Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Are YOU willing to deal with lag and multiple failures for a +5 tome?

3 successful runs on 3 different days. I personally already have 3 keys, and I don't feel any need for the other items availble from the mote vendor. This frees me from any desire to help farm tokens to open the doors to the dragon fight(The non-intuitive way that drops are determined doesn't encourage me either).

So basically I'm at the point where all I do is periodically check the countdown,and jump in whe the doors open. If lag strikes and an altar died, costs me nothing. If lag doesn't strike I have a real shot at a successful run.

The worst part? So far I've had no runs without crippling broken lag that's so bad you can't even move.

Is it worth the frustration to the rest of you guys? Or not?

One tome down, one to go.

Depending on how annoyed I am with the lag (it was incredibly annoying) once I get that second tome, I may or may not pick up a third one for my melee with stunning blow. My pally and ranger, OTOH, can go pound sand. No way am I getting more than 3 tomes.

(The DC wizard already has his int tome, next on deck is a wisdom tome for the DC cleric.)

After that all I need is ~1000 motes to finish my monk's wraps and I'm all done with mabar. The augments are nice but I'll live without them. The lag is just too prohibitive.

well besides buying one from the store how else will I be able to get one? They dont drop as upgrade +4-+5 tomes in the reward 20th lists for certain raids anymore? So its either this or be extremely lucky which im not? well we will see tomorrow when I get to play. Hopefully I can get one.........but meh its getting less and less appealing to log in anymore.

Yup Dragon spawned... no one moved.. 1 min later when the lag started to free up, 3 different alters destroyed.

You are at: r1 lx1928 ly48 i2049 cInside ox91.86 oy-163.70 oz-114.43 h261.6

Crafting istance FTW.... I new we wouldn't succeed the sec after I typed /loc
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery: 18 Fighter/2 Paladin ~ Havenstorm : 20 Paladin~ Cashfu: 20 Monk
    Cachemoney: 20 Sorcerer~ Repulsion: 20 Favored Soul ~
    Duergrim: 18 Artificer/2 Rogue

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Seems to have just crashed thelanis. Unlike when they were +6 tomes I wont be taking any +5's I can get them in the store, the augments and cloaks and upgrades to existing stuff is where I'll be spending my time. Assuming the game is running. which is not a safe assumption.

IMO they borked something the last update, I've been getting long yellows on join since the hotfix for the exploit. I suspect the game is sending too much data, and so here we are and it's Mabar time and the game is sending too much data AND mabar is usually laggy the first night or two as the crowds peak. Not a good combo. I usually don't lag at all during events.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cashiry View Post
    Yup Dragon spawned... no one moved.. 1 min later when the lag started to free up, 3 different alters destroyed.

You are at: r1 lx1928 ly48 i2049 cInside ox91.86 oy-163.70 oz-114.43 h261.6

Crafting istance FTW.... I new we wouldn't succeed the sec after I typed /loc
    Just did it again at 10:00pm EST, then respawned my guy went to adventure area and lag there was horrid too, back to my low lvl at least no lag there! FIX YO SERVER turbine, for that is 2 years now high lvls been screwed over....

Community Member

Nope, and lfm's were dead for my tr range so looks like ill be taking couple weeks off.

Chalk up another failure due to lag.

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

....for once, I'm really glad to be in European time zone & therefore the off-peak hours
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Yeah, not doing Mabar. Yuk.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    well besides buying one from the store how else will I be able to get one? They dont drop as upgrade +4-+5 tomes in the reward 20th lists for certain raids anymore? So its either this or be extremely lucky which im not? well we will see tomorrow when I get to play. Hopefully I can get one.........but meh its getting less and less appealing to log in anymore.
    Pretty much this, don't know of any other way to get them in game so will give it a try. Not going to bother for alts though, so much grinding added since MoTU that I barely play them now so why bother.

Default yes

in short yes it's worth it +5 tomes cost way too much TP and I'm poor lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffgar View Post
    Is it worth the frustration to the rest of you guys? Or not?
    Nope. And if I log in again to find crippling lag OUTSIDE Delera's, then I won't bother to log in at all until this PoS is over. If I find another game in the meantime, then so be it.

I'm pretty used to Mabar being laggy and feces by now, but this is even worse than usual.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    Nope. And if I log in again to find crippling lag OUTSIDE Delera's, then I won't bother to log in at all until this PoS is over. If I find another game in the meantime, then so be it.

I'm pretty used to Mabar being laggy and feces by now, but this is even worse than usual.
    Yeah, it was awful. I quit after an hour and two runs. And lag was bad enough everywhere else tonite that I quit early.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayseifn View Post
    Pretty much this, don't know of any other way to get them in game so will give it a try. Not going to bother for alts though, so much grinding added since MoTU that I barely play them now so why bother.
    Pretty much this.

I've never even found a Tome of any kind. So I'll try to find some time zone that the game isn't a clusterflock to get a +5 tome or two. But I'm not going to go through that garbage again.

Community Member

Nevermind the tome, I need the Augment of the Vampire Slayer to finish my Twinblade!

Community Member

Yes, I will grind this out!! It wasn't too bad last night, aside from a couple instances. The L25ish instances seem harder hit than the lower level ones.

All in all though, it was a smashing good time with only 25% failure to lag

To the OP's title... Oh yeah!!!
    There is no free lunch.

No way. Every year they bring mabar back and im scared theyre gonna include an item im gonna have to grind out cuz i just have to have it!

Been there, done that, suffered thru many lvl20/24 items. I dont wanna go back

So I was delighted this years item was often available in store and i already have most of them i want

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast