Default How To Ruin Mabar~

Not going to touch on any minor, flavor, or subjective issues here, but rather an actual serious mishap:

Step 1: Remove the ability to have summons. Good in concept, but a roundabout way of dealing with Mabar Lag.

Step 2: Mabar lag doesn't care that you don't have summons, screw you. Oh, and now, you're not doing damage while you're lag-locked.

Step 3: Critical bug: After the laglocks cleared, despite winning, once the party gets booted out, half the party does NOT receive scales or signets [we searched bags multiple times, relogged, etc]. (Keys were used up, however.)

Honestly, the event is far, far too dull a farm. FAR TOO DULL- we've been mentioning that for years, and now rednames don't even have a purpose, it seems..

And after that, you always run the risk of losing due to lag or low party size..

But now, bugs like these?

I am -emphatically exasperated- :P

In any case, devs, Teruka on Sarlona would like her Signet and Scale.

That aside- design decisions, release decisions, none of that matters.
    Bugs aren't even an issue. Long-standing bugs aren't even an issue.

But this, of late.

From the awesomium process spam, to the post-UD-14 loadup lag and crashes, to the still broken ED and enhancements among the lot, to the quest completion lag (and post UD19 patch 1 or 2, crashes as well) to all the tons and tons of other bugs, ON TOP of all the long-standing bugs [hell, we still have UD9 spell bugs, nevermind some pre-physics-change ladder bugs!].

Look, it's lovely that you fixed the invisible ledges in front of Gianthold Tor.
    Rather than fixing the invisible ledges in Coal Chamber.

But.

Your priorities may be a bit screwed up.

Or you're just telling us, in a massive, emphatic, overwhelming way, to screw off.

This isn't accusatory, or meant to insult. I've been on your side- other than a tiff with a certain dev during UD14 beta, I've always supported the devs on the forums, 'cause, y'know, you seemed to care.

But at what point does seeming no longer make up for not actually showing such, and at what point do we simply assume the game's stability is so far down the drain that it can't ever recover?

Honestly, my entire guild ends up talking about it every day, how frustrated we are with the bugs, the lack of dev effort in that regard, how we'd stop playing if not for the guild.

A full half my guild is still boycotting the second expansion- and any other purchases- due to the bugs and current Turbine stance on them.

These being people who until then were long-standing VIPs, or point-buyers to the extreme, whom pre-ordered the first expansion, most with collector's edition.

Yeah, I get it- "In my experience" posts don't hold much weight on the forums.

But, come on. You don't have to have an example to look at the issues as a company, or an individual, and see something needs to be changed, that things as they stand just aren't tolerable- or at the VERY LEAST, aren't something you can have any sense of pride in.

Well, help me out, am I mistaken on some point?

I'm here, and I'm willing to listen.

Hopefully I'm not the only one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

See Also:

Quote Originally Posted by yalinaa View Post
    i gave it another try, lagged to death, was teleported out of the instance and lost my key. I sent a ticket, it was closed less than a minute later with the message:

"we apologize for any inconvenience a recent server lag may have caused you. Unfortunately the in-game support team is unable to grant, replace or restore any in-game content or quest progression that may have been affected by the server issue."

i'm not frustrated or angry, just... Sad.

Once, ddo was a fun game.

Which reminds me that I forgot to mention the main highlight of my exasperation and frustration.

The bug tracker in game has been down since UD18- not that it almost ever was up to begin with before then.

But now, I can't even file a ticket with a GM, it just gives me a service down error.

Not that it would have helped, of course, as the post above highlights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagolar View Post
    See Also:

Which reminds me that I forgot to mention the main highlight of my exasperation and frustration.

The bug tracker in game has been down since UD18- not that it almost ever was up to begin with before then.

But now, I can't even file a ticket with a GM, it just gives me a service down error.

Not that it would have helped, of course, as the post above highlights.
    It's been limited to VIP and premium who have paid recently...I have been able to get some in though

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

This should be made like cove event- each raid group gets its own instance.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    This should be made like cove event- each raid group gets its own instance.
    I second that.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Community Member

Mabar is a joke

complete fail!

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blaze44 View Post
    Mabar is a joke

complete fail!
    I second that as well.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Thumbs down They could relly care less

As all have stated due to the unplayability of Mabar it sucks. I have run about 30 runs in the last 3 days I have only completed and got my sigial/scales once. DEV's shut it down you are just making people ****ed and making your self look worse. I know most people have had the same exp as me but 29 failures due to lag is too much.