Default Make Commendations of Valor BTA!

Perhaps the best feature of using the tokens of the 12 to acquire TR hearts was the fact that you could pick them up on already capped and geared toons and pass them to a toon of your choice. You still spend the additional hours you want players to spend getting the materials for the heart, they just spend them on different toons so they don't have to run it on a toon why can't use all the gear they may have in their bank. Having to beat your head against epic content with a toon you just got to 20 in a life you did just for a past life feat (or on your way to completionist) is not fun. Getting the commendations in order to HR/IR/ER with a capped toon with full gear is going to be a lot more fun (or less painful) than grinding it out on a toon you never intended to play past 20.

I know token turn ins are going to be around FOR A LIMITED TIME after U20 and that commendations are going to be the only currency that will be used to buy hearts in the future. Don't throw away the most convenient feature of the current TR heart. Make Commendations of Valor BTA!
    Member of Over Raided, level 100 Guild on Orien
    DPS: If it's not solving all your problems, you simply aren't using enough of it.

I agree. Make the Commendations of Valor BtA and we will all have less stress over it.

Also, give us the finished system now. Telling us Commendations of Valor will be available from other things Soon(tm) is going to push a lot of people, people like me who don't care for Sagas, away from the game.
    There is no free lunch.

I also would like to see these new coms bta. However, I'm also willing to hear from the devs about why they feel they need to be btc so I can better understand how they are viewing this new system as a whole. Then I can provide detailed feedback to address those precise concerns. It is quite clear that the devs in charge are viewing things quite differently than players are right now. Glin's recent post highlights this disconnect quite well.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

It seems pretty obvious to me why they want them to be BTC. It's so those characters that never intended to play past 20 get their hearts from the DDO store. Basically, it's Turbine correcting the mistake they have been making for a while in making free hearts easier and easier to get, to the point now that players see the purposed new system as an attempt to make them run epic sagas without even considering that they can be had from the store.

Since a Dev stated that they're watching the Lamannia Forums instead of the regular forums here's a thread to look at:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-make-them-BtA

I didn't want to ask for more than one thing in my thread but I think this is a hell of a lot better than just getting them through saga rewards. I would also be in favor of trading tokens of the 12 for commendations of valor.
    Member of Over Raided, level 100 Guild on Orien
    DPS: If it's not solving all your problems, you simply aren't using enough of it.