Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: New Items

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    So there's a shield (made an age ago) that procs a HEAL and we have a ML 28 augment that procs that?

So I run something on EE for the odd chance of pulling this augment then replacing one of my rare blue augment slots with something with such an abysmal range of healing.

Can't you simply add a heal spell property with a sunburst offensive hit instead? I'm not really interested in the damage, but a 2% chance for a heal on my tank at level 28 would be awesome.
    i agree, this is underwhelmingly low, please raise the proc chance by 10-15% at least and raise the amount healed, i'm not sure if you guys noticed but 2300hp melee's are running around, the 120 heal proc barely gets noticed

Melange:

No comment on the greatsword?
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Melange:

No comment on the greatsword?
    And the docent.

Or the fact that ML24 augments have a 0.0000001% chance to drop.
    Or why tomes are borked on live.
    Or why Skill tomes have been added to 20th raid list instead of Ability tomes.

I find all this ridicolous. He doesn't even bother reading this thread and all our concerns o_O
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    If that is the actual rough average, sounds like a slightly better old style guard version. Guards used to be a d6 or d8 and no healing every hit.

But given the guards at that lvl are up to what... 6d4? Probably should just up the % to make it a what? 10% 15%?
    (20+120/2) for median would be 70.
    If it is using a 20d6 (which is what 20-120 would suggest), most times, that'd be the result with little variance due to their replication of independent dice accumulation results.

*.2 results in roughly 1.4 points shaved off per incoming hit.

* .10 would end up at about 7 points shaved off per incoming hit.
    * .15 would end up at about 10.5 points shaved off per incoming hit.

6d40 at 15% would cap out at 240 (sans heal amp) with a high enough variance to be reactive while still only hitting a median of 18 points per incoming strike.

That would at least exceed lifesheild.
    Last edited by Scraap; 11-05-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    I find all this ridicolous. He doesn't even bother reading this thread and all our concerns o_O
    I wouldn't want to read it either when it's nothing but complaints from cranky spreadsheet gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    I wouldn't want to read it either when it's nothing but complaints from cranky spreadsheet gamers.
    You don't have to be a spreadsheet gamer to know that those items are subpar, you just have to know the game.

Hero

Played 6 years, never even touch a spreadsheet nor will I ever and the loot sucks. If you can't bear to read criticism about your work, you suck at your job too. Everyone get criticized, it's what you do with it that defines much of who you are.

Anyways, if you want to delude yourself more, great. But just look at the forums and how Ghostbane is now become a laughing stock of the game. The loot named and random is a mockery now. It's more fun to come up with jokes about it than it is to play the game and try to get it.

It's math-heavy because the underlying mechanics of encounter outcomes are math driven, so of course discussions are going to use the tools of the trade. That being said, if anything, I'd say the latest loot designs lean too far towards the, as you put it 'cranky spreadsheet gamers', since there's so little outcome-impact that they're the only ones that would even theoretically notice a difference.

Community Member

It's not that the Devs don't read the feedback they receive, they do.

The problem is two fold, first off, they cant come out and say things when they don't have a solution, because then it becomes double the trouble if they don't end up actually fixing the problem before the updates go live. It is pretty clear on these forums that providing non clear and concise dev responses brings just a whole world of trouble.

The second problem, is that while the devs are hearing the feedback, its not so simple to come up with a solution. Good clear criticism is very important to the devs, however the people who tend to make those types of criticism are also the ones who feel that they would be better at actually designing the game when that is not at all true.

Sure, the devs have been erring on the side of caution for power creep and ease of access recently making things weaker or more difficult than they have to be, but that's as a direct result of how much people have been complaining that things are too easy recently and completely opposite to their previous designs that spurred on those complaints. I am not saying its wrong in either way, certainly the middle ground is the right place to be but its not so easy to figure out where the right middle ground is.

The issue is that everyone likes to think they have a solution on each problem, but the majority of random player's solutions are not very far sighted. They look only at a single aspect and not their ramifications to the entire game or other changes going on. Are these items very underpowered? Of course, however if you power them too much, as well as powering up some of the other places we are complaining are too weak, and making some of the other things easier as the forums desire, and then the game becomes too boring and easy again.

It is possible that a forumite could provide a very suitable suggestion, but its so unlikely and difficult to assess at a single glance that even if they were to go with someone's suggestion as a solution, it wouldn't be until after a long period of consideration, comparisons, and testing.

Honestly, what I think is happening with these itemization decisions is the direction Turbine has decided to go with specialized equipment as a result of the outrage at power creep that has been happening on the forums. A lot of people have been complaining that numbers are getting to big and out of hand that they decided not to keep making more and more powerful items. Instead they are producing items that are situationally more powerful. If Turbine is working in the restrictions of not increasing power creep, all they can do is change itemization to focus items in one direction or not.

All that said, providing clear feedback is important, if the forums are not that great at coming up with solutions they are at least good at seeing problems. Feedback like this sucks is wiorthless, but some of the feedback here such as the fact that the golem heart's proc is equivalent to a level 4 guard and significantly worse than the low level enchantment lifeshield is pretty good feedback.

Shrug, basically its never as simple as people think it is. If you didn't have to care about anything except the nature of a single item, addressing concerns about that item would be very easy indeed but game design is a lot more complex than that. The golem heart is a blue slot item? Well we can get blue slot random gen items now. Does it stack with itself? What would happen to power balance if they buffed it much and someone stacked 4 or 5 of these things in their armor... There are more things to consider than just looking at this one augment.
    Vlyxnol / Ragedx / Marphist - Completionist of Legit
    "As a tank I feel that plate armor is necessary for my survivability but I also feel that other players need to see my belly button."

Community Member

The more important questions are

1. Does healing amp effect this?

2. Do multiples stack?

Quote Originally Posted by godmode View Post
    The more important questions are

1. Does healing amp effect this?

2. Do multiples stack?
    ^^^^^ This, because yea 2% chance is pretty bad just like that epic feat elusive target, I love it, but the % chance is way too low. anyway a boost is proc rate would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ZzpxpzZ View Post
    Stuff
    Good post, to long to quote,

Problem is, with the increase in levels and difficulty and the lack of power increase past lv 20 (besides ed's) we need to fill in the gap, atm only gear could/should do that.
    At this moment the gear isn't powerfull enough for its own level, a lv 14! shield works better then this thing, wich requires a rare blue slot too.
    Now this thing drops in a quest doule its level!
    if the augment was lv 14 and dropped in gh/vale it would have been nice, now its a waste.
    One would expect that in 14 levels time normal gear would catch up to years old raid gear???

I'm not asking for an ESoS beater in every pack, but it would be nice to have gear thats usefull at its own level.
    Not that it realy maters, the droprates of high level augments is so low/non existant.

I feel sorry for the poor dope who was ordered to make this stuff, (s)he migh not have known better and now gets all this negative feedback.

Dear loot dev, please take our advice into consideration, after the U19 loot debacle we need an incentive to buy Update 20, you have that capability to save u20, please work with us to make it hapen, i don't want to loose more friends over this, evening star is already a ghosttown as it is, the game is loosing people by the update

Community Member legendkilleroll's Avatar

They went from +8 to +11 just like that, someone made that decision

When you make loot you cant just stick a random effect and a augment slot and say here you go, the devs must play the game, how can they not see that those items are useless, i just don't know how you could look at them and think "they gonna love these!"

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    The Keen IV isn't giving the +1.5 weapon damage, Epic weapons have a base weapon damage of 2.0 so it should be a 3.5 total.
    Last edited by LightBear; 11-06-2013 at 03:43 AM.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Quote Originally Posted by legendkilleroll View Post
    They went from +8 to +11 just like that, someone made that decision

When you make loot you cant just stick a random effect and a augment slot and say here you go, the devs must play the game, how can they not see that those items are useless, i just don't know how you could look at them and think "they gonna love these!"
    The red augment is going to be ideal for portal bashing.
    And is ideal on a Pinion when going after the Iron Fire Bomber in Blown to Bits.

The 2% on the blue augments is way to low, I'd say up the min level and the percentage.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Community Member legendkilleroll's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    The red augment is going to be ideal for portal bashing.
    And is ideal on a Pinion when going after the Iron Fire Bomber in Blown to Bits.

The 2% on the blue augments is way to low, I'd say up the min level and the percentage.
    Yeh use pinions red slot so you can run one quests nobody ever does lol

Atleast you didnt defend the greatsword or docent :P

Greatsword:

Even with the missing 1W factored in, this is ****-poor against even Bane targets and won't make me put down my eSoS even for them. It probably wouldn't even make me put down my Heroic SoS. It needs more, and please do NOT make that "more" simply more damage dice multipliers or bigger crits. We don't need a weapon that tries to beat either Sword of Shadows at its own game. Get creative with the extra modifiers.

Also, Monsterous Humanoids do not fit in the "Unnatural" scheme at all. Change that to Outsiders. All Outsiders. Seriously, even the name screams "You don't belong here!" (Keep Aberrations and Undead though.) Then you might get people's attention.

Docent:

Repair Amp +20%
    Healing Amp +20%

Add those two things and this thing will single-handedly make WF melee viable again and triple the sales of this pack, easy. Hell, every Warforged without a highly specialized option for their build would want it. People would farm for this if it had those mods.

As it stands right now, ML 18 vendor trash is more interesting.

Golem augment:

2% is too low a procrate at some of the possible damage numbers the mobs can toss out. The trick is to make it worth a precious blue, purple or green slot in EE without overpowering it in EN or EH. I don't have an easy answer for this one. Maybe make the healing scale like Twisted Talisman damage to self, at least?

The other augment:

See, this is how disinterested I am in the loot, I can't even remember the name. Pity, as even with a narrow niche, this is a great augment as it is. If it's got a slot that can take it and it's a weapon, you've got instant GCB of sorts. Godmode if you're slapping it into a Cannith Crafted (whatever) of GCB with a red slot.
    Last edited by TDarkchylde; 11-06-2013 at 04:49 AM.
    .:Sarlona - ELH:. Inamorata (TR11 Completionist WIP) / Groundloop (TR2) / Signalmixer (TR) / Serraphiia (TR)
    Angelorum (TR) / Darqchylde / Aetherielle / Rashree / Colordepth / Wintremoon / Tarrynn
    Amarizi / Genozid / Arising / Tenpercenter / Ellixia / Zecele / Harika / Lainiel / Zephale

Community Member

Golem augment. Keep it at ML1. Have it proc Exalted Angel's Divine Wrath:
    * Deals 2d6 light damage per character level, will save for half (DC 10 + character level + half charisma or wisdom mod).
    * Allies within blast are healed for 1d6 HP per character level.

Community Member

I'll never use that docent, but the greatsword is nice. I just wish it had better art. There are only a couple of interesting-looking greatswords in the game, and even the alchemical one's blade gets covered up by weapon effect animations

"Spreadsheet gamers" or not, it doesn't take a genius to look at these items and say how much they suck.

Also, it doesn't take a genius either to make a couple minor (suggested already) improvements to make them appealing for, in the case of the greatsword, their targetted enemies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast