Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: New Items

Community Member

Worth noting is that the sword is the first non-raid named epic greatsword.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    If they think anyone's paying for 2 quests, they're effing insane. Especially these two quests with this loot and this XP.
    Devil Assault ring a bell?
    Later they bundled it with Chrono because of thematics. (or so they claimed. I have no proof to say it was because of poor sales.)

Some people will buy it just to have a complete set. But honestly, they are due for some free quests so here is hoping.
    Last edited by Missing_Minds; 10-29-2013 at 12:44 PM.

If this was a quest with special mechanics that you could play at any level (DA) I could see charging a little for it. But 2 completely unrelated ones? These have f2p written all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Devil Assault ring a bell?
    Later they bundled it with Chrono because of thematics. (or so they claimed. I have no proof to say it was because of poor sales.)

Some people will buy it just to have a complete set. But honestly, they are due for some free quests so here is hoping.
    Except that before Chronoscope, Devil's Assault was widely regarded as the worst pack to buy, even being the lowest priced pack and with Chronoscope, you had a raid and some very solid loot, two general quests hardly seem comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Reincarnation was update 1 patch 1, update 1 was the Path of Inspiration (Mindsunder) and EPIC sands. So technically they gave us a lot of content first then patched in reincarnation afterwards.
    Further support for sephiroth1084's point. The original introduction of true reincarnation didn't even merit an update.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Oh my god.

That docent. Is..it..even serious?
    Golem's heart? 2%..? Cmon.

Can we have a talk with the loot developer? Or can we at least know who he is? PurpleFooz? Melange? Feather?
    By now I'm pretty sure it's a drinking bird doing it. The loot out of this update as well as the last is so far out of left field I can't help but chuckle in response.

Between the loot/ETR fail, I won't be re-subbing. The carrot system seems to completely elude Turbine's staff in charge of decisions. It's a shame, because they have the quests, the art, the item names, the coding all in - but they forgot the simplest and most important part - the enticement. Whoever's drawing up the stats lately clearly doesn't play the game itself, that much is plainly evident.

Also, where's the end game? You have 10ish raids out there sitting empty, wasting the completed framework. Do something with them? Although, that would entail redoing the loot; I'm having nightmares already.

The missing +1[W] for epic was, in fact, missing and should be fixed in the next iteration. Apologies for the confusion.
    The typo was fixed as well.

Thanks for the feedback, all.

Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    The missing +1[W] for epic was, in fact, missing and should be fixed in the next iteration. Apologies for the confusion.

The 1[W] is not enough to make this weapon close to viable against its bane targets, let alone for use in fights where there are both bane targets and non-targets (such as the three champions fight in EE VON3).

I do not believe a weapon without some form of damage multiplication effect (augmented criticals beyond Falchion levels, or %Doublestrike, or something new along those lines like melee alacrity 25%) can be viable at high level.

I remember back when the Red Fens had just been released and I was communicating with Genasi about what would be needed to make the Epic Greatclub of the Scrag niche-usable. Even then, my calculation was that if it remained +6 with two bursts and a bad crit profile, it would be of little use even at 5d12 base damage (which would now be 5[1d12] or 2.5[2d12] under present mechanics).

That was back when players had LESS effects that multiplied through on criticals and scale up with doublestrike than we do now.

You should run a test on Epic weapons. "Is this weapon better than the Heroic Sword of Shadow?". This item fails that test against its bane targets except for undead (where a triple positive is superior).
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Six pages of replies for this.

Hurrah!
    Last edited by Wizza; 10-30-2013 at 05:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

How many undead do we have to face off against are skeletons and the like? 1w along isn't enough to compensate for that.

Thanks for letting us know you are watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Six pages of replies for this.

Hurrah!
    Seriously.

I think you missed a point (or 10) when reading through this, Melange; unless you have a longer reply in the works.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

They build items around quest being run around on normal. We might just been too spoiled from older gear and expecting too much. I just want to see more items, I am sure with a bunch of items one of them will be great ^_^

I like the augments.
    I love you Abbot♥

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
    And yet it is still significantly weaker than a level 20 greatsword in every meaningful way...
    A level 20 greatsword that cannot simply be purchased off the astral shard auction house.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

One thing that I like about the greatsword is that it's flavorful and has a unique ability. That's good.

What's bad is that, as many have pointed out, it still performs so-so at best against its intended targets. This is epic end-game, it's okay to err on the side of over-powered. You could add vorpal, banishing, and disruption to the sword and the result would be a weapon that's fun and neat (and thematically appropriate), but still isn't going to be even close to dethroning the Sword of Shadows.
    Last edited by dejafu; 10-31-2013 at 08:57 AM.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by dejafu View Post
    . . . but still isn't going to be even close to dethroning the Sword of Shadows.
    Someday something will dethrone the ESOS.

On that day, the tears will be glorious.

Community Member

ITT:

And to be honest, it's due.. this loot is terrible. Have they lost all sense of creativity? Seriously? "Just throw Keen and some augments on them, they'll be happy"

unnghhhh...
    Zaphear(Completionist), Lugziurious, Lugzmeat Shield, Lugzii, Lugziii, Lugzsing Measong - De Profundis

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Notice the golem heart doesn't list an ML at all. That why it's 2% flat?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-10-31-2013%29

• NEW: Golem’s Hearts (Named Augment available from A Study in Sable) now have Minimum Level: 28

That's your takeaway from that portion of the conversation? Srsly?

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-10-31-2013%29

• NEW: Golem’s Hearts (Named Augment available from A Study in Sable) now have Minimum Level: 28

That's your takeaway from that portion of the conversation? Srsly?
    More than likely now it is what it was supposed to have been. So previous comments were misguided.

We can now go back to telling them why that is terrible.

But make note: DDO loot seems to be going % based DPS like standard MMOs which is rather dumb.

To the Loot developer,

You're not good at your job.

Cordially,

Paying Customer
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    A level 20 greatsword that cannot simply be purchased off the astral shard auction house.
    Also a level 20 greatsword that drops in trivial content. EH VON6 is regularly completed by PUGs that do not even attempt to coordinate a strategy or communicate beyond 'caster 1 to base 1, caster 2 to base 2, caster 3 to base 3, rest bum rush dragon, casters join in dragon fight if you can'. Even on EE, it's just a stat check until the final eggs phase.

This new greatsword drops in legitimately difficult content.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast