Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: New Items

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    More than likely now it is what it was supposed to have been. So previous comments were misguided.

We can now go back to telling them why that is terrible.

But make note: DDO loot seems to be going % based DPS like standard MMOs which is rather dumb.
    Someone with more time to kill want to spend an hour on elaborating why an item in an action based MMO that doesn't affect actions is kinda pointless? Clearly the first spelling-out didn't take.
    Last edited by Scraap; 11-01-2013 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    This new greatsword drops in legitimately difficult content.
    Keep in mind that the real challenge with the Sword of Shadows is not the difficulty of the content but rather the very low chance of acquiring all the materials. You need a base item, a scroll, a seal, and a shard. I've managed to collect numerous scrolls but I have yet to see a seal and I have only ever seen a single shard. Compare that to most non-raid content where the EE items are on the ASAH within a week or two. Furthermore the raid cannot be soloed and, being a raid, is on a 66-hour timer unless you wish to invest in bypasses.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 11-01-2013 at 01:09 AM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Default the real challenge

the real challenge lies in convincing the loot developer(s) to do their job and give us the tools to deal with the over inflated mob hp, esp in EE content.

I don't want to attack any dev's personaly but i wouldn't mind a conversation with them about the loot design.
    I would like awnsers to so many questions,

1, what kind of justification do you have to produce such lackluster loot?, who do you take your notes from?
    If it's WotC then i can tell you right now to stop that, those people lost all conections with their playerbase years ago, most of their fanbase and developers went to piazo.

2, when will we get the chance to obtain propper 2 handed weapons?Drow/duergar were a step in the right direction but in overal the loot of late has been lackluster, i expected more from the CitW 2handers, let allone the FoT Skybreaker , its only slightly better vs undead then ESoS wich we have for years.

But these days mobs have a 100X the amount of hp of those years ago when von went epic, the tools to combat them haven't grown with them.

3, when will you unnerf our 2handers? give us back the old ESoS crittprofile, give us back Terror. reforge cleaver to something more powerfull
    We're talking about lackluster epic weapons for so long, U19 was pathetic in its loot, i assumed you learned your lesson by now.
    Will you go go back to all those packs and repair the damage you have done and with that repair our trust in your work and company?

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

rest bum rush dragon
    Whaaa? You can't do that until the pillars are down? Doesn't resemble any VON I've ever done. What is an Eggs phase? You mean Claws?

It's only a smooth run because we're now all 25-28 level, and have done it so many times that we have it memorized and know it like the backs of our hands. It's also actually fun (unlike a lot of new stuff especially the newer "arena beat down" raids).

Do you really think stuff you can buy off the AH on day one of the packs arrival should obviate stuff that in many cases took YEARS to actually acquire by oneself? Instant gratification and no end game is killing this game faster than any other factor. EN EH and EE loot has been an unmitigated disaster. Lets make it worse by obviating one of the only things left in the game that's worthy of spending a long time trying to acquire.

I'm glad this GS is a POS, nothing that will have a entire page of AH listings within a day or two of release should be especially good, I hope some surrley Dev doesn't see this thread and say "What this? Sirgog used to talk to good old Genasi? Well then he must be important and representative of the player base: I'm going to give Sirgog what he wants" and let those people who are hanging on by a thread looking for a reason (an excuse really) to keep playing, who on a nightly basis fill VON5-6's faster and more frequently than FoT or CitW... Let them go find something else to do... Hell why stop there, why not give everyone a Raiders reward box with choice of CitW weapon and BAM we've eliminated 2 of the last three end game raids that anyone cares about! Opps wait that last ones already in the pipeline! Seriously if you used to have the ear of a Dev, well I'm glad you don't any more.
    Last edited by IronClan; 11-01-2013 at 04:25 AM.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    To the Loot developer,

You're not good at your job.

Cordially,

Paying Customer
    To the Loot developer,

Can we have a talk with you regarding the latest items?

Cordially,

Another Paying Customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-10-31-2013%29

• NEW: Golem’s Hearts (Named Augment available from A Study in Sable) now have Minimum Level: 28

That's your takeaway from that portion of the conversation? Srsly?

•NEW: Golem’s Hearts (Named Augment available from A Study in Sable) now have Minimum Level: 28
    •NEW: Deconstructors (Named Augment available from Brothers of the Forge) now have Minimum Level: 26

Now they have take auguments that were almost interesting and turned them into shi..aving cream.....
    WT... Seriously.....
    How does this get past the review stages..This just shows me the total disconnect between the creator/destroyer of loot and the game.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 11-01-2013 at 09:13 AM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    To the Loot developer,

Cordially,

Another Paying Customer.

To the Loot developer,

Cordially,

A Former Paying Customer.

Edit:
    I would like to suggest a couple of 1 hour session over a voip chat program (e.g. skype, raidcall etc) with my servers top tier players to help clarify where the loot design goes wrong and where&how it could be improved.
    This ofcourse with mature behaviou&language

It could help restore the faith in your loot dev team that has been sorely missing for a whille now,

sincerely,

A Concerned Customer

Also a level 20 greatsword that drops in trivial content. EH VON6 is regularly completed by PUGs that do not even attempt to coordinate a strategy or communicate beyond 'caster 1 to base 1, caster 2 to base 2, caster 3 to base 3, rest bum rush dragon, casters join in dragon fight if you can'. Even on EE, it's just a stat check until the final eggs phase.

This new greatsword drops in legitimately difficult content.
    Funny non-related story.

Ran a short-man, at level EE PUG Von5/6 the other day. Highlight of the run.

"SOMEONE KILLED A PILLAR AND MY GENIE ISNT EVEN HERE ON MY BASE. *** IS GOING ON?"
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    To the Loot developer,

Cordially,

Another Paying Customer.
    To the Loot developer (Assuming its Melange),

Can we PLEASE have a talk with you regarding the latest items? Lets say, from Shadowfell on?

Cordially,

Yet Another Paying Customer

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    To the Loot developer (Assuming its Melange),

Can we PLEASE have a talk with you regarding the latest items? Lets say, from Shadowfell on?

Cordially,

its generally sad, the low quality of this new gear. if you need better ideas then ask on the forums and I am sure you could take your pick of hundreds of good ideas. Ideas that wouldn't upset your player base.

Community Member

Default Uncool!

Hunter's Slayer ins UNCOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nobody do not want to equip!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want you to focus on looks than capability

bump

Can we get some awnsers on either the loot or the chat?
    The loot posted here is a bit under the weather and needs either a digi flu shot or to be capped like ol yeller and started from scratch.

Bump

One more note. It has come to my attention that the effects on the Golem Heart is displaying the wrong numbers. The version you see says it does 10 to 40 damage 2% of the time and doesn't specify the healing.

It actually does 50 to 300 damage and 20 to 120 healing per proc.

I am fixing the text.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    One more note. It has come to my attention that the effects on the Golem Heart is displaying the wrong numbers. The version you see says it does 10 to 40 damage 2% of the time and doesn't specify the healing.

I am fixing the text.
    At this stage I believe you need to actually compare what players are seeing compared to what you THINK it should be. Too many OOPS have happened to get constructive feedback vs. trolls.

Or actually come in and tell us yourself what the stats should be. When you work on code for so long, it becomes very difficult to see what is actually there. I run into that all the time.

I am fixing the text.
    Wow that is really horrible.

A ML 28 augment that grants on average 1d6 damage and 0.4-2 healing per hit you take.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Wow that is really horrible.

A ML 28 augment that grants on average 1d6 damage and 0.4-2 healing per hit you take.
    If that is the actual rough average, sounds like a slightly better old style guard version. Guards used to be a d6 or d8 and no healing every hit.

But given the guards at that lvl are up to what... 6d4? Probably should just up the % to make it a what? 10% 15%?

I am fixing the text.
    Just..wow.

You can fix the text but it still remains ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Hero

I am fixing the text.
    A 2% chance of 50-300 damage and 20-120 healing? When monsters have six-figure HP's and hit like a truck? No thanks. This won't even get a cursory glace from me once it goes live. Only people who might want this are people who collect items. Virtually nobody will use it.

I don't know what you guys are basing your development theory regarding loot is, but it's utterly failing on every level.
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 11-05-2013 at 11:17 AM.

What the actual eff.

I am fixing the text.
    So there's a shield (made an age ago) that procs a HEAL and we have a ML 28 augment that procs that?

So I run something on EE for the odd chance of pulling this augment then replacing one of my rare blue augment slots with something with such an abysmal range of healing.

Can't you simply add a heal spell property with a sunburst offensive hit instead? I'm not really interested in the damage, but a 2% chance for a heal on my tank at level 28 would be awesome.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast