Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    (snip) they care about what it fun FOR THEM and don't give a crude about anyone else. You are all campaigning to make the game as fun as possible for you no matter the impact it has on anyone else. I would actually enjoy seeing a game designed to be as free-form as possible so everyone can play it in the way they most enjoy, but even the mere suggestion throws people up in arms because people would be having fun and earning experience and items the "wrong" way (since the "right" way for everyone else to earn exp and items is whatever way the person posting thinks is most fun for himself). There is always a certain degree of satisfaction witnessing people get a taste of their own medicine. (snip).
    Removing karma and not requiring people to level off destinies more than once does nothing but open the game up.

People, like me, who never want to play off destinies again, can still do multiple ETRs if we want, but we can level in the destinies we enjoy.

People who still want to switch destinies often or run each destiny with a better paired heroic class can do so. There would be no impediment to that.

I'm not suggesting that people must level the way I want to. I don't think anyone here has. The people lined up against the karma system, in general, have already been there and done that with off destinies and are fighting against forcing people to do that which is unfun. This is the complete opposite of the picture you are trying to paint of them.

BL: removing karma and using level cap as the requirement to ETR will add options for everyone.
    /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    Removing karma and not requiring people to level off destinies more than once does nothing but open the game up.
    And so do leveling up to 20, and then choosing any class past life you want. Why not run the same sorcerer 20 build to cap and pick all wizard and fvs past lifes from it I want? It makes me play only with the build I find fun.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    All past lives kick in at level 1, including Heroic, Epic, and Iconic.
    So the plan is to allow level 1 characters to start with +30 AC, +20 PRR, etc?

Somehow that seems..
    ..off.

And definitely not personally enjoyable, it'd devolve to endless favor/xp farms, with no challenge or thought required.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagolar View Post
    So the plan is to allow level 1 characters to start with +30 AC, +20 PRR, etc?

Somehow that seems..
    ..off.

And definitely not personally enjoyable, it'd devolve to endless favor/xp farms, with no challenge or thought required.
    If somebody wants to do a couple dozen or so ETRs to have teh uberest level 1 toon ever, let 'em.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    And so do leveling up to 20, and then choosing any class past life you want. Why not run the same sorcerer 20 build to cap and pick all wizard and fvs past lifes from it I want? It makes me play only with the build I find fun.
    I did say you have to have a capped destiny in the appropriate sphere.... So quote all of what I'm saying not just a piece out of context.
    /sigh

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Definitely unimpressed by what is offered for Epic Past Life.

I didn't really intend to ETR, but with these weaksauce EPL, it's not even worth considering.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Thumbs down Lesser Reincarnation +20 FAIL

Hi, I just used my lesser+20 reincarnation heart, given by 19th update. Now I'm in Marketplace, at 1st lvl, withouth xp. I just spoke with the Captain on the ship. I was 22, 13rog/7monk 2 epic. Please help! Thanks.

P.s.: sorry if OT

Don't think this was posted anywhere yet:

Quote Originally Posted by Twitter
    Erik DDO ft ProdGlin ?@producerglin 25 Oct A little play test in Lamannia: Today I did an HTR w/a Female halforc, into a Male Shadar-kai. #genderbender
    And

Quote Originally Posted by Twitter
    Erik DDO ft ProdGlin ?@producerglin 25 Oct

@katzklaw oh, that was not for iconics. That was part of true reincarnation! #Featurebonus

Angry

Revamping the TR system is the worst idea the DDO GMs have come up with yet. I've spoken in game to over a hundred people that are VIP that will cancel VIP and leave DDO never to return if this happens and I'm thinking about joining them. I have 13 characters and in over 3 years have only been able to TR 3 of them. This change (especially if the Tokens go away) will prevent me from ever being able to TR more than 1 character if i'm lucky enough to be able to do that even. There have been so many changes without fixing the existing bugs in the game that I have been virtually left standing still, along with a few hundred others who simply can't spend our entire lives playing. I work 50+ hours a week, have martial arts, and a family to take care of. why punish hundreds of paying customers because of a couple hundred TR demons that have that time to kill. i could care less if they all get to be completionists and i don't. I do care about being blown out of the water by the freaking programmers who have no concern for those of us who just want the bugs fixed and like the game the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarolex View Post
    Revamping the TR system is the worst idea the DDO GMs have come up with yet. I've spoken in game to over a hundred people that are VIP that will cancel VIP and leave DDO never to return if this happens and I'm thinking about joining them. I have 13 characters and in over 3 years have only been able to TR 3 of them. This change (especially if the Tokens go away) will prevent me from ever being able to TR more than 1 character if i'm lucky enough to be able to do that even. There have been so many changes without fixing the existing bugs in the game that I have been virtually left standing still, along with a few hundred others who simply can't spend our entire lives playing. I work 50+ hours a week, have martial arts, and a family to take care of. why punish hundreds of paying customers because of a couple hundred TR demons that have that time to kill. i could care less if they all get to be completionists and i don't. I do care about being blown out of the water by the freaking programmers who have no concern for those of us who just want the bugs fixed and like the game the way it is.
    watch the recent DDOcast.

Community Member

Default Design Flaw (and solutions) in Epic TR System

Many players max out the current content for ED and gear quickly. The TR system keeps many players playing DDO (I am on life #24). I will choose to Epic TR in off ED. That's the type of player I am (so don't tell me not to). I want that PRR but you are going to make me HATE DDO. The people supporting DDO (through reincarnation, xp pots, ottos boxes, etc) will disappear in large numbers, because this is just not fun. The danger with the proposed system (well stated by players) is that players will be stuck running easier content in off-ED, causing boredom and loss of interest.

2 POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS:

1. Epic TR abilities could be tied to the specific ED that you have active.

If I Epic TR from the Martial Sphere, I could choose a Shadowdancer past life that would give me some ability (say +1d6 SA dmg and +1 to assassinate DC) only while my active ED is in the Martial Sphere. This would also apply to a twisted ability from any other sphere, if this twist gave SA dmg or bonus to assassinate DC. With this method, I am only getting karma in abilities that are useful to my build. If I want to twist in some PRR, I might just reincarnate that off-class ED to get an extra 3 PRR with my twist. This would work for the vast majority of your players. Please keep Epic Completionist because the grinders need something to do.

2. Allow players to get abilities outside of their current sphere but at increased cost.

Players may spend 2x the karma to epic reincarnate outside of the sphere in which they earned the karma. (like cross-class skill points). Now I can play my toon the way I want and gain Epic Past Life ED (albeit at a cost). In effect, you could transfer karma from one sphere to another with a loss of 50% of the karma. This would allow you to build the proper karma for an epic TR. With 2 above, I can play my optimized toon and run epic elites (maybe with twice the rate of XP), and still level my (off-ED) karma at a similar rate. Now ddo is fun again!

Heroic (and Iconic) reincarnation would still be encouraged because I can get my epic TR's at 2x the rate (by developing in-sphere karma).
    Last edited by nokowi; 10-28-2013 at 02:23 AM.

Turbine, what is your intention to create the ETR? To keep us longer in epics? So, you need to make the run *enjoyable*. Play in off destinies is not fun. If it's not fun, many people will not ETR, or will leave the game for simple boredom.

You have to keep in mind your goals, turbine. And if what you want is to retain players, you have to entice them with something more than numbers. You have to entice them with fun, or the grind will not worth it.

I personally can not stand a lot in epic levels. EE is not fun for me (stupid amounts of HPs and insane STs is not my idea of fun) Once I have done all the quests in EH, some occasional in EE, and several raids, I start to get bored. There is not enough content to keep me interested in epics long time.

Do you want that I stay longer in epics? Then, give me three things
    - More epic quests. There are few, in heroics there are a lot more. The quests should be more varied. The epic design is very monotonous.
    - Raids need be more vibrant. Turbine, you should improve raid loot to resurrect old raids... a lot of old raids are almost dead!! Give us new raids, too.
    - And do my run in epics funny and enjoyable. Play in off destinies is not funny. So, the ETR does not help me, thanks. And try to change the design of EE. EE is stupid!

I don’t think that we need run in all destinies more than one time. After all, is no sense that wizards can use Fury of the wild, or that the barbarians can play in Magister. That really makes no sense, lore-wise. So, since it is implemented that all classes can use all destinies, the karma should be global for ALL destinies. Let us play in the destinies that we want. The absurd design, speaking from the point of view of background, is epic destinies detached themselves from the original classes. But if all destinies are for all classes, then the karma should be global. The ETR should require enough epic xp for cap, enough global karma and one capped destiny from the sphere. If the people want destiny points, they can run in off destinies for more points. If not, let us enjoy the game.

Remember, turbine. This is a game, not a job. Make the game fun, or will not be worth playing.

I know my English is terrible. I feel the mistakes, and I hope my words are understood.
    Last edited by Iriale; 10-28-2013 at 06:54 AM.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Default Life Shaper taking a Breather?

Is the Life Shaper taking a break? logged on today to try again on a few things and saw the shaper was not working but can not find anything about it on forums
    Don't be fooled life is a game and there is no cheat codes or glitches just really mad devs getting even with us all

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    Because no one argues that heroic reincarnation forces you to spend your entire level experience in the wrong enhancement. Turbine created an awful design by linking fate points to destiny leveling and it forces people to spend lots of time off destiny leveling. This new karma system does the same. There would be no argument from anyone if all destinies worked for all classes, but they don't. So forcing people to suffer subpar and often useless destinies is an awful design to begin with.

Same thing with cross sphere leveling - by NOT linking the arcane to the divine and the primal it forces people to leveling very far to get simple tier 1 features. It's idiotic to put it mildly. There should be a link from the arcane to both the primal and the divine, cutting down on the nonsense. That would at least make the idea of first heroic reincarnate to a different class to later on leveling in a destiny somewhat possible without first either doing the same through each destiny until you get to the one you want or off destiny level across the map.

This is poor design meant to entice people to buy themselves to where they want instead of wanting to level yourself there.

Turbine created this mess, and by making karma in a sphere the way to do it they're burning player out to the prospect of even wanting to. I just more or less got done with one toon as far as destiny leveling. And each time I start I get more and more bored of the prospect. I keep trying to rotate between toons to get something done and I do so during Xp weekends but otherwise I just get less and less desire to log on. It's just not fun. The system is terrible and what they propose worse.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by AmiSouthpaw View Post
    Is the Life Shaper taking a break? logged on today to try again on a few things and saw the shaper was not working but can not find anything about it on forums
    There's one in the Hall of Hero's (which didn't work for me) and one in the test dojo (which did).

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    I think we should also take into consideration that the grind will be worse when the level cap gets to 30. Will they increase the amount of karma needed?
    There's no plan to increase Karma costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    Well until you guys fix the "heart issue" I won't be epic reincarnating. 300+ quests runs for a single heart is just stupid.
    That was never the plan. We're changing what plan there was. Announcements... soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    Please leave a legacy of enjoyment - and, if you can, create unbelievably, impossible to put down, addictive enjoyment. Take me to another reality.
    Thanks to everyone for the continued feedback.

Community Member

Wouldn't it make more sense to be hailed by an Elminster wearing a ninja oufit? then all "silly" errand missions would make much more sense.

aaahh.. of course -- the most powerfull wizard in the realm can't save the village at the moment; he is leveling up Grandmaster of the flowers.

Community Member

Levelling to 28 is enough grind. You don't need to add a Commendation of Valour grind as well.
    Level 30 will be worse - continuing the pattern would have it over nine million XP. Epic Hearts could be free and there still wouldn't be that many people doing them.

Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by LavidDynch View Post
    Wouldn't it make more sense to be hailed by an Elminster wearing a ninja oufit? then all "silly" errand missions would make much more sense.

aaahh.. of course -- the most powerfull wizard in the realm can't save the village at the moment; he is leveling up Grandmaster of the flowers.
    That explains everything !
    Last edited by Ovrad; 10-29-2013 at 02:24 AM.
    We want more Monster Manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by LavidDynch View Post

One of the books (I think Elminsters Daughter) explains why Elminster tends to use proxy's to do his work for him instead of doing everything himself.

Long Story Short: While he may be one of the most powerful wizards in the realms, pretty much anything he does is under a lot of scrutiny from his enemies who will take any opportunity to thwart him, so by getting adventurers to do the work for him, he's left free to counter his enemies.

Basically despite how powerful he is, he has too many equally powerful enemies to be able to get much done himself anymore, he's also retired.

I believe there's also mention in 'The Battle For Eveningstar' that Elminster draws off the main battle-force to distract them and let you break the siege. (which from the Drow perspective is a case of 'Elminsters up to something, let's go stop him!')

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast