Thread: Mabar

Community Member

Angry Mabar

I just spent two hours grinding out garbage to open the doors to the Spectral Dragon. I felt a moment of giddy excitement knowing there were plenty of decent folks in the instance, and we should be able to beat the dragon. Little did I know, the Dragon had a brand new plan in his back-pocket (Obviously, dragons have back-pockets because I don't want to guess where else he might hide his plans). As soon as he appeared, he wiped it out and spewed us all with his mighty lag.

If there are problems and you know there are problems, please don't knowingly inflict us with these problems. Post something admitting there are issues and in the interest of the gaming community you've delayed the event. I would rather see that then waste hours on a fruitless endeavor. It is working sometimes is not a good justification to support this madness!

Nimsie of Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by offinthewoods View Post
    I just spent two hours grinding out garbage to open the doors to the Spectral Dragon. I felt a moment of giddy excitement knowing there were plenty of decent folks in the instance, and we should be able to beat the dragon. Little did I know, the Dragon had a brand new plan in his back-pocket (Obviously, dragons have back-pockets because I don't want to guess where else he might hide his plans). As soon as he appeared, he wiped it out and spewed us all with his mighty lag.

If there are problems and you know there are problems, please don't knowingly inflict us with these problems. Post something admitting there are issues and in the interest of the gaming community you've delayed the event. I would rather see that then waste hours on a fruitless endeavor. It is working sometimes is not a good justification to support this madness!

Nimsie of Sarlona
    Yes, the lag is horrible. I think there reasoning is that it happens less than 50% of the time (changing instances seems to help if you are able which isn't always the case). But the dragon isn't the only one using this trick.

Put enough people in a small area of the GY and between the AoE's, # of NPC's spawning, and all the calculations going on = BIG MESS and lots of lag. Was fun watching as my screen froze with 4 Balls (3 Fireballs and 1 Acidball), 2 Lightning Bolts (Chain?), and 2 Commetfall's (Think this is what the FvS and Cleric's are casting; Note: there may have been a 3rd but could of been anything. It was a red pixel being rendered as my screen came to a screeching halt). Next seen I saw was a few stutters and then lots of corpses. Players and NPC's from all of the lag. Figured what didn't die in the AoE went and killed the players.

So yeah it is bad but had successful dragon runs regardless tonight.

Community Member

/signed Also on Sarlona.

0/5 today and each because of lag from being unable to do anything for several seconds at a time to just plain DC'ing. I understand it can happen and it is no big deal from time to time, but as of yet the lag does seem crippling at the very least at dragon time.

Community Member

6/6 on sarlona lvl20-25 instance.. lag slightly annoying but in no way crippling we seemed to have max allowable people in instance each time

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericrd View Post
    6/6 on sarlona lvl20-25 instance.. lag slightly annoying but in no way crippling we seemed to have max allowable people in instance each time
    Well that kind of bites, although happy for you. Don't have anyone in that range myself and the ones I want the tomes for are all 28's and that instance seems dodgy to say the least. My problem though I guess, but just venting a bit of frustration on a "wasted" day Mabar wise.

Good luck making your stuffz...

Community Member

most of the horrid lag stories seem to be coming from the lvl 26+ groups ...not all but an inordinate amount

Only did two runs of the dragon, during peak hours on Argo, 20-25 range, both successes. There was lag, no more than normal. Quite frankly, if after several years of playing Mabar with the same issues with lag and we still play it, I don't see why Turbine would be inclined to fix it. We seem to have voted with our feet, we'll accept ridiculous lag and grind periodically if we get nice seasonal shinies. Also, I'm quite surprised that Sarlona seems to have more lag than Argo, given they seem to have more people on vacation.

Also, IBTL, you should know better than to post political themes on the general forums. We have enough bickering going on just with this game, don't need to drag politics into it.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

1. Sorry to hear about the nasty lag.

2. Like the satirical title.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Whats with the thread edit?

Community Member

While I sympathize with people that did wait a long time and ended up getting hit with crippling lag there are definitely people completing (even at the level 26-30 band) on Sarlona. I'd definitely rather them keep it up and running while looking for ways to fix the lag and doing a hotfix when they think they have a fix.

Just to add to the stats, here's my experience at each level band:
    26-30: 1/3. A bit misleading though as 1 of the fails was a time when I logged in at the last minute, hopped into the zone, and was not included with the main group. We only had 2 people. The other one could be chalked up to lag...the lag was medium, some hitching, a bit difficult to play but workable...but I'm guessing if the altar that failed had been doing what our altar was doing (keeping aoe on the altar to ensure its survival) we could have still won despite the lag. So overall, I'd say 26-30 on Sarlona yesterday was workable just based on my own experiences - that may not have been the case for others though.
    21-25: 1/1. A bit ugly...took a long time but more due to people (including myself) not being optimal as opposed to any lag issues.
    15-20: 1/1. Perfection.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue