Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Default Turbine Pumpkin Carving Contest 2013

Learn about how you could win a prize for your DDO themed carved pumpkin! Click here for details and official rules!

Note: You do not need a facebook account to participate. (We identified and resolved an issue with our Screenshot contests that was triggering a mandatory facebook account prompt. This should no longer happen).

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Learn about how you could win a prize for your DDO themed carved pumpkin! Click here for details and official rules!

Note: You do not need a facebook account to participate. (We identified and resolved an issue with our Screenshot contests that was triggering a mandatory facebook account prompt. This should no longer happen).
    Are Canadians allowed to enter this one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    I don't see any limitations in the official rules other than being 18 or older. (I did skim through rather quickly though)

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    I don't see any limitations in the official rules other than being 18 or older. (I did skim through rather quickly though)
    All I know is every other contest has been US only so I have to ask.
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Yes indeed!

Yes indeed!
    Thanks Tolero, I'll try to make it suck as little as possible

As someone that was stopped by the login before, I thank you for fixing the issue.
    We want more Monster Manuals.

+100% XPs and Harvestmath in LOTRO, +25% XPs and Mabar here...

When am I supposed to find the time to hack, erm, carve a punkin???

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

I took a video of my pumpkin while in a mabar spectral dragon instance, see video above.
    Lich - Lichclaw - Lichdust - Lichfate - Lichgaze - Lichrot - Lichsoul - Lichvault
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    DDOCast Contributor http://www.ddocast.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/g_lich

Community Member

I guess I should complain that all the contests are for artistic people only. First the tattoo one and now this.

When can we get a contest for the artistically challenged? Maybe a write a quest challenge?

On a more serious note, good luck to all the artists out there. Looking forward to seeing what you guys and gals come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Most_Shady View Post
    I guess I should complain that all the contests are for artistic people only. First the tattoo one and now this.

When can we get a contest for the artistically challenged? Maybe a write a quest challenge?

On a more serious note, good luck to all the artists out there. Looking forward to seeing what you guys and gals come up with.
    Well in my country theres no pumpkin carving... thats just not a tradition. Your halloween is our "giving memory to the dead people" day so yeah... When most of Americans and other every year carve a pumpkin we go to clean up cementary. Not even worth joining the conquest - I mean I cant win doing it first time in my life, right? Expecially that we dont have that big cool looking pumpkins .

But at least now theres no country-discrimination rules and I hope it stays so so I can take part in next conquests
    Last edited by Kayla93; 10-28-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Can you submit more than one design?

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla93 View Post
    Well in my country theres no pumpkin carving... thats just not a tradition. Your halloween is our "giving memory to the dead people" day so yeah... When most of Americans and other every year carve a pumpkin we go to clean up cementary. Not even worth joining the conquest - I mean I cant win doing it first time in my life, right? Expecially that we dont have that big cool looking pumpkins ....
    Carve a little punkin and just take the picture from close up - it'll look big.

...and for the 'artistically challenged' folks - I'm pretty low are the artistry-skill charts myself, and even I pulled an honorable mention years ago (on my first time entering, even). All it takes is some determination, a tiny bit of imagination, and a punkin.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Can you submit more than one design?
    Yes!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Carve a little punkin and just take the picture from close up - it'll look big.

...and for the 'artistically challenged' folks - I'm pretty low are the artistry-skill charts myself, and even I pulled an honorable mention years ago (on my first time entering, even). All it takes is some determination, a tiny bit of imagination, and a punkin.
    Yeah I couldn't do the tattoo entry either but the pumpkin is easier you can even find a picture on google print it out that use nails to mark its outline than just play connect the dots with a knife or small saw

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Yes!
    Cool I'll be submitting my guild pumpkin as well as my main one

Thanks Cord!
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 10-28-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Yes!
    A whole weekend of more Mabar ******** and silence from the devs and this is the first word we hear from you on monday? What the actual **** is going on at Turbine? Are you folding?

Quote Originally Posted by Inconel View Post
    A whole weekend of more Mabar ******** and silence from the devs and this is the first word we hear from you on monday? What the actual **** is going on at Turbine? Are you folding?
    No Mabar is working just fine people are just massive whiners

Just a reminder that we are accepting entries to the contest through November 3rd, so make sure to get your entry in by the end of the day on Sunday!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

I didn't realize it was one entry per day! I had three entries that I wanted to submit together. Hopefully they all get approved. I put different (valid) email addresses for each.

Thanks, as always for a fun contest.
    Characters of note:
    Cannith --Smudge, Lillari, Thrallia, Urja
    Thelanis -- Magarette, Nuadia, Kerta, Sayata, Urja

Default just curious

i read the official rules and it doesn't say anything as to how the winners are selected? is it FB votes or something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    Now that I explained that, this thread is less interesting, please continue talking about ghostbane instead.
    R.I.P. HOUSE THURANNI -APATHETIC ASSASSIN- BARRONESSXAMOT--FRIA-Palewind Master-DISEMBOWEL-GAATH THE EMPTY--VAPORTRAIL OMEGAALPHA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast