Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    So we WILL need to run in useless ED to earn karma for EPLs?
    Only if you want that specific past life.

You know, just like all those bard lifes you do for their past life.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member

Default A TR test please, I am at work

Has anyone tested this yet?

I want to TR into the Bladeforged. Will i get the new Bladeforged Cosmetic Armors from preordering on this character?

Not sure if this question has been answered yet. The thread is growing fast.

Say I currently have all my destinies capped. I'm assuming I have 6 million Karma in each sphere to start with then? So if I epic TR, gaining a martial past life in the process, I still have 6 million Karma in each of Divine, Primal and Arcane? So I could level up to 28 in Legendary Dreadnaught, refilling my Karma xp for martial, then choose to TR arcane, resetting the Arcane sphere Karma to 0?

This is my understanding of how it functions. Any banked Karma in a sphere you don't TR with carries over can be used on your next TR. Just want to make sure I'm straight on this functionality.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    In other ways, it's more of a currency (and we could potentially maybe have some long reaching plans that may or may not end up using Karma as something you spend /futurefuturehintsthatmightnevercometopass).
    So... Epic Completionist Past Life? Bought with 6mil karma in all 4 spheres?
    We want more Monster Manuals.

Setting my genitals on fire is preferable to running up most ETRs.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Setting my genitals on fire is preferable to running up most ETRs.
    I preferred the "junk in a beehive" analogy, but that's the grognard in me I suppose.

I can see doing this in some cases, but generally speaking maybe not so much. They would need a lot more content, and it would need to be as much fun as the lower level quests.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    I preferred the "junk in a beehive" analogy, but that's the grognard in me I suppose.

I can see doing this in some cases, but generally speaking maybe not so much. They would need a lot more content, and it would need to be as much fun as the lower level quests.
    There is also challenges that they could increase to 30 (cannith that is) and increase the xp appropriately while implementing the same xp decay system currently in effect for quests if they want to stop people just farming easy challenges.

Hell, why not have challenge sagas

The devs hate EE. They ran most of the old epic players off. I put a Hax on em. They want us to run a fighters as something they are not and our sorcs as something they are not.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

On first impression, this looks quite good.

I'll qualify that with - It's been a long day for me, and I'm tired.
    There is no free lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Iconic True Reincarnation:
    • Iconic True Reincarnation is only available for characters currently on an Iconic life.
    • You must be at the level cap (currently 28, eventually 30) to Iconic True Reincarnate.
    • Grants +2 build points up to 36.
    • You gain an Iconic Past Life Feat.
      • This stacks up to 3 times.
    • You gain a Class-based passive Heroic Past Life Feat.
      • This stacks up to 3 times.
    • You gain access to a Class-based active Heroic Past Life Feat.
      • This requires using a Feat slot.
    • You lose all quest progress, including Favor, Raid completions, and Quest completions.
    • You do not lose Epic Destiny experience.
    • When generating your new character, you can choose between any classes or Iconics available to you.
      • If you choose a Non-Iconic Class, you will start at level 1.
      • If you choose an Iconic, you will start at level 15.
    Please add information about the iconic toggles to this.
    It is missing.
    Can we have more than one iconic toggle active at a times?
    After all there may become 13+ iconics after awhile?

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    karma capped at 6 million each sphere...

but what about those that have capped every destiny in a sphere prior to U20 hitting live? will they loose all that karma?
    As I read it, yes you will lose it. You are actually better off having only one destiny in each sphere capped. You get 6mil karma in each sphere that way. Same as if you have all the destinies capped.

I much preferred the concept where you can get a past life in any capped destiny and you just lose epic xp. You still have to re level the 6.6mil xp, but what destiny you do it doesn't matter (because you have them all capped already.) If you don't have the destiny capped, then you have to run in that destiny (but only once ever).
    /sigh

Here's what we forgot to say this time around and should probably put somewhere more prominent:

Every four Epic Past Lives earns you one additional Fate Point.

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    but what about those that have capped every destiny in a sphere prior to U20 hitting live? will they loose all that karma?
    You can't gain Karma if you the Karma is capped, if that's what you are asking.

You don't lose Karma in general, including during Reincarnation, except for the specific cost to earn a specific past life.

Here's what we forgot to say this time around and should probably put somewhere more prominent:

Every four Epic Past Lives earns you one additional Fate Point.

You can't gain Karma if you the Karma is capped, if that's what you are asking.

You don't lose Karma in general, including during Reincarnation, except for the specific cost to earn a specific past life.
    its for those who are doing epic completionist (triple) - and you answered it - even after all destinies are capped - they keep earning karma (until capped).

Community Member

Return of cheesy delete joke.

Now that's out of the way, I do have a question; I apologize if I simply have not been good at my reading skills and missed it somewhere. If a character uses the stone from Epic Otto's Box to gain 2 million epic exp, will it also give them 2 million karma? And, if so, if someone uses pots or other exp boosters, will it similarly boost how much karma they receive?
    Anything can be explained by drunken wizards.

"Hey! I got a piece of the +1 Butter Knife of Victory! Ah-oh, wait, wait. It's just a crummy, normal +1 dagger of ghostbane..."

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Thanks for the explanations and the Screenies Squeak...
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by niehues View Post
    Yep.. also the "click on the big arrow" then click on the small arrows... I would recomend use the same position for all arrows.. it may be hard but the whole UI could go trough a facelift and get some common ergonomic adjusts.. (that arrow is one of them..)

If u check operational systems they tent to have a good template of what ppl are used to and what makes more sense on the moving the mouse around..

putting that huge ugly arrow that not always makes it easy to plays to see but perhaps put the right size arrow on the right place would..

anyways I glad to see some mods to the UI.. keep up the good work..
    One thing about having the arrows in different positions, it makes it SO much less likely that you'll pick the wrong thing simply because you clicked the wrong one, then clicked the arrow and then, because of a finger twitch, immediately clicked the next arrow. Or, because of lag it doesn't look like you clicked the first arrow, so you clicked it again and the game reads both clicks and immediately goes on.

Of course, you've still got to type your name in and if you don't look to make sure that you're doing the right thing it's your own dang fool fault, at least having the arrows in different places will prevent one of those situations followed by "I DID THE WRONG THING, GIMME 89 KAJILLION XP AND A NEW PET!" forum posts...

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Oh I missed that.

I think cap should be higher.
    OK, the cap is 89 kajillion (...I like that number, sue me...). However, when you ETR, you lose *all* the karma in that sphere, kinda like when you HTR you lose *all* the XP, regardless of if you've just hit 20 on your first life or you've hit L28 on your third life.

So where does a higher cap get you?
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalnarac View Post
    Has anyone tested this yet?

I want to TR into the Bladeforged. Will i get the new Bladeforged Cosmetic Armors from preordering on this character?
    Provided you have Bladeforged as a class, then yes, you will get the Cosmetic Armor when you make your new character (and the set of gear when you take lvl 15)

Default Question

If I epic reincarnate my iconic, will I then have to relevel to the cap to true reincarnate into another life?

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    I'll edit the above post to clarify this.

Also, if you do lose Epic Destiny XP during Reincarnation, please bug it!
    Please note the following in bug reports for Reincarnation:
    • The kind of Reincarnation (Heroic True Reincarnation, Iconic True Reincarnation, Epic Reincarnation, or Iconic Reincarnation)
    • How many times has this character Reincarnated?
    • What kinds of Reincarnation has this character already gone through?
    • Is the character an Iconic?
    I did a iconic reinc first (into a purple knight from my human fighter), then hit 28 and did a heroic true to a human fighter again. I never got anything for the iconic - seems like a for sure way of wasting a reincarnation. Shouldn't a heroic true at least give you the past life for the iconic AND the class past life?

Epic Reincarnation requires spending 6 million Karma, which is also the Karma cap for each sphere. (These could change in the future, but this is the current intention for launch with U20.)

Note: This is slightly more than 3 Epic Destinies.

Note: This is a bit less than the amount of XP gained from level 20->28.

Note: If you have any destiny XP capped when U20 launches, the corresponding Sphere will be be set to 6 million Karma. This is on the theory that after capping out that destiny you could have continued playing in that destiny while potentially earning Karma.

Yes.
    There's just no way I can see myself spending any money being forced to gimp my effort running EN quest ad naseum because I need to gain 6 mill XP in a off destiny sphere with destinies with little or no synergy with my class.

I'd love to challenge myself. This is about as terrible as you could ever design something in order to hamster wheel towards the karma goal. Most people reincarnate as efficiently as possible. That is to maintain streaks, get as most xp as possible out of the most xp per minute quests. This entire system guarantee that if you don't have synergy with that destiny you'll force yourself into running scores more low challenge quests over and over - more so then you ever suffered leveling a off destiny.

I can guarantee that you won't see the return on your design money as you have done with the Heroic reincarnation. I certainly won't be running a XP pot or buy any other resources in order to slow drip myself through easy content in double the time then others do their ER.

Personally I have not the foggiest idea why anyone would tie a time scale like karma points to something that guarantee you have to spend a lot more time doing it with less challenge and fun.

If that was the case you might as well require twice the amount of karma if you say have gained karma in A sphere but want to reincarnate in B sphere. I mean timewise you're looking about the same time, but at least by doing that you can guarantee that the player had some fun doing it.

Just untie karma from specific sphere. It's a stupid feature that guarantees complete burn out.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast