Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Commendations still BTC - thanks Tuirbine!

Most recent Lamm release notes here

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-10-24-2013%29

Commendations for Hearts are STILL BTC. Thanks ever so much for listening to your players Turbine.

read it again, the part about sagas specifically. theres also a Lammania dev response that talks about this. nothing has officially been decided.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Community Member

Yes, I read it. Still BTC after all the heat. This does not bode well for live. We have all seen things in Lamm go live despite issues.

Quote Originally Posted by rayworks View Post
    Yes, I read it. Still BTC after all the heat. This does not bode well for live. We have all seen things in Lamm go live despite issues.
    its not confirmed yet to be BTC. they are still reviewing player feedback.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Community Member

They're leaving the NPC for hearts up in the Twelve now. You can use tokens - which are BTA - to purchase hearts there like you do now. For me, this is problem solved.
    Graceana, assassin ~ Xiya, tempest ~ Shinshi, shintao ~ Ayaxi, thief-acrobat ~ Saravi, cleric ~ Sanziana, arcane archer ~ Kyudojin, mechanic
    Talvi, caster druid ~ Zinzie, shiradi sorc ~ Kishori, spellsinger ~ Faunia, wolf druid ~ Viven, warchanter ~ Jianqiao, ninja spy
    Cliodna, wizard ~ Serenwyn, swashbuckler ~ Duisteri, shuribuild ~ Mahuika, warlock ~ Narabali, tank ~ Tabbithah, artificer
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Ask for TWEAKS and ye shall receive, and lo, the nerfhammer shall be moderate. Ask for cow from orbit and ye shall receive that, too, and be sorry you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    They're leaving the NPC for hearts up in the Twelve now. You can use tokens - which are BTA - to purchase hearts there like you do now. For me, this is problem solved.
    Pretty sure they mean it will be left there temporarily while they phase out tokens altogether. IF so it doesn't really fix the issue of us having way to much BTC stuff and not enough bank space, more shared bank space doesn't help at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilkofDrasnia View Post
    Pretty sure they mean it will be left there temporarily while they phase out tokens altogether. IF so it doesn't really fix the issue of us having way to much BTC stuff and not enough bank space, more shared bank space doesn't help at all.
    That's not how I read it at all:

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    Feedback received:
    As of this writing, Update 20 will not remove the Heart of Wood from the Twelve barter NPC. Next steps will be discussed at a later date, but eventually commendations will be the preferred method of exchange – ideally this is preferred by most players, today that is not the case and we are acting accordingly.
    I do want to point out that the name of the True Druidic Heart of Wood is changing to Heroic Heart of Wood and all existing true-hearts will be updated to match.
    It looks like until and unless they can create a system preferred by players that would phase out the Twelve barter NPC, it will stay. Turbine put the onus on themselves to create a system the players would actually choose to use instead of forcing something. I think they deserve credit instead of half-researched doom threads for this. I was concerned about the excessive comm numbers and the BtC too, but they did in fact listen to the playerbase this time.
    Graceana, assassin ~ Xiya, tempest ~ Shinshi, shintao ~ Ayaxi, thief-acrobat ~ Saravi, cleric ~ Sanziana, arcane archer ~ Kyudojin, mechanic
    Talvi, caster druid ~ Zinzie, shiradi sorc ~ Kishori, spellsinger ~ Faunia, wolf druid ~ Viven, warchanter ~ Jianqiao, ninja spy
    Cliodna, wizard ~ Serenwyn, swashbuckler ~ Duisteri, shuribuild ~ Mahuika, warlock ~ Narabali, tank ~ Tabbithah, artificer
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Ask for TWEAKS and ye shall receive, and lo, the nerfhammer shall be moderate. Ask for cow from orbit and ye shall receive that, too, and be sorry you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    That's not how I read it at all:

It looks like until and unless they can create a system preferred by players that would phase out the Twelve barter NPC, it will stay. Turbine put the onus on themselves to create a system the players would actually choose to use instead of forcing something. I think they deserve credit instead of half-researched doom threads for this. I was concerned about the excessive comm numbers and the BtC too, but they did in fact listen to the playerbase this time.
    Can't be bothered to hunt it down right now but I am sure it was stated this option would only be until they phased out tokens etc etc. Can't recall if it was in the same thread or not but was pretty clear they are doing this to appease us for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post

Feedback received:
    As of this writing, Update 20 will not remove the Heart of Wood from the Twelve barter NPC. Next steps will be discussed at a later date, but eventually commendations will be the preferred method of exchange – ideally this is preferred by most players, today that is not the case and we are acting accordingly.
    I do want to point out that the name of the True Druidic Heart of Wood is changing to Heroic Heart of Wood and all existing true-hearts will be updated to match.

As we work to get Reincarnation out to Lamannia, we will also make initial updates to the bartershops with Hearts of Wood.

I realize there are more topics to cover on this subject and we aim to address this here, on the Lamannia forums, during development.
    Also look at that line in red there. I would also like to point out that the btc issue is not really the same issue as peeps wanting the tokens to stay as a way to acquire hearts.
    Last edited by SilkofDrasnia; 10-25-2013 at 09:20 PM.
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Can't be bothered to hunt it down right now but I am sure it was stated this option would only be until they phased out tokens etc etc. Can't recall if it was in the same thread or not but was pretty clear they are doing this to appease us for now.

Also look at that line in red there. I would also like to point out that the btc issue is not really the same issue as peeps wanting the tokens to stay as a way to acquire hearts.
    that is their goal, but still being discussed.

expect another update next week. Vargouille posted what exactly they are discussing after Producer Glins post like a day or 2 later.
    Last edited by Qhualor; 10-25-2013 at 09:43 PM.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

If you're going to rage about something, at least check to see if the info you're raging against is out of date, which your info is. Here's the current info:

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    There's active discussion here at Turbine about the binding status of Commendations of Valor.

This is what we are tentatively moving to for the next Lamannia preview (which is decided days ahead of time, so the conversation is likely to keep moving and Lamannia will be out of date by then):

Heroic True Heart of Wood: Costs 250 Commendations of Valor
    Binds to Character on Acquire

This is not what we intend to ship with. However, we need to decide on whether to lower the cost should or change the Commendations to be Bind to Account instead of Character. (Or potentially both, as the exact cost is still under discussion, but for simplicity I'm pretending it's one or the other right now.)

If the Commendations are BtA, we expect that most Commendations will be farmed by level-cap characters and passed to other characters, and that they will be earned much faster than if the Commendations are BtC and earned by lower level characters. We also believe there are legitimate reasons for both choices and why one or the other is better for gameplay or fun, many of which have been expressed by various players recently.

We're of course happy to hear feedback on all aspects of Reincarnation or other upcoming changes, but if you have specific thoughts on whether you'd prefer BtA Commendations or a cheaper price for Heroic True Hearts of Wood, please let us know here in this thread!

I'm looking for two changes for the CoV system as proposed on Lamannia:

CoV's dropping from Epics other than full Sagas.
    CoV's being BtA not BtC.

Watching and waiting on this issue before I go into full protest mode again.
    Once upon a time, I was part of a team, and we saved some children. What have you done with your life?

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    If you're going to rage about something, at least check to see if the info you're raging against is out of date, which your info is. Here's the current info:
    Eh I fail to see any rage on my part, your post however seems full soreness. I did see that post and no where do they say tokens are here to stay for good and they will not be "phased out" at some later point. My initial post here was simply pointing out, to Grace_ana, the issues are far from a "problem solved" at least for me.

The new info hints at if bta cost will remain "higher" than if they make them btc, at the very least I am seeing them as making hearts a much bigger grind than they are now to try and increase store sales.

I am quite upset that my "supposed rage" has bent you out of shape as this was not my intent, I hope you feel better after reading this post and realizing I am far far from raging.

Much like Arnhelm I would like to see valcomms dropping in all epic content as well as being bta.
    Last edited by SilkofDrasnia; 10-26-2013 at 12:32 AM.

I did see that post and no where do they say tokens are here to stay for good and they will not be "phased out" at some later point.
    And you still can't be bothered to research the info you're complaining about. Here, I'll lead you by the hand again:

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Here's some things that are up for discussion here at Turbine. We're trying to come up with more public proposals Soon(tm).

* Binding of Commendations of Valor
    * Binding of Hearts of Wood (if these are BtA and the Commendations are BtC, you can still farm with an alternate character. And we can still re-use Commendations of Valor in the future for other items that we feel should be BtC, or use for upgrading BtC loot, instead of adding an additional new ingredient type in the future and an additional way to get that new ingredient. This is not a done deal in any case, as this also means you cannot combine ingredients from alternate characters.)
    * Additional ways to earn Commendations of Valor besides Sagas, for U20.
    * Whether or not Sagas earn Commendations of Valor at all.
    * Whether or not the methods for earning Heroic True Hearts of Wood are the same as the methods for earning Epic Hearts of Wood or Iconic True Hearts of Wood.
    * Whether or not we phase out Tokens of the Twelve at any point.
    * Whether or not we phase out trading in Tokens of the Twelve for Heroic True Hearts of Wood at any point (probably not).
    * What content you can use to earn various Hearts of Wood.

We're also trying to make sure that today's Lamannia release showing off other aspects of Reincarnation goes smoothly and that you guys have what you need in order to give good feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    And you still can't be bothered to research the info you're complaining about. Here, I'll lead you by the hand again:
    Again these things
    ..are up for discussion here at Turbine.
    and as such are not "solved" yet. Truly why is it you are so keen to take exception with me expressing my feedback?

Is this not how we can help steer them in the right direction? Seriously if you want to pick a fight go bark up another tree Mr. I am not here to fight with you and will keep posting what I think regardless of how it may "disturb" you.

That said TY for your feedback and please forgive me if I do not deign to reply any further to your posts.

Truly why is it you are so keen to take exception with me expressing my feedback?
    Most likely it's because I'm well and truly ****ed about the Mabar lag. It's super frustrating. It's unfair to take that out on you, though.

Is this not how we can help steer them in the right direction?
    This is what is bugging me here, though. No, this thread isn't the place to steer them in the right direction. The proper place to do that was in the thread I linked. Twice. And we did indeed successfully steer them. Now we're waiting to hear the details of the paradigm shift for hearts, much like the paradigm shift they did for epic reincarnation. (Where originally it was planned to wipe destiny xp.) All signs point to being optimistic that they will indeed unveil a very nice new direction compared to their original thoughts on the matter.

So what bugs me here is that this thread is nothing more than after-the-fact complaining about an issue that is already old news and out of date.

Squeak more than hinted that there's at least another build of Lamannia coming.
    Probably more than one, U20 was planned for the end of the year/beginning of 2014 originally.

There's still time for the binding to change, It's just a small data change.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

Check out Producer Glin's twitter feed. He says next weeks' Lam release will put everyone in a happy place.

They aren't giving details for an obvious reason - they are still working on the details.

https://twitter.com/producerglin

Edited to clarify. I don't mean this sarcastically. I think this is a good sign.
    Last edited by slarden; 10-26-2013 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Check out Producer Glin's twitter feed. He says next weeks' Lam release will put everyone in a happy place.

They aren't giving details for an obvious reason - they are still working on the details.

Edited to clarify. I don't mean this sarcastically. I think this is a good sign.
    Why do they have to rely to external media like Twitter and Fesse de Bouc when they have their own forum ? I keep wondering every time they do something like that.
    Social Media has some uses, but overusing them is can be detrimental.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post

this is what got me off the bridge, even though Mabar stole the rest of the protestors and there were just a handful of us left. i think Turbine is working out the issues we had with their original proposal and i think we will see something that is proposed next to be something at least the majority can agree on. have to say, since the protest and the forum uproar, theres been so much communication on the forums trying to work with us on ideas and changes. that's the kind of thing we need more often and hope it continues after the update.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    have to say, since the protest and the forum uproar, theres been so much communication on the forums trying to work with us on ideas and changes. that's the kind of thing we need more often and hope it continues after the update.
    Lets hope that the same level of communication will keep going after the current problem is solved... It would greatly help to alleviate that kind of uproar to have ideas go back and forth - when they are at the conception stage - and to know where we are headed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast