Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
    So, how about making it so that Iconic Reincarnation does not reset Kama xp.

This way, we can alternate between Iconic Reincarnation and Epic reincarnation and have some flexibility in which sphere we have to play in.
    That's the plan. You should be able to see this on Lamannia if you play a LOT.

More explicitly, Karma doesn't reset. Ever. You have to spend it to perform Epic Reincarnation, but otherwise it only goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    That means that no matter what we'd be able to ER once we hit 28 as long as we played in the same destiny sphere?
    Yes. That is part of the math. In fact, a character could (carefully) cap out Magister, Fatesinger, and Draconic Incarnation just about in time to perform an Arcane Epic Reincarnation.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    Ah, so what you're saying is that your Karma of each spear is track as separate numbers?

For example, you go into Dragonic Incarnate and gain 30 000XP. You now have 30 000 Karma XP for Arcane.

You then go Magister and gain 25 000. You now have 55 000 (30 000 + 25 000) Arcane Karma XP for arcane.

Is this correct? Just want to confirm and maybe clear up any confusion.
    Yes you are correct.

Xp per ED is individual. XP/Karma per sphere is cumulative.

So we WILL need to run in useless ED to earn karma for EPLs?

Am I understanding this right?

Default Q. about Karma reset

Need clarification.

When does Karma XP for a given sphere reset?

Does all Karma XP for all sphere reset when you

do a Heroic TR?
    do a Iconic TR?
    do a Epic TR?

or does Epic TR just reset Karma XP for the sphere you just bought an epic pastlife in,
    ie if you purchased martial pastlife feat, then Karma XP resets for martial sphere but all other spheres retain the Karma XP earned when you restart at level 20....???

edit: looks like it was answered by Vargouille few posts above.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    Ah, so what you're saying is that your Karma of each spear is track as separate numbers?

For example, you go into Dragonic Incarnate and gain 30 000XP. You now have 30 000 Karma XP for Arcane.

You then go Magister and gain 25 000. You now have 55 000 (30 000 + 25 000) Arcane Karma XP for arcane.

Is this correct? Just want to confirm and maybe clear up any confusion.
    Essentially, yes.

While playing at level 20+, you can earn XP in any or all of these tracks simultaneously:

Epic Class Level (level 20-28, essentially)

Any one of these can be capped while still earning in any of the others. It just so happens that there are multiple Karma and ED tracks, and which one you earn XP in is determined by your active Epic Destiny in each case.

It's not so very far off to think of Karma as another form of XP in some ways, but it's acts differently enough that we made an explicit choice to not call it XP. In other ways, it's more of a currency (and we could potentially maybe have some long reaching plans that may or may not end up using Karma as something you spend /futurefuturehintsthatmightnevercometopass).

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post

Yes. That is what I am trying to debate against.

They wanted to get rid of the XP grind of ID, Von3 etc, but being in off destinies people are going to do this, not run EE What Goes Up,

Community Member

I really don't see how anyone can argue that you should be able to get a sphere past life WITHOUT running in that sphere. You CHOOSE to run in an off destiny to get the past life if you are not willing to TR and run it in a associated class.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Your not understanding, if I am a fighter who ER's at level 28, I am still going to be a fighter, so I can't play as a cleric. I don't have the heroic enhancements to play a cleric. I will be a fighter in a Divine ED sphere. That's not "playing one" as you say. I won't have cures or heals or DW spells. Nothing other than the ED sphere about my character is divine.

People constantly moan about people running in their groups in off destinies. This will immensely compound this issue.
    I do understand that, but I do not see that as a real problem.

Off course its an easier choice for people who have not yet finished their completionist - they can adjust their plans and take the divine EPLs when they run a Pally, Cleric, FvS or a Druid or something instead of having to do it when they finish and are already in their final life where they have been working towards for ages of gametime.

But its still your choice to run in one of the divine EDs on your fighter. Its not required to get those EPLs if you do not feel they benefit you.

Or alternatively one can use (1 or more) LR+X or even a TR to change the class for running those EDs and change back again afterwards. Make a build where you have a melee focussed FvS or Cleric or even a Paladin to make better use of the divine ED. Or making some kind of monk/EK build for the arcane destinies if you want those as well. I fully understand that it is not the kind of character you prefer playing, but really, if you do not enjoy doing the divine EDs, then just don't!

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    I really don't see how anyone can argue that you should be able to get a sphere past life WITHOUT running in that sphere. You CHOOSE to run in an off destiny to get the past life if you are not willing to TR and run it in a associated class.
    Once you have completely leveled each and every ED, the only thing being out of your main ED does is handicap you. It's a artificial wall of difficulty. If level 28 content is balanced against you being in a proper ED with the proper skills and abilities and you are forced away from those, then the content and player are unbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Yes. That is part of the math. In fact, a character could (carefully) cap out Magister, Fatesinger, and Draconic Incarnation just about in time to perform an Arcane Epic Reincarnation.
    Which brings up a side question - are there any plans at all for a third Divine Epic Destiny in the foreseeable future? Currently, Divine is the only Sphere that you can't do this with.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    I can't come up with an argument either, except for it being a big crappy bucket of unfun that I won't bother doing.

Bored now devs, I've completely lost interest in this. Stop wasting time breaking systems and give me some more quests.

That's the plan. You should be able to see this on Lamannia if you play a LOT.

More explicitly, Karma doesn't reset. Ever. You have to spend it to perform Epic Reincarnation, but otherwise it only goes up.

But what do you do next life? You already have all three destinies capped, but you have to re-earn karma in them again?

I thought you guys had talked about basing the ability to get epic past lives on capped destinies. i.e. once it is capped you can epic tr off of it multiple times (still leveling from 20-cap of course) while not requiring that destiny to be played again. Why the change?
    /sigh

Karma caps at 6 million.
    Level 28 is 6.6 million.
    What happens when the level cap is raised to 30? Will Karma be bankable across lives? Will the requirements for the EPL go up to match?

The way I read it, you don't have to. If, for example, you have a fighter who wants a martial EPL, then you are free to earn all your 6 million karma from running in LD. If you want an arcane EPL however, you might be hard pressed but that is logical to me.

I can't come up with an argument either, except for it being a big crappy bucket of unfun that I won't bother doing.

Bored now devs, I've completely lost interest in this. Stop wasting time breaking systems and give me some more quests.
    hear hear!

Quote Originally Posted by teh_troll View Post
    i can't come up with an argument either, except for it being a big crappy bucket of unfun that i won't bother doing.

Bored now devs, i've completely lost interest in this. Stop wasting time breaking systems and give me some more quests.
    qtf

2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar

All past lives kick in at level 1, including Heroic, Epic, and Iconic.

Our intent for launch of U20 is that the Karma Cap for each sphere is 6 million.

All of your spheres would be capped at 6 million Karma, including Divine, because you have at least one Divine Epic Destiny completely capped out on XP (not just level 5).

You cannot gain more than 6 million Karma.

(Of course, you couldn't really have 8 million Martial as far as I can tell, either.)

I stand corrected!

There's been some thought, yes, but that's quite unlikely to happen for U20.
    karma capped at 6 million each sphere...

but what about those that have capped every destiny in a sphere prior to U20 hitting live? will they loose all that karma?

2014 DDO Players Council

We didn't want to go as far as simply saying reincarnate and get anything from a large list of possible past lives, and what you played to earn it was irrelevant. For comparison, that would be similar to taking the Heroic Past Life feats and allowing choice of any of them regardless of what class(es) you played.
    I think the system is fairly elegant.

But I won't be using it, because the past lives are junk.

This seems surprisingly reasonable.

Looks like the optimal way to totally complete this will be like this:

- Start out as a caster type.
    - Punch out Fatesinger, DI and Magister en route to 28. Stay in whichever of DI and Magister helps you more after all three are capped.
    - ER to 20. Level back to 28 staying permanently in DI or Magister as appropriate to your build.
    - Repeat that last step as often as desired for the Arcane EPLs.
    - Use the extra 600k XP each life that isn't needed for Karma to unlock a path to the Primal tree (Shadowdancer 3, LD 4)
    - Once you have all desired arcane EPLs, ER to 20, then relevel in Shiradi as a caster. Fill out the other Primal EDs as you are doing so.
    - ER to 20, level back to 28 purely in Shiradi, repeat if desired.
    - TR or IR into a ranged-capable melee build.
    - Punch out Shadowdancer, GMoF and LD. GMoF and SD might be somewhat miserable if it doesn't fit your build but LD is going to be good for any melee.
    - ER to 20, level back to 28 as an LD.
    - Repeat that last step as desired
    - Finally, TR or IR into a character that wants to use Exalted Angel and/or Unyielding Sentinel, and punch out those lives.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicRelief View Post
    Note that the buttons are not arranged alphabetically, nor are they arranged by "level" (not sure how else to describe it) but 'randomly', nor are the TR buttons grouped. {Am I the only one who hates random (unsorted) lists?} I suggest the following arrangement:

LR (followed by a little gap)
    HTR
    ITR (followed by a little gap)
    ER

I totally agree that the order should be a adapted. Also some text is difficult to read with a dark golden script on light background.

However my biggest issue was that I skipped over this long text on the second page and then wondered on the third page that it tell me that I not have the correct heart.

So same with the order actually also goes in which order the errors are displayed, as the heart is checked first and at least again should hint to place it on the previous page.
    As I totally missed to place it in the small spot at the bottom.

Anyway, playing around with the reincarnation I noticed we not need to clean-up the reincarnation cache anymore, which I hope is not a bug as it is very nice and a very welcome change!
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast