Default Epic Karma and existing capped toons

Will capped toons with max destinies earn any retroactive karma?

Why did you introduce a new "XP" mechanic when one already existed?

Euro-Founder and Keeper Refugee Dexraven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Will capped toons with max destinies earn any retroactive karma?

Their was a dev post saying we are still earning XP at cap towards this even now. But I'm not going looking for it.
    Leader of the Unearthed Arcana

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Karma = XP gained when any of ED from given sphere is active.

People with at least 1 ED with maximum possible XP achieved (about 2 million) will get 6 million karma in said sphere when u20 hits.

Karma is capped at 6 million.

ER requires 6 million karma.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

There were some voices against the idea of spending Epic Destiny XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    *ding*

Yes, yes there was. Right on the money with this post, Vargouille. *nods*
    +1
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Will capped toons with max destinies earn any retroactive karma?...
    Yeah, man! Is Instant Karma gonna get us?
    There is no free lunch.

That makes sense, thanks!

Can you (or anyone) explain or reference how much karma existing toons will be getting? Sorry, I searched but couldn't find that information. If we TR now, will it change in any way how much we get?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

That makes sense, thanks!

Can you (or anyone) explain or reference how much karma existing toons will be getting? Sorry, I searched but couldn't find that information. If we TR now, will it change in any way how much we get?
    It's posted in one of the threads somewhere.

If you have any capped destiny in a sphere you will have max Karma in that sphere. Otherwise your Karma will be the total of your epic destiny xp for that sphere. Since it's based on destiny xp TR'ing should have no effect.

Yes there were. I was one of them. But karma defeats the purpose and causes the same problem.

You have to run in off-destinies more than once under the karma system. On the only character I still play, my destinies are done. I might epic TR once from each sphere since I will have the karma on U20 launch. I will NOT run in an off destiny again to TR from the ones that I'm not building my character for ever again. It was not fun the first time and I don't plan to do it again.

If you want us to continue to do epic TRs, please try something more like this:

Required to epic TR:
    1. be at level cap.
    2. have a capped destiny in the sphere you want. (As an alternate you could tie the past lives to specific destinies as well)

That's it. For each additional epic TR you still have to relevel to cap. The advantage is that a shiradi who wants a martial past life only has to run the appropriate destiny to cap once, but can stack multiple past lives from it.

Its bad enough to run off-destinies up once. PLEASE don't make us do it again to use the new system. Leveling to cap from 20 is enough.
    /sigh

Well the old system had a flaw in it.
    Where each time you locked epic destinies heroic lifes where getting easier, to the point where heroic pastlifes where pretty much free

2016 DDO Players Council Stoner81's Avatar

This Karma BS needs to go end of story...

Seriously Turbine why do you insist on making systems so long winded and complex that leaves us players with more questions then ever before! STOP DOING IT! Make it so that it's easy to code, easy to implement and most importantly EASY FOR YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS TO UNDERSTAND HOW IT ALL DAMN WORKS!

The only "requirement" for Epic TR should be (imho) is to be at level cap. That's it. Yes you heard me right just leave ED's out of the equation there was major outcry over it the last time but this is the exact same thing more or less, sure we don't lose ED XP but we still have to run in off destinies, what is it going to take to make you lot realize this is NOT FUN FOR US AS PLAYERS!

Stoner81.

Community Member

Default Doesnt add up

So now instead of spending the 1.9 million xp for the destiny reset to gain an epic past life, we have to spend 6 million??

Or were they planning on resetting all destinies each TR in the previous system?

Currently you basically have to cap all the destiny's in sphere to earn enough Karma for 1 single past life in said sphere.....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by godmode View Post
    Or were they planning on resetting all destinies each TR in the previous system?
    That was their initial plan, yes.

Which understandably...wasn't terribly well received...

Arrow

Old plan was epic tr 28>1,
    all destiny ranks are rewarded back as heroic ranks (while doing any form of TR)
    wipe all destinies except the ones you locked by using it to epic TR

basicly giving free heroic pl's once you locked all your epic ones, but requiring loads of work
    people also seem to forget 2k\min exp is decent for heroics, while epics give more in the range of 5/6k\min so just using straight numbers is a bad comparison

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    This Karma BS needs to go end of story...

Seriously Turbine why do you insist on making systems so long winded and complex that leaves us players with more questions then ever before! STOP DOING IT! Make it so that it's easy to code, easy to implement and most importantly EASY FOR YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS TO UNDERSTAND HOW IT ALL DAMN WORKS!

The only "requirement" for Epic TR should be (imho) is to be at level cap. That's it. Yes you heard me right just leave ED's out of the equation there was major outcry over it the last time but this is the exact same thing more or less, sure we don't lose ED XP but we still have to run in off destinies, what is it going to take to make you lot realize this is NOT FUN FOR US AS PLAYERS!

Stoner81.
    So then you have to heroic TR to take advantage of the epic PLs in multiple classes. Which would suck for everyone who already had heroic past lives, in, say, paladin. So I have 3 heroic paladin past lives. In your system I now have to do 3 more paladin past lives to get the epic ones. If they aren't tied to spheres, then that's the only way your system would work.

No thanks, I'm not touching paladin again. Besides, people keep whining all sorts of butthurt over "off destinies". That's only true if you want things from a sphere that is totally inappropriate. Why does your fighter want the arcane PL? He probably doesn't. Sure, maybe you want the martial and you usually run in fury. LD isn't that bad. You don't need to run in "****" destinies, though you may not be in your favorite.

There's a huge difference between my monster build running in fury vs LD, both of which are good, though I prefer fury for furyshot, and my monster buld running in fury vs magister.

This new system isn't going to make me play in magister. I'll have to do a few in unyielding and a few in LD, and i'm okay with that. Because I'm not someone who screams because the absolute most optimal thing isn't what i can constantly run in.

Now, if this system forced me to earn 6 million xp in draconic, 6 million in magister, 6 million is fatesinger, 6 million is shadowdancer, etc I'd be a lot more annoyed.
    Quite frankly, I'm happy and shutting up that they tied it to spheres so I can pick which destiny in the sphere is best for my character.

And except for the arcane, I can find a reasonable destiny to run in. I'm sure most of you can as well, almost every melee is functional as a destiny in each tree except the arcane, and the arcane PL is awful. Really. 9% absoprtion at its cap? Derp, and the stances AT BEST would be +3 to damage... and only with the main hand.

Running in an off-destiny sucks.

Systems that require you to grind in an off-destiny sucks.

Karma, as proposed, sucks.

This whole system is a big bucket of stupid that I'll just opt out of. If Turbine wants to earn my money on this they need something better.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Running in an off-destiny sucks.

Systems that require you to grind in an off-destiny sucks.

Karma, as proposed, sucks.

This whole system is a big bucket of stupid that I'll just opt out of. If Turbine wants to earn my money on this they need something better.
    I would be fully into this system if one thing changed: you need 2 million karma. You still need to be level 28. Ergo, you need enough xp that you would have capped one destiny in the sphere. I think this would be smart since if you have one capped, it's going to put you at 6 million karma to begin with. And I think it's fair halfway between no logic (dont need to run at all in one sphere) and fun (needing to be off destiny for an entire 6 million xp is a long time of not playing what you want).

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by godmode View Post
    So now instead of spending the 1.9 million xp for the destiny reset to gain an epic past life, we have to spend 6 million??

Currently you basically have to cap all the destiny's in sphere to earn enough Karma for 1 single past life in said sphere.....
    Actually if you do the simple math. Since 3 of the spheres has 3 destinies, each capped at 1979999, multiply that by 3, you actually still don't hit 6M. So you actually have to run in a capped destiny for sometime as well.
    The Great Gnome Conspiracy was here!