Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    It is amusing how some people (maybe not you) complain on one hand that the game is too easy, and then on the other complain about what they consider to be an off-destiny

If you're determined to gain the benefits from one of the spheres, you could always throw a Heroic or Iconic TR into the mix and just do a build that synergises with one destiny from that sphere.

Personally, I'm okay with the idea that I have to make choices and might need to jump through a few hoops to get what I want. I like the challenge of it.
    What does 'easy' have to do with being forced to level something that has little or no synergy to do with a class? In other words - I force myself to run mostly En or EH content, often the same quick content to stomach the churn, ignoring LFMs for EE. That's what happens now. With this type of hamster wheeling I will have to do that from 20-28, not just a destiny itself.

You do realize that in order to reincarnate say my fighter to a savant I then need the gear to level a savant from 1 - 28? I have no interest in heroic reincarnate most of my toons - if I do so I generally add 1 or 2 in the same type of class for the ability points. I just don't feel like re-gearing in a completely different class. Both because I don't have the space but not really any interest in spending that time since I do not have any interest in any type of completionist.

So right there is one of the most silly aspects not only of your argument but that of the design, where the 'best' solution to a terrible design idea is to re-level from 1-28 in a completely different class forcing a player to re-gear in order to be able to synergize with the sphere.

Now here perhaps the idiot proof solution.

Karma should not be tied to a specific sphere. 6 million points is 6 million points. 6 million Xp is 6 million xp. All type of grind have one thing in common. TIME. Time to spend. All assumptions from a dev should be 'if I want to have people play this system for as long as possible giving us time to come up with a new thing to do in the end of it, what is the common denominator?'
    TIME
    The amount of time I spend leveling A to Z.
    So why do I need to make that hamster wheel terrible by doing it in a way that makes it harder to do so because there's no synergy?

BTW - there's absolutely NO challenge in playing EN from 20-28 - there is a lot more challenge in playing EE from 20-28. So your 'challenge' is actually a complete lack thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Their descriptions say "Stance". Does this mean they're not usable while in any other stance? If so, boo. Do not want.
    After having done a few ERs on Lamm the stances work nicely. You can have 1 active from each sphere. For good past life it becomes a tough choice for a class with synergy. Like a caster and the arcane. Quicker cooldowns or crits. Savants of course benefit from crits over cooldowns but both are not bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Will you get the active past life stance for free just by doing the epic reincarnation or will it be like the true reincarnation where you have to actually pick it as the feat and just get the passive?
    You pick a sphere when you ER that has to have enough karma to get the past life feat from.

So each sphere has 3 choices and as long as you got the karma in that sphere you can ER from it. You don't need to pick it as a feat. It's auto granted. You have to activate the stance part according to what you want to have running. So if you have 2 different picks from one sphere you pick which one to be active. These past life stuff can be active at any level like all other past lifes - so if you pick the martial doublestrike you can use it from level 1 if you do a heroic right after your epic.

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Paraphrasing:

Seriously, what's the big deal? At least you get to play as an arti (or whatever) while earning the Karma. So you're affraid people won't let you run Epic Elite in an off destiny? So what? After the first time bonus is earned, EE is very inneficient for earning xp; it's only nominally higher per quest, but significantly lower per minute/per effort.
    Maybe I prefer to just play to have fun? Efficient way or not.

And thanks for ridiculing a legitimate concern about a terrible design idea. Maybe I should just do what the devs want me to do instead. Buy their Otto's box and level through it completely. Like doing the heroic third life and landing 250k short of level 20 with a sovereign pot and 5% shrine etc.

Or adding 2 mill Karma in a off destiny by eating Epic Otto's stone. There's a challenge.

I'm not at all afraid of anything - I want to enjoy an entertainment I pay good money for. If I wanted to be bored out of my skull I could just sit down and watch TV instead. At least that costs basic cable rates - something I pay for right now without using it.

See - I'm not worried that a group would 'let me run EE' with them. I would feel like a complete jackwad if I did it. Because I would effectively gimp my best effort by running a off destiny in a high level quest, making everyone else drag be through the entire quest. Like being a fighter on draconic where I can't even hit good dps numbers. Would you want to be the healer healing a person like that in EE?

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    So only one active iconic toggle at a time?
    Is this verified?
    Yes - have tested it myself and definitely only one iconic toggle active at a time.

The passive from past lives is missing Sonic.
    Divine Block Energy is missing this as well?

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Xaenith View Post
    Still doesn't make up for the fact that you have to earn 6 million exp for a boost that is as small or smaller than any of the heroic PL abilities.

This update is supposed to make people WANT to TR. I can't see it really doing that unless these numbers are significantly boosted.
    6.6 million, but who's counting.

Size of the boost isn't a massive issue for me. It's there as an optional extra for people that want to do it.

The current Epic and Iconic Past Life Feats may well get tweaked before they go live, but I'm not overly bothered whether they are or not.

Some people will see it as an incentive to epic or iconic TR, others will see it as something else to do on a main who's done everything.

If you think the past life feats should be boosted, jump over to Lamannia where the devs are following a few threads over there and post up your suggestions.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    tldr - all you're asking for here is an easy button
    At the end of the day, Epic and Iconic TRing is an optional extra.

If you don't like it, can't cope with it, don't think it's worth the effort, then don't do it. Nobody is taking anything away from you here.

If you really can't cope with questing in a non-optimal destiny, then Producer Glin's recent tweets would suggest that the decision to make CoV's drop in saga rewards is being reversed and you'll be free to gain saga XP in whatever destiny is active at the time you claim the reward.

If you're just determined to complain until the world gets changed to suit you then I think you're in for a disappointment.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign

Like being a fighter on draconic where I can't even hit good dps numbers.
    You do realise that Energy Sheath and Energy Burst with a spell power boosting item on works nicely on a melee don't you?

Is it the uberest uberness ever? Maybe not.

is it useless? Definitely not. A few thousand burst damage is never a bad thing.

Find a box and think outside it.

Community Member

Ill be happy.

It takes me about 45-50 days to make a heroic TR (before upd 19, now maybe a little less, ill' find out) with less then 10 hours/week of play... now with all this new grind to achieve i will continue to advance my main for years, and thats exactly what i search... long term goals, and satisfaction in advancing slowly my toon, experiencing new builds, tactics and quests

If Turbine manage to keep bugs at an acceptable level i will play ddo forever (or till the servers shut down)

well done turbine!

now... on the pl feats... i can see a problem in martial sphere, too lack of dps, seem unfair...rest is ok, and ill happily grind for any

Community Member

Default OK, ... so you are being forced to do something there?

What does 'easy' have to do with being forced to level something that has little or no synergy to do with a class? In other words - I force myself to run mostly En or EH content, often the same quick content to stomach the churn, ignoring LFMs for EE. That's what happens now. With this type of hamster wheeling I will have to do that from 20-28, not just a destiny itself.

You do realize that in order to reincarnate say my fighter to a savant I then need the gear to level a savant from 1 - 28? I have no interest in heroic reincarnate most of my toons - if I do so I generally add 1 or 2 in the same type of class for the ability points. I just don't feel like re-gearing in a completely different class. Both because I don't have the space but not really any interest in spending that time since I do not have any interest in any type of completionist.

So right there is one of the most silly aspects not only of your argument but that of the design, where the 'best' solution to a terrible design idea is to re-level from 1-28 in a completely different class forcing a player to re-gear in order to be able to synergize with the sphere.

Now here perhaps the idiot proof solution.

Karma should not be tied to a specific sphere. 6 million points is 6 million points. 6 million Xp is 6 million xp. All type of grind have one thing in common. TIME. Time to spend. All assumptions from a dev should be 'if I want to have people play this system for as long as possible giving us time to come up with a new thing to do in the end of it, what is the common denominator?'
    TIME
    The amount of time I spend leveling A to Z.
    So why do I need to make that hamster wheel terrible by doing it in a way that makes it harder to do so because there's no synergy?

BTW - there's absolutely NO challenge in playing EN from 20-28 - there is a lot more challenge in playing EE from 20-28. So your 'challenge' is actually a complete lack thereof.
    First of all, no one forces you to even do a single ETR if you do not want to. And then no one forces you to get an EPL for a sphere that does not fit your character and / or does not give you much (or hardly any?) benefit. Just leave it be. There is not even something like an Epic Completionist thing (for now?) to do that for.

As for the Heroic TR - sure you need to do the sorcerer/wizard in it. But with the EK path you could now just go a Fighter with Pale Master/EK, use spells to buff yourself and fight in wraight form + using some of the EK things to make it act much as a boosted melee anyway. In heavy armor if you like.
    Or you could do a fighter/sorcerer who invests in the EK and takes some of the SLAs to again buff a bit, maybe throw out that firewall or acid rain and stand in the middle of it and deal melee damage. Or you could make a melee focussed Bard/fighter - that wouldn't even need much change in your gear either.

Or instead you could just get a couple of LR+x hearts, change over your build towards that sorc/wiz without ever having to TR and play the character in lvls 1-20 if you don't want to.

See, loads of options if you want to "force" yourself to do those "off destinies". The main thing is, to find a way that makes it interesting, challenging and fun to play, isn't it. Not to get an EPL just because its available.

Oh, and before we forget this (and it might be important for people who have already invested enormous time in running "off destinies" - like you, I expect), the important part is, that if you have a destinies XP capped in a sphere when this goes live, you will get 6million Karma in that sphere right away. Meaning that you have already earned the Karma for at least one EPL in that sphere. So if you are lucky, you won't have to run that sphere again (if you don't want multiple PL)
    Last edited by Nascoe; 10-25-2013 at 06:59 AM. Reason: added the info about the Karma for capped destinies

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Well color me impressed! I actually see things there that I want. Looks like a good job of making "nice to haves" that aren't "need to haves."

Of course, simple Bundynomics says that there must be some horrible catch to this...
    Yes, there is a horrible catch to this prices of epic hearts (Glin said they wont be reduced like heroic ones with valor comms), both in store and from sagas.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Gempoult View Post
    Yes, there is a horrible catch to this prices of epic hearts (Glin said they wont be reduced like heroic ones with valor comms), both in store and from sagas.
    You're out of date on this.

On Lamannia they've been dropped to 900 CoV with the disclaimer that these aren't necessarily the go-live numbers, so that could swing either way.

But Producer Glin's latest tweet, I'm reading as they have realised that tieing the CoV to saga rewards was a bad idea. While part of my thinks "Duh...." when I read this, the other part gives them credit for coming out and saying "We got it wrong, we're fixing it."

You do realise that Energy Sheath and Energy Burst with a spell power boosting item on works nicely on a melee don't you?

Is it the uberest uberness ever? Maybe not.
    It's garbage. 1-2k damage every 30 seconds is ****.

With that said . . .I can't for one second think any reason at all for a melee to bother with any of the EPLs from the arcane sphere anyway so it's probably a moot point. heck . . . I can't think of any reason for an arcane to bother with these either.

We'll see "karma" farming LFMs like we do/did see them for EDs. Impossible demands all over again. This system is as dumb if not dumber than the ED system regarding grind.

Community Member

Am I understanding correctly that if I cap both divine destines prior to U20 I get credit for 6MM karma even though the destinies are worth less than 4MM?

If so I need to get busy on this with a few alts.

Overall I like the passive benefits. I am not so sure if I understand the toggles completely, but they seem good even though they are another thing to clutter up my hotbars.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    It's garbage. 1-2k damage every 30 seconds is ****.
    For a fotm build sure. For anything else, it's definitely not ****. For extra burst damage, that's 1-2k per mob around you.

I ran with it on on my melee monk for ages and it's amazingly effective. Also a great twist to have.

Point is, if your vision for what makes an effective build is so narrow that you can only use what others have told you to do on a cookie cutter then you will struggle to see a way forward.

If there's something in an Epic or Heroic Past Life that you want, then it's worth working for. People whining that they want the rewards without putting the effort in is what's wrong with the picture I'm seeing.

Seems sort of...underwhelming for 6+ million of experience that you have to work though. I guess if you just have everything done and are only farming stuff with pals it can be cool. But def not something I'm "excited" about.
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Does anyone have a link to a detailed post on how epic TR works exactly? I've read the first post about epic TR, but a lot must have changed since then and I kinda lost track.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

For a fotm build sure. For anything else, it's definitely not ****. For extra burst damage, that's 1-2k per mob around you.

I ran with it on on my melee monk for ages and it's amazingly effective. Also a great twist to have.

Point is, if your vision for what makes an effective build is so narrow that you can only use what others have told you to do on a cookie cutter then you will struggle to see a way forward.

If there's something in an Epic or Heroic Past Life that you want, then it's worth working for. People whining that they want the rewards without putting the effort in is what's wrong with the picture I'm seeing.
    Nonsense, it's lousy damage period. if that's your definition of "effective" you don't know what effective is.

And the guy who plays a Monk 12/ranger 6/pally 2 is calling people out for playing FoTM builds?

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    Does anyone have a link to a detailed post on how epic TR works exactly? I've read the first post about epic TR, but a lot must have changed since then and I kinda lost track.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...on-Information

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast