Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Items

Default New Items

These are what Squeak dropped in the Dojo. The sword is obviously from A Study in Sable and the Docent from Brothers of the Forge.
    Not sure about the augments.
    If anyone finds anything else please post!

Last edited by Satyriasys; 10-24-2013 at 11:19 PM.

These look very useful~

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    These look very useful~
    Sarcasm?
    Need to flash a sign when you do that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

That sword is bugged and missing 1W from being epic

1(base) + 1(epic) + 1.5(keen) = 3.5W
    Formerly Rathic of harvestgain

Quote Originally Posted by Rathic View Post
    That sword is bugged and missing 1W from being epic

1(base) + 1(epic) + 1.5(keen) = 3.5W
    Look at all the EE u19 weaps that have like +4 enh bonuses, or not even an enh bonus at all... I wouldn't jump to conclusions about "bugged".

I don't understand why that greatsword has Greater Bane instead of Unnatural Bane VI. Not that I'd mind that (I like the old bane more than the new one), but I don't get why discontinued enhancements suddenly pop up on new items.

The docent is underwhelming, especially considering that this is the EE version already. Compared to Dragonscale Docents, this isn't really shining.
    Last edited by karl_k0ch; 10-24-2013 at 09:13 PM.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

I wouldn't mind popping a couple of those deconstructors into a pair of maces of smiting for running house c quests.

Or maybe farming epic xp from VON4. Hmmmm...

That greatsword...

I just want to friggin cry.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    That greatsword...

I just want to friggin cry.
    If it does an extra 1.5[w] from Keen4, and it should be doing 2[w] base simply for being epic ... why am I not seeing it?

Curious on the availability of the augments (and healing amount on the one).
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

So... a mediocre sword and a garbage worthless docent... sad just sad....

Loot Dev is sooo missing the point on EPIC named items....
    really... level appropriate loot .. is it that hard of a concept to grasp...

as to the augments...

Golem Heart... meh maybe if I have nothing else to slot....2% is pretty weak.. especially for a valuable blue slot.

Deconstructor.. maybe some uses for it.. not terrible..

Would have like to have see some high level augments for high level quests though...
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Oh great. More garbage loot I'll just throw on the AH or SE and hope someone is dumb enough to buy it.
    Member of Over Raided, level 100 Guild on Orien
    DPS: If it's not solving all your problems, you simply aren't using enough of it.

Hunter's Slayer:

- Even against its Bane targets it is underwhelming.
    - Against Monsterous Humanoids and Aberrations it is awful. Horrid crit profile, Keen is redundant other than the base [w] increase which appears not to be working, and a random lootgen "Solar of Heartseeker" is probably ahead of it.
    - Against undead, it is so far behind triple positive that it is not even funny. +++ is probably even ahead against a vampire with DR 20/silver.

Suggestion: Fix base damage to be the expected 3.5[2d6] and add Solar 7. Even then this will just be a niche tool (for the DR/silver mobs), not an all-purpose weapon.

Cyran Guard:

- Reserving judgement until I see how much elemental damage is in future high level content, however I'm not impressed so far despite "Absorb All: 20%" being a powerful mutation.
    - White dragonscale set is probably better for making you harder to kill. Black and blue sets are so good offensively that most won't want to give them up for this effect.
    - If you want to make this the ultimate "HAHA I do not fear spellcasters!" docent, add Resistance 11.
    - Also the AC seems low for a purely defensive docent.

Golem's Heart:

- 2% on-being-hit procs were marginally useful when endgame mobs hit for 50. When they hit for 400, this is useless.

Deconstructor:

- Is that a 100% proc? If so, this is insanely strong in its narrow niche.
    - This will make any weapon it is put into as strong against constructs as triple positives are against undead. Not sure that is a great idea.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Sarcasm?
    Need to flash a sign when you do that...
    I'm not being sarcastic. I could use some of these.

I honestly don't see what you are all complaining about.

I'm not being sarcastic. I could use some of these.

I honestly don't see what you are all complaining about.
    Yikes...

The only nice thing in that OP is that deconstructor augment. Loot devs ought to be ashamed of themselves for even presenting these
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Underwhelming. A waste of potentially useful flavor items. sirgog's suggestions seem to hit the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Yikes...

The only nice thing in that OP is that deconstructor augment. Loot devs ought to be ashamed of themselves for even presenting these
    Your feedback is worse. Very few people in this thread actually say *why* they don't like the loot.

Your feedback is worse. Very few people in this thread actually say *why* they don't like the loot.
    Stop being inflammatory?

Why does he need to explain it. The loot is clearly suboptimal - there is no point to it, and no need to explain why. It's obvious.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    I don't understand why that greatsword has Greater Bane instead of Unnatural Bane VI. Not that I'd mind that (I like the old bane more than the new one), but I don't get why discontinued enhancements suddenly pop up on new items.

The docent is underwhelming, especially considering that this is the EE version already. Compared to Dragonscale Docents, this isn't really shining.
    Got to sort of agree with both of these.

If the Greatsword is going to have the old Bane enhancement, it should be EPIC Bane of the Unnatural. Jesus, how many times do I need to repeat that EPIC bane needs to be part of the Epic loot table for named items. We have a total of one Epic bane in the game and it was added waaaaaay back when Sands became Epic.

The Docent is another sucky Docent. Nothing unique or even interesting. Elemental Absorption plus Slots makes it barely better than random gear. No repair over time effect or Repair Amp or +20 Repair skill, or +5 exceptional Repair skill, since there's Repair bots in that quest? Any one of those added to this thing would have made it a bit more interesting, but still bland. As the Docent stands, it looks like it was designed with a random roll.

I am interested somewhat in the Augments. They are both interesting and unique. Too bad something like these augments could be made for the freaking PAID portion of the Shadowfell "expansion". These augments alone outclass all the named gear in that overpriced garbage passed off as an "expansion."

Community Member

Decent yellow augments are lacking. Blues, reds and even colourless slots have lots of good options now but nothing great for yellows, I'll probably end up filling all my yellows with +attribute augs and if I do end up still using any eGH gear generally speaking the EH versions are better than EE in that case which is silly.

Making the Golem's Heart a yellow would be a step in the right direction, not sure if it's enough to make it viable but it'd be a good move. No way I'd waste a blue slot on it as is, well maybe on a Celestia if I was ok wasting comms as there's no damage augments I can put there.

Oh my god.

That docent. Is..it..even serious?
    Golem's heart? 2%..? Cmon.

Can we have a talk with the loot developer? Or can we at least know who he is? PurpleFooz? Melange? Feather?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Reroll.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast