and chain, and then every Raid. (When was the last time you participated in a Twilight Forge? I never even seen a PuG for it, personally.)
    Then the Challenges.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Sheesh... no, thank you. Too much grind.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

The only ones you'd have to do on epic elite are the three motu chains, citw, belly of the beast, don't drink the water, and FoT. Everything else has heroics. And it's really not hard to do every quest in the game, especially if you dislike grinding but do like tr'ing. (Yes, you hit on my level plan, do everything once on elite). Epic and Heroic xp do not stack, if you did heroic elite carnival chain for example you get no more favor by doing it epic anything.

The motu chains weren't terrible on EE, I mostly have fun doing them, Don't drink the water isn't awful either. But Belly, CITW, and FOT can be really mean. But since new stuff keeps getting added on, I'm not sure how far into the future it will really be to hit 5,000 favor without ee's unless they release more epic only content like motu.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    The only ones you'd have to do on epic elite are the three motu chains, citw, belly of the beast, don't drink the water, and FoT. Everything else has heroics. And it's really not hard to do every quest in the game, especially if you dislike grinding but do like tr'ing. (Yes, you hit on my level plan, do everything once on elite). Epic and Heroic xp do not stack, if you did heroic elite carnival chain for example you get no more favor by doing it epic anything.

The motu chains weren't terrible on EE, I mostly have fun doing them, Don't drink the water isn't awful either. But Belly, CITW, and FOT can be really mean. But since new stuff keeps getting added on, I'm not sure how far into the future it will really be to hit 5,000 favor without ee's unless they release more epic only content like motu.
    Considering with the two new quests we're getting we're still going to be just short of being able to hit 5k favour {and the Forthcoming Raid early next year may not even do it!} then it's going to be at least a year before we're able to get that favour without running an Elite Twilight Forge!

Considerably longer before many people are able to get anywhere close.

This does mean that the Devs have FINALLY got it right with a Favour Reward other than Coin Lords/House K though.

The +5 Tome is still going to be highly relevant {so long as the Devs actually stop at +5s that is} in 2-3 years time and will more than likely be relevant much longer than that to many.

Now however I do feel it's time for the Devs to go over the rest of the Favour Rewards bringing them into line {+ a possible change to the +5 tome that will make it completely Future Proof!}

Coin Lords
    ----------

750 Favour = BtC on Equip items become BtA. {Permanent Boost NOT Reset by TRs}.

Free Agents
    -----------
    400 is currently laughable
    75 and 150 could do with being upgraded too.

75 - Allow total access to Current Vendor {trash the +1-+3 Tools and the Healer/Repair Kits leaving just the +4 Tools - Add other useful and non-lorebreaking Consumables to the list}.

150 - Returning +4 Tools 75%

400 - Sands Repair Dwarf now no longer charges for Repairing Weapons, Armour, Shields + Specifically Helms, Certain Skullcaps, Greaves and Gauntlets - Free Repairs would finally make this favour Relevant!.

750 - Player can choose any 1 Hireling to become a Henchman {usable in Raids - Levels up with you - much more customizable} - Take a leaf out of SW-ToR's Book here Turbine - The Best thing about that game is the Henchmen {even though they're way off being as customizable as I'd like DDO to Provide}.

House K
    --------
    400 - 20 Slot Shared Bank Upgrade {Access to Basic Shared Bank for F2Ps}.

House D
    --------

400 - Fully Returning Ammo {Use Arti Bolts and AA Arrows as the standard} for Everyone!
    Also add in a number of Expensive Customizable Named Deneith Returning Throwing Weapons with Augment Slots and Cannith Crafting Slots {Min Lvl 1 to start - Each Slot adds 2 levels once filled - NO MATTER what the Cannith Crafting Level added.}.

House J
    -------

Currently a Joke!

75 - Bless, Shield of Faith and Remove Fear Durations to be Increased to 6 Hrs {Up the plat price by x6 if u like}.

150 - All these Buffs are EXACTLY the SAME as House P's 75 Reward - Ridiculous!
    Instead allow access to 1hr Duration FoM, Spell Res and Deathward {5k Plat per Buff is acceptable}.

400 - All Buffs no longer have a Plat Cost! {Until HTR}

House P
    -------

75 - Up Duration of ALL Buffs to 2 Hrs {No increase in Plat Cost}.

150 - Fine as is

400 - Allow Access to 1 hr Greater Heroism {5k Plat Cost} and Allow Pendant of Time to be Usable ANYWHERE! {Resets on HTR}.

Silver Flame
    -----------

75 - Buff this a lot - 25hp & 100sp per 5 secs in Public Areas is NOT OP!

150 - Allow Access to Lesser Silver Flame Pots.

400 - Silver Flame Pots.

750 - Silver Flame Pots no longer give Penalties. {Does NOT reset EVER!}

Argo
    ----

75 - Add Guild Renown to the List {Legendary Victory Guaranteed}.

150 - Make this 20 stacking hp and 60 stacking sp. {Also give FREE Diehard Feat}.

400 - 10 Commendations or 75k Unboostable Guild Renown.

-----

Add 25k Unboostable Guild Renown to the List and make ALL Tomes BtA!

-----

+3 Upgrade Tome of Choice {BtA}

-----

+4 Upgrade Tome of Choice {BtA}

-----

+5 Upgrade Tome of Choice {BtA}

I don't know enough about Yugoloth, Purple Dragon Knight or Harpers to make any suggestions.

I'd like to see a +x tome favor reward for every x*1000 favor:

+1 tome at 1000 favor
    +2 tome at 2000 favor (change the 1750 favor reward to skill tomes)
    +3 tome at 3000 favor
    +4 tome at 4000 favor
    +5 tome at 5000 favor
    etc...

I'd also like to see the cannith vendors expanded to accept any + tome to crunch into purifieds instead of just +1s and +2s.

Community Member

Currently on my cleric I am sitting at 4756 favor without having done most of the challenges, this is equivilent to doing all but 4 quests for maximum favor, and out of those 4 I have hard favor for 3 of them. Also of these 4 Twilight Forge and Abbot are not among them. Personally I plan on making a push for 5000 favor before any new quests come out.

Drkivorkian; Ghallanda; Share Victory, Share Defeat.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by catscan420 View Post
    It's not impossible, but it will require 6 staring most challenges, and the Kobold island ones are just... ugh to 6 star. Doable though, if you don't mind the grind.
    Kobold Island: Short Cuts challenges aren't possible to 5* or 6* - Orthon Lieutenant optional doesn't update no matter how many you kill.

Theoretical maximum favor is 4928 but Kobold Island borks that by a few favor points.

Default 1750 favour update

+5 tome, maybe for the future when they are a lot more quests (can't stand challenges specially the chanith ones) But for now the 1750 favour guy keeps handing us +2 tomes and on a TR this is likely pointless. perhaps a selection of skill tomes and +1 upgrade to existing tomes make those 2 and 3 go up a notch would be nice.

Community Member

Currently with the new update (U20) my main character is sitting at 4810 favor, adding in the 4 other quests I still have to do for max favor and then adding the many challenges that I have not done I've calculated the theoretical maximum favor post U20 to be 4964 favor. This is every quest done for elite favor and every challenge done for 6 stars (Not sure if they can all be done for 6 stars though).

Drkivorkian, Ghallanda, Share Victory Share Defeat
    Last edited by Odysseus2011; 11-21-2013 at 12:34 AM.

Aww im barely at 4247

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

This will become possible after more content.

I can foresee the future in 5 years from now. The debate will be about we have too many Plus 5 tomes after achieving 5000 favor and what to do with them, just like the plus 2 tomes from favor we have now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast