Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    You're forced (if you want to take advantage of it) to mass 6 million XP in one Sphere (or karma) to Reincarnate in that sphere. Basically level 20-28. That's all those levels IN that sphere. So if I see a value in anything out of the divine sphere I will be forced (with say my arti) to pick 1 of 2 completely un-synergetic destinies to level all 20-28 in increasingly harder quests in order to get to that amount.
    It is amusing how some people (maybe not you) complain on one hand that the game is too easy, and then on the other complain about what they consider to be an off-destiny

If you're determined to gain the benefits from one of the spheres, you could always throw a Heroic or Iconic TR into the mix and just do a build that synergises with one destiny from that sphere.

Personally, I'm okay with the idea that I have to make choices and might need to jump through a few hoops to get what I want. I like the challenge of it.

Community Member

On Clickies:

I think the ideal amount of clickies is 4. I think the ideal cooldown is 6-8 seconds. Anything more than 4 clickies gets too onerous to juggle. Anything more than 8 seconds means you cant incorporate it into a 4-clicky attack sequence.

Long cooldown, short duration clickies are the worst, because they take up real estate on your hotbar even though you only activate them for orange names and up.

As we advance, I think we should get things that modify and improve our existing clickies, not add new ones. Shorter cooldowns on clickies over 8 seconds. Additional effects added to the clicky: chance to proc an effect, AOE effect, stacking buffs/debuffs on hit, etc. I really really like the "chance to reset cooldown on X skill" from the LD Cleave line, I'd love to see that implemented with other lines. Stances are always an option too, but you don't want to have a dozen stance toggles on your hotbar, either - so again, add to stance effects rather than add new stances. Enhancements like Stalwart Defender are headed in the right direction, in that regard.

We shouldn't need to click more than 4 buttons, ever. Make those buttons do more, rather than give us more buttons.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    We shouldn't need to click more than 4 buttons, ever. Make those buttons do more, rather than give us more buttons.

Is this what you're looking for?

Their descriptions say "Stance". Does this mean they're not usable while in any other stance? If so, boo. Do not want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Default Weahhh-Weahhh, off destiny, weahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Paraphrasing:
    Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    If I want a pally PL, I have to play as a pally. That's all well and good, makes sense. If I want a divine EPL... I have to play a friggin' divine Epic Detiny!? ***! This so screwed up...
    Seriously, what's the big deal? At least you get to play as an arti (or whatever) while earning the Karma. So you're affraid people won't let you run Epic Elite in an off destiny? So what? After the first time bonus is earned, EE is very inneficient for earning xp; it's only nominally higher per quest, but significantly lower per minute/per effort.
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Their descriptions say "Stance". Does this mean they're not usable while in any other stance? If so, boo. Do not want.
    Don't affect other stances. You want now?

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    This was definitely part of the consideration. We are curious if some players would prefer a few more active abilities.
    No. Gods no. Please, no more clickies. I have specifically designed all my enhancements to avoid clickies with a maximum of one, MAYBE two, clickies for every character. There was stuff I would've really liked that I skipped because it was a clicky. I would rather have passives that are slightly worse but always active than a button I have to mash every 8 seconds. (For instance: Tempest Dance of Death - I would rather have a passive ability that constantly hits +[2/3/4] enemies than have it as an 8-second clicky with a one-minute cooldown that adds +[1/3/5][W] damage.)

Permanent toggles are good. Especially if they're actually permanent - like Improved Precise Shot and Echoes of the Ancestors - and not permanent "until you log out" - like Power Attack and Prism. Whatever you do, don't go the Envenomed Blades route, with "permanent until you shrine, or zone into a quest/wildy, or die, or possibly go through a portal in a quest, or perhaps look at the screen wrong..." If I can put the toggle on my, say, 19th hotbar and bury it in the scroll behind #1 and never have to touch it again, I'm very happy.

The Martial and Divine passives say "per stack", but the Primal and Arcane don't - which is the correct stacking methodology? And do the passives from each EPL in the same sphere stack, being the same? (Basically what I'm asking is, can we get 1, 3, or 9 stacks of each sphere's passives?)
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Community Member

I don't mind the Karma system theoretically, but really, 6m to ED TR? If it's 6.6m back to cap, do we really need to run in off spheres all the way back to cap? I would think 3m-3.5m would be much more reasonable.

Otherwise you're forcing people to do every Saga off sphere to pick up the Valor and the Karma XP if they want any EPL in an off sphere in an even moderately unreasonable time frame. Even if you played in your main sphere to cap so your forced into Sagas to earn your heart, then went to grab off sphere XP, you're still talking approx. 85 EH VoN3's (if you're scoring the 1-time bonues) to get another 6m XP. What's going to be the point of even having EE as a difficulty if the 6m X 9EPLS X 4 Off Spheres means the odds anyone is in their main destiny at a given time is maybe 1 in 4?

Long live EH! I guess...

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    From what I've heard, they're along the lines of "Martial Destiny Stance" "Primal Destiny Stance" etc. Meaning you can have one from each sphere, as well as your monk elemental stance, as well as Power Attack, as well as your Iconic Stance, as well as your Vigor of Battle, etc.

Similar to having your AA Force Arrows Imbue and Morphic Arrows Secondary Imbue going at the same time. Totally different types of stances from anything we currently have 8-}
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Will you get the active past life stance for free just by doing the epic reincarnation or will it be like the true reincarnation where you have to actually pick it as the feat and just get the passive?

Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

Default Um, please no?

This was definitely part of the consideration. We are curious if some players would prefer a few more active abilities.
    Please, no more click to activate abilities. Toggles are good, or always active, but no more *clickies*. Please? Pretty please?
    Thumbed_Servant (to my cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 20 clr-10 epic/ Muhther 18 clr-2 fav-6 epic/ Sheolah 20 pal-2 epic/ plus many 'casual' toons

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Don't affect other stances. You want now?
    Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    From what I've heard, they're along the lines of "Martial Destiny Stance" "Primal Destiny Stance" etc. Meaning you can have one from each sphere, as well as your monk elemental stance, as well as Power Attack, as well as your Iconic Stance, as well as your Vigor of Battle, etc.

Similar to having your AA Force Arrows Imbue and Morphic Arrows Secondary Imbue going at the same time. Totally different types of stances from anything we currently have 8-}
    That's awesome then. Yes want.

As for picking, yes, the passive one is free, the Stance one costs a feat. Right?
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Will you get the active past life stance for free just by doing the epic reincarnation or will it be like the true reincarnation where you have to actually pick it as the feat and just get the passive?
    The stance toggle is just part of the same auto-granted Feat. You just drag it to a toolbar and enable it like any other stance. Whether it's active or not, you're still getting the passive effect.

So nothing about them requires a feat slot.

The stance toggle is just part of the same auto-granted Feat. You just drag it to a toolbar and enable it like any other stance. Whether it's active or not, you're still getting the passive effect.

So nothing about them requires a feat slot.
    Well THAT's even awesomener! Cool.

Community Member

Still doesn't make up for the fact that you have to earn 6 million exp for a boost that is as small or smaller than any of the heroic PL abilities.

This update is supposed to make people WANT to TR. I can't see it really doing that unless these numbers are significantly boosted.

Active abilities are fine. Clickies that last 6 seconds and have 20 second cool downs are simply annoying.

Personally, I will always choose passive abilities in both the enhancements and EDs before actives, other than a couple really important actives.

My main is a melee bard. Between the songs, the spells, the enhancements, and the EDs, it takes me like 30 seconds to get ready for a fight. It's ridiculous and definitely interferes with immersion. And that's avoiding a great deal of the clickies. My wizard has far less **** to click.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xaenith View Post
    Still doesn't make up for the fact that you have to earn 6 million exp for a boost that is as small or smaller than any of the heroic PL abilities.

This update is supposed to make people WANT to TR. I can't see it really doing that unless these numbers are significantly boosted.
    THe AC in martial is pretty useless. But the doublestrike is nice.

PRR in the divine is nice, especially since many popular melee builds are light in PRR, the boost will actually help.

Primal leaves a bit to be desired, but there's some interesting stuff there.

The arcane is probably the least interesting to me, because its mostly only useful to its own classes (Just like the arcane past lives heroically).

Technically, with these epics and the PDK iconic, one could start with 36 PRR at level 1. Of course, almost no one will grind that much out (But all the builders of uberbuilds will assume it).

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

You can have one toggle active from each sphere, plus one from iconics, so that's an additional 5 toggles active that should stack with everything.
    So only one active iconic toggle at a time?
    Is this verified?

The purple dragon knight wording is interesting.
    Makes me wonder..

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    So only one active iconic toggle at a time?
    Is this verified?

The purple dragon knight wording is interesting.
    Makes me wonder..
    I can't imagine they *wouldn't* disallow more than one. Or to put another way, I can't imagine they would allow more than one.

Martial Stance
    Primal Stance
    Divine Stance
    Arcane Stance
    Iconic Stance

Why would they allow multiple Iconic stances and only one for each EPL stance?
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Epic Reincarnation costs 6 million Karma in one sphere, which is the same as the Karma cap with the launch of U20.

Other Karma is untouched.

gonna chime in and also agree with the crowd, there are too many active clickies going. the enhancement update already increased this number, we don't need more boosting, seems like every time we hop into a fight its just a rush to get all the clickies on board, detracting from the actual gameplay, please focus on passives, thanks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast