Thread: Fix Mabar Lag

Default Fix Mabar Lag

What's the point of the event if nobody can play it? At the very least, extend the event period while you figure this out. This is a recurring problem every year and should be addressed once and for all.

Community Member

Just finished my 4th failed run of the evening (literally no one could move... the people at the door were trying to leave but were unable). That's my 6th failed run since the event opened yesterday, and every failure was due to crippling lag, where an enemy could not be detected, much less fought. I agree. I love Mabar, and I love DDO, but please for the love of all that is good fix this event!

There really seems to be something different going on between Epic and Heroic Dragon runs.

I'm 0-6 in Epic (20+) due entirely to lag - the kind everyone's been complaining about.

I'm 5-5 in Heroic. So far have had zero lag in any Heroic dragon run I've been in.

If they're doing anything different for Epic vs. Heroic, maybe they should take a look at that.

(Of course, it's probably simply because more people are trying Epic than Heroic...)
    Last edited by PNGameAcct; 10-26-2013 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ishr View Post
    What's the point of the event if nobody can play it? At the very least, extend the event period while you figure this out. This is a recurring problem every year and should be addressed once and for all.
    Extend it?

I want Mabar tomes, augments and gear but my vote is to just end it now. It's not remotely functional, and the devs clearly have no clue how to fix it.

Fairly new to DDO.

Did my first Mabar run today with my lvl 15 and Laag was so bad no one could move, altars went down and we all died. Seriously, why bother with this kind of event when your servers cant handle the load?

Another MMO I play recently had a multi-player fight with over 2000 participants on a single node, DDO needs to get a CLUE !

Disgusted

Community Member

Default Lag fail

Quote Originally Posted by ishr View Post
    I came home last night and played late to get to the dragon. All was well until the dragon appeared. Then we enter lag zone. Slo mo, juddering - just sending off mass heals in the hope they are doing something. Then a message we have failed. Bit more slo mo then I'm dead. Then I can't release so I'm stuck there watching gargoyles eat the altar ( didn't seem so laggy). After that I can't get back in to try again and I don't have an hour or so to wait for the next run. Maybe at least allow fee try like the Cove?

Community Member

Seems to help if you check what instance you are in. Type /loc to get the instance number. If you are in i2049, get out of there. It seems to be the worst for lag. Honestly, player workarounds like that shouldn't be needed. Turbine has plenty of time and resources to make sure events like this run smoothly, but never fix them. Alot of my guildies have given up on Mabar just because of the lag and repeated fails. Turbine, if you cant get an event like this to be remotely playable, don't bother having them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayiden View Post
    Seems to help if you check what instance you are in. Type /loc to get the instance number. If you are in i2049, get out of there. It seems to be the worst for lag. Honestly, player workarounds like that shouldn't be needed. Turbine has plenty of time and resources to make sure events like this run smoothly, but never fix them. Alot of my guildies have given up on Mabar just because of the lag and repeated fails. Turbine, if you cant get an event like this to be remotely playable, don't bother having them.
    Ive had 2 runs in i2049. One had severe lag, the other none, so i cant be certain if the instance is the culprit.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Oh, the one time i had severe lag was when i had my dog out. Dont know if it affected anything, but...

After guaranteed lag for a bunch of runs, I've started delaying my entrance at least a minute after the doors open. Also suggested it to guildies. So far, the waiting technique has paid off: 3 instances, no lag, 3 completions. (Twice for me, once for guildie.)

I think the lag might not have any single cause, just a lot of wrong things happening at once.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nephiri View Post
    fairly new to ddo.

Did my first mabar run today with my lvl 15 and laag was so bad no one could move, altars went down and we all died. Seriously, why bother with this kind of event when your servers cant handle the load?

Another mmo i play recently had a multi-player fight with over 2000 participants on a single node, ddo needs to get a clue !

Disgusted
    welcome to the game!!!
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

I have heard that if you enter while closing one eye and holding your breath for 30 seconds, in a group with a Paladin but no halflings, on a day of the week that starts with a "T" but does not end in a "Y", if the moon is not quite full but not waning, and the total number of players in the instance is even- not an odd number and you quickly type while standing on one leg /taunt and then /death....-in that order-....you are certain to have a smooth and lag-free run!

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Extend it?

I want Mabar tomes, augments and gear but my vote is to just end it now. It's not remotely functional, and the devs clearly have no clue how to fix it.
    Yes, please. Put it out of my misery, sooner the better.

I'm not running Mabar. I'm running regular stuff, and getting lagged out there, too.

Please take it away until you've found a way to deal with the lag.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>