Thumbs down Mabar - Complete waste of time! Due to LAG

Recap of my DDO Day!

I was on three different character and ran the Mabar event in total 6 times, everyone failed due to LAG. Nothing the players did, but simply bad programing or utilization of system resources. The one question I have for the DEV's is why did you not develop the event to maximize the system resources, it seems no thought was real placed in to the fact that you are going to have every instance of the event running at the same time. I don't know maybe you could have added some kind of queue so that some them are run back to back like a good day of Sunday sports. I am sure some people wouldn't mind standing around for a few minutes in order to run the event either to finish or fail on there own merits.

Of course what do I know I am a simple player who supports this game, just my humble thoughts.

Default Yaay this sucks

With all the lag and the Ethereal Keys going missing when you try to enter or fail the event. I am not sure why I even bother with it.

I am not sure why it is so hard for them to make the event work right.

Community Member

No, it's a waste of time due to the limited, grindy rewards. It's a frustrating waste of time due to the lag.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    No, it's a waste of time due to the limited, grindy rewards. It's a frustrating waste of time due to the lag.
    ^This. I hate mabar. It is a boring grindfest. Nobody is playing the regular quests, the servers lag like hell and house J is to be completely ignored.

Default Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Goetheskloeten View Post
    ^This. I hate mabar. It is a boring grindfest. Nobody is playing the regular quests, the servers lag like hell and house J is to be completely ignored.
    Sounds like you need a better guild. I have been running quests in between running the Dragon. Seems for the most part I have no problem finding groups to run with. I have only had very bad lag problems in GH as some of the quests are on i2050 so when the dragon is in you are better to take a 15 min break in a safe spot in the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoogar View Post
    ...I have only had very bad lag problems in GH as some of the quests are on i2050 so when the dragon is in you are better to take a 15 min break in a safe spot in the quest.
    I was in a i2052 that lagfailed yesterday.

Yes there was lag and failed runs and lost keys but I got 4 +5 tomes so I can't call it a waste.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    The cloak, monk wraps and +5 tomes are "limited"? Maybe for super hardcore vets but for 95% of players they definitely aren't.

This year was my first time ever doing Mabar. I made a lvl 24 cloak from scratch and got a +5 tome for my main. I think the grind was acceptable...just about right on the nose. I had a few dragon lag fails but overall it was really fun.

Community Member

Recap of my DDO Day!

I was on three different character and ran the Mabar event in total 6 times, everyone failed due to LAG. Nothing the players did, but simply bad programing or utilization of system resources. The one question I have for the DEV's is why did you not develop the event to maximize the system resources, it seems no thought was real placed in to the fact that you are going to have every instance of the event running at the same time. I don't know maybe you could have added some kind of queue so that some them are run back to back like a good day of Sunday sports. I am sure some people wouldn't mind standing around for a few minutes in order to run the event either to finish or fail on there own merits.

Of course what do I know I am a simple player who supports this game, just my humble thoughts.

I am not defending Turbine because I have lag failed as much as anyone. Still, I stuck to it and was able to get 2 +5 tomes from 10 (6 win 4 fail) dragon raid attempts. And I can agree that all of the failures were due to lag.. Having played this event last year without lag, the biggest difference IS the number of people who are doing it this year. Of course, the +5 tome brought them in and is the ultimate source of all this blame. So why don't we just ban that? Oh that's right. You managed to shorten Mabar with these whine threads and effectively denied it to other players.

PSA: The lag is a self correcting problem as fewer people have the tolerance or enthusiasm to continue doing the event. I think most of my gains above came after so many people quit doing it.

The summation of these threads amount to "I am not having fun so no one can have fun either." When did we as a people turn into a bunch of whiny, entitled little ******* that can't handle disappointments and failures- especially in a freaking video game? I can sympathize with those who have lag failed at least 6 tomes but not everyone who is disappointed with the event necessarily wants the entire thing cancelled early. What was the point of requesting that? Throwing digital tomatoes and feces at Turbine isn't enough and we have to shut down a buggy, laggy game for everyone else too? The player base should cut off its nose to spite its face.

... I am sure some people wouldn't mind standing around for a few minutes in order to run the event...
    /signed
    TKSK - Thelanis ("Best Server" -NyTimes).

I loathe mabar like nothing else I pretty much cant play much at all during it.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE