Default Sagas have an unsaga like reward

12-15 epic quests and at the end I get the choice of A- Experience (I'm level 28) B- Guild renown (My guild is lvl 100) or a skill tome which in all likelyhood may be nothing I want or need. So far I've done 4 sagas and gotten choices like concentration or spellcraft (I'm a rogue)

That's about as anticlimactic as it can be. By the 10th saga it's not even worth it anymore.
    How about some shards on the list? Raid timer bypass?
    anything beats what you have now.

Hehe soon you'll need those sagas to get your TR stone.
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Community Member

I'm having flashbacks to my childhood:

Player: "Turbine?"
    Turbine: "Yes player?"
    Player: "What is a Saga?"
    Turbine: "It's like a story arc but longer and includes all those little fluff quests that people only run on occasion."
    Player: "Oh. Why would I want to run one?"
    Turbine: "Fine. Don't want to run them? I only slaved over a keyboard for months so you could have something nice."
    Player: "But they aren't new content. It's just trying to trick me into running all the existing content an equal number of times to get a reward that isn't that good."
    Turbine: "Well if you don't like the rewards then why don't I just take away your TRs until you finish your sagas."
    Player: "That's not fair! The Saga's aren't even fun. Why do I have to do them?"
    Turbine: "Because ******! Now eat your vegetables!"
    Player: "I hate you! I wish I had never been born!"
    Turbine: "As long as you're playing on my servers you'll abide by my rules buddy!"
    Player: *runs to room and slams door.*
    Player2: "CAn I haz ur stuff?"
    Player: "Go to hell Player2..."
    Turbine *from the other room*: "Be nice to your other player or so help me...!"
    Player: "FINE! GAWD!"
    Player2: "Hah hah! You got in truh-ble..."

So... Yeah... Saga's sure do suck a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by krimsonrane View Post
    12-15 epic quests and at the end I get the choice of A- Experience (I'm level 28) B- Guild renown (My guild is lvl 100) or a skill tome which in all likelyhood may be nothing I want or need. So far I've done 4 sagas and gotten choices like concentration or spellcraft (I'm a rogue)

That's about as anticlimactic as it can be. By the 10th saga it's not even worth it anymore.
    You know, it is just a thought, but in case you forgot: there are players out there that are not lvl28, are not in a lvl100 guild, have not bought any skill tome or plan to TR and are happy with that choice of skill tomes for their next life.

Additionally thought: maybe Turbine is aiming at exactly that players and not at the maxed out drama queens that see the end of the world in every single minor change to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragnipurake View Post
    You know, it is just a thought, but in case you forgot: there are players out there that are not lvl28, are not in a lvl100 guild, have not bought any skill tome or plan to TR and are happy with that choice of skill tomes for their next life.

Additionally thought: maybe Turbine is aiming at exactly that players and not at the maxed out drama queens that see the end of the world in every single minor change to the game.
    I'm not paying a subscription to worry about what gaming experience someone else is having.
    Last edited by krimsonrane; 10-25-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Guardian
    Hero
    Crown Clown

see https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-a-proposition for context

I'd like the system and current saga to change a bit, AND saga have reward people would like, unique cosmetic pertaining to the Saga. unique items like. say, a saga in Ebberon giving out a 'key of Stormreach, bags, unique augments, maybe an eternal wand of heroism or smthing, a 'badge' like the ribbon.
    I come from the west. Through countries, peoples, and cities - to this place: STORMREACH.
    My duty: Guardian. To mend and defend. To defend my newfound friends, their hopes, and dreams. To defend them from their enemies.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

I'm not paying a subscription to worry about what gaming experience someone else is having.
    And they're not paying theirs to worry about yours either, so I guess in the end it depends on how many of each kind of players have subs out there that dictate who turbine tries to design for.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

exactly and everyone is paying for their experience. so turbine wont cater to one person. deal with it. they will try to please the mass not the single groups

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragnipurake View Post

Yes and surely existance of people with no characters at level cap in guilds of level less than 93 (because past 93 there is no benefit in leveling) and no skill tomes is good reason to offer absolutely nothing for part of playerbase.

They can have everyting currently on list, and throw in something useful in addition to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Yes...But they were supposed to be swapping Tokens for comms, and the comms were only going to drop for sagas. So the current list is as good as the lootgen...