Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default Reincarnation Information:

Below is the basic information on Reincarnation. You can also find this information in the Release Notes.

Please keep in mind that Reincarnation is a very complicated system and errors will likely occur. If you run into any bugs, please bug it!

Heroic True Reincarnation:
    • Heroic True Reincarnation remains primarily unchanged.
    • Heroic True Reincarnation is not available for characters currently on an Iconic life.
    • You must be at least level 20 to Heroic True Reincarnate.
    • Grants +2 build points up to 36.
    • You gain a Class-based passive Heroic Past Life Feat.
      • This stacks up to 3 times.
    • You gain access to a Class-based active Heroic Past Life Feat.
      • This requires using a Feat slot.
    • You lose all quest progress, including Favor, Raid completions, and Quest completions.
    • You do not lose Epic Destiny experience.
    • When generating your new character, you can choose between any classes or Iconics available to you.
      • If you choose a Non-Iconic Class, you will start at level 1.
      • If you choose an Iconic, you will start at level 15.

Iconic True Reincarnation:
    • Iconic True Reincarnation is only available for characters currently on an Iconic life.
    • You must be at the level cap (currently 28, eventually 30) to Iconic True Reincarnate.
    • You gain an Iconic Past Life Feat.
    • You lose all quest progress, including Favor, Raid completions, and Quest completions.
    • When generating your new character, you can choose between any classes or Iconics available to you.

Epic Reincarnation:
    • Epic Reincarnation is available to both Iconic and Non-Iconic characters.
    • You must be at the level cap (currently 28, eventually 30) to Epic Reincarnate.
    • You must have enough Karma in one Epic Destiny Sphere to spend on your Epic Reincarnation.
      • You gain Karma for an Epic Destiny Sphere (Arcane, Divine, Martial, or Primal) when you gain experience and have any Epic Destiny from that Sphere active.
        • You can view your Karma by toggling to the Map View in the Epic Destinies UI.
      • You will not lose Karma from other, unselected, Epic Destiny Spheres.
      • To introduce Karma, your existing Epic Destiny experience is applied to Karma for each Sphere. This will only apply when logging in to U20 for the first time.
        • For example: If you have 1 million XP in Exalted Angel and 2 million XP in Unyielding Sentinel, your Divine Karma would be 3 million.
        • If you have any Epic Destinies with max experience, the corresponding Karma will also be maxed.
    • You retain your Epic Destiny progress.
    • You gain an Epic Past Life Feat.
      • The Karma you spend will determine which Epic Past Life Feats are available for you to choose from.
        • For example: Spending Arcane Karma allows you to select an Arcane Epic Past Life Feat.
    • You do not lose quest progress, including Favor, Raid completions, and Quest completions.
    • After Epic Reincarnating, you return to Level 20
      • You retain your Race and Class Levels.
      • You will spend a few minutes in Character Generation and then talk to the Life-Shaper on the Bridge Between – much like a Lesser +0 Reincarnation.

Lesser Reincarnation:
    • Lesser Reincarnation remains primarily unchanged.
    • Lesser Reincarnation is available to both Iconic and Non-Iconic characters.
    • You can Lesser Reincarnate at any level.
    • The functionality of Greater Reincarnation has been incorporated into Lesser Reincarnation.
    • You do not lose quest progress, including Favor, Raid completions, and Quest completions.
    Last edited by SqueakofDoom; 10-25-2013 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Adding clarification to yellow Karma note
    Surveys are AWESOME!
    Bug Things! We like bugs! ... well not really, bugs are bad, but we like to know about them!
    Copy your Character or make a new one using the handy tools available in the Test Dojo.

Default New Reincarnation UI

Reincarnation is seeing many changes, including a new UI. When you speak with the Life-Shaper, the below UI will appear:

After selecting the type of Reincarnation you would like to investigate, you will be brought to a page that gives more information on that form of Reincarnation. NOTE the box near the bottom of the Reincarnation UI: Drag the proper Heart of Wood from your inventory to this box. Also note that you do not need to have a Heart of Wood to view the next page (which has more information available).

The next page lists the Requirements and Rewards for the selected kind of Reincarnation. Any requirement that is not met is highlighted in red. If you meet all of the requirements (including placing the proper Heart of Wood in the box in the previous page), you can continue to the confirmation page.

The final page confirms your previous choices. As with previous Reincarnation, you have to type in your character name and click on “Confirm” to continue with the process. Once you have confirmed your Reincarnation choice, you can log out to Character Select to recreate your character.

While Heroic TR, Iconic TR, and Lesser Reincarnation follow the above process, Epic Reincarnation has an added step. After selecting Epic Reincarnation on the first page, the next page provides more information for Epic Reincarnation. NOTE the “Select Sphere” drop-down menu near the top of this page. You must select a Sphere to continue.

Selecting a Sphere will bring up the Epic Past Life Feats available for that Sphere. If you would like to view the Epic Past Life Feats for the other Spheres, you can click on the drop-down menu again to change your selection. Remember that your Sphere choice also determines which Sphere’s Karma will be spent.
    Last edited by SqueakofDoom; 10-31-2013 at 04:07 PM.
    Surveys are AWESOME!
    Bug Things! We like bugs! ... well not really, bugs are bad, but we like to know about them!
    Copy your Character or make a new one using the handy tools available in the Test Dojo.

Community Member

It isn't clear. You lose ED experience if you do a standard heroic TR?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrag View Post
    It isn't clear. You lose ED experience if you do a standard heroic TR?
    No.

You cannot lose Epic Destiny XP, however hard you try. (This is different from Karma.)

I'll edit the above post to clarify this.

Also, if you do lose Epic Destiny XP during Reincarnation, please bug it!
    Please note the following in bug reports for Reincarnation:
    • The kind of Reincarnation (Heroic True Reincarnation, Iconic True Reincarnation, Epic Reincarnation, or Iconic Reincarnation)
    • How many times has this character Reincarnated?
    • What kinds of Reincarnation has this character already gone through?
    • Is the character an Iconic?
    Last edited by SqueakofDoom; 10-24-2013 at 02:35 PM.
    Surveys are AWESOME!

Hero

Is it just me? I can't find anywhere that says how much karma you need to actually ER a sphere. (all my toons have maxxed ED's)

It would be useful to know for possible future Epic Lives for me.

is it the cap of 6million or less than that required?
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 10-24-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    No.

You cannot lose Epic Destiny XP, however hard you try. (This is different from Karma.)
    Yay! So I can keep working away at my destiny before I tr.

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    So
    Healing Power:
    Active +10 Positive Energy per stack of the past life
    Passive +3 PRR per stack of the past life

Brace:
    Active +1 to all saves per stack of the past life
    Passive: +3 PRR Per stack of the past life

Block Energy:
    Active +10% elemental energy Absorbtion while blocking, per stack of the past life
    Passive: +3 PRR Per stack of the past life

So if I were to have Healing Power x3, Brace x3 and Block Energy x3 I could choose one of the three active benefits:
    +30 Positive Spell power
    +3 to all saves
    +30% Energy Absorbtion while blocking

And I would automatically have 3x3x3 = 27 PRR

Is that correct?

Thumbs up

The UI could use some work. It has an alpha look to it and descriptions run off the boxes. Otherwise a step in the right direction.

Community Member

Default Reincarnation

Thank you SqueakofDoom lots of Squeak not much doom. Really looking forward to this and again thanks.

now if we can only streamline and improve the TR cache. :P

looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    now if we can only streamline and improve the TR cache. :P
    I think the verb you are looking for is "sort"
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Do we know the Iconic past life benefits yet? I keep searching for them but can't find them anywhere.

Hero

So I'd like to make a suggestion regarding Karma and gaining Karma in off destinies:

As it stand right now, as I understand it, you need 6 million Karma per sphere to ER. And if your main destiny is in another sphere, your going to have to earn that in a off destiny. That's 54 million XP for 3x PL's in one sphere. That's astronomical. Running in an off an off destiny. That's just not pain, it's torture.

How about if we have all of our ED's completely maxxed XP-wise we are allowed to choose a sphere to gain karma in while being able to stay in our main destiny - even if it's in another sphere. When you compare the strength of the ER past lives in their current iterations I think this is only fair.

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post

Heroic True Reincarnation:
    • Heroic True Reincarnation remains primarily unchanged.
    • Heroic True Reincarnation is not available for characters currently on an Iconic life.
    • You must be at least level 20 to Heroic True Reincarnate.

Iconic True Reincarnation:
    • Iconic True Reincarnation is only available for characters currently on an Iconic life.
    • You must be at the level cap (currently 28, eventually 30) to Iconic True Reincarnate.
    • You gain an Iconic Past Life Feat.

Epic Reincarnation:
    • Epic Reincarnation is available to both Iconic and Non-Iconic characters.
    • You must be at the level cap (currently 28, eventually 30) to Epic Reincarnate.
    • You must have enough Karma in one Epic Destiny Sphere to spend on your Epic Reincarnation.
      • You gain Karma for an Epic Destiny Sphere (Arcane, Divine, Martial, or Primal) when you gain experience and have any Epic Destiny from that Sphere active.
        • You can view your Karma by toggling to the Map View in the Epic Destinies UI.
      • You will not lose Karma from other, unselected, Epic Destiny Spheres.
      • To introduce Karma, your existing Epic Destiny experience is applied to Karma for each Sphere.
        • For example: If you have 1 million XP in Exalted Angel and 2 million XP in Unyielding Sentinel, your Divine Karma would be 3 million.
        • If you have any Epic Destinies with max experience, the corresponding Karma will also be maxed.
    • You retain your Epic Destiny progress.
    • You gain an Epic Past Life Feat.
      • The Karma you spend will determine which Epic Past Life Feats are available for you to choose from.
        • For example: Spending Arcane Karma allows you to select an Arcane Epic Past Life Feat.
    • After Epic Reincarnating, you return to Level 20
      • You retain your Race and Class Levels.
      • You will spend a few minutes in Character Generation and then talk to the Life-Shaper on the Bridge Between – much like a Lesser +0 Reincarnation.

Lesser Reincarnation:
    • Lesser Reincarnation remains primarily unchanged.
    • Lesser Reincarnation is available to both Iconic and Non-Iconic characters.
    • You can Lesser Reincarnate at any level.
    • The functionality of Greater Reincarnation has been incorporated into Lesser Reincarnation.
    It's just me or there is no option for a reincarnation from 28 to 1 (or 15 if iconic) gaining an epic PL and heroic PL both?
    Proud officer of Zuleicos (Thelanis) - Mikaelus (Melee) ; Akhnaroth (Caster) ; Kraneo (Healbot) ; Leonardu (Melee) ; Tormentazul (Melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum
    Come play Dungeons and Dragons! In heroic play you will face the evil minions of Demons... When and if you make it to Epic levels you face even greater threats. Threats like... giant rats and wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Is it just me? I can't find anywhere that says how much karma you need to actually ER a sphere. (all my toons have maxxed ED's)

It would be useful to know for possible future Epic Lives for me.

is it the cap of 6million or less than that required?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    As it stand right now, as I understand it, you need 6 million Karma per sphere to ER.
    Epic Reincarnation requires spending 6 million Karma, which is also the Karma cap for each sphere. (These could change in the future, but this is the current intention for launch with U20.)

Note: This is slightly more than 3 Epic Destinies.

Note: This is a bit less than the amount of XP gained from level 20->28.

Note: If you have any destiny XP capped when U20 launches, the corresponding Sphere will be be set to 6 million Karma. This is on the theory that after capping out that destiny you could have continued playing in that destiny while potentially earning Karma.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    So if I were to have Healing Power x3, Brace x3 and Block Energy x3 I could choose one of the three active benefits:
    +30 Positive Spell power
    +3 to all saves
    +30% Energy Absorbtion while blocking

And I would automatically have 3x3x3 = 27 PRR

Is that correct?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalevor View Post
    It's just me or there is no option for a reincarnation from 28 to 1 (or 15 if iconic) gaining an epic PL and heroic PL both?
    That's correct. It's something we might consider adding later. However, you achieve the same effect by performing an Epic Reincarnation, and then immediately performing Heroic True Reincarnation afterwards.

Note that there's now three separate Reincarnation Timers:

* True Reincarnation (Iconic and Heroic share a timer)
    * Epic Reincarnation
    * Lesser Reincarnation

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Epic Reincarnation requires spending 6 million Karma, which is also the Karma cap for each sphere. (These could change in the future, but this is the current intention for launch with U20.)

Note: This is slightly more than 3 Epic Destinies.

Note: This is a bit less than the amount of XP gained from level 20->28.

Note: If you have any destiny XP capped when U20 launches, the corresponding Sphere will be be set to 6 million Karma. This is on the theory that after capping out that destiny you could have continued playing in that destiny while potentially earning Karma.

Got it. So a more direct question then:

Are you expecting a Fighter who uses Legendary Dreadnought as his main ED, to level from 20-28 gaining 6 million XP/Karma in Unyielding or Exalted to earn the divine sphere EPL?

And if so:

One of the largest complaints about leveling ED's is running in off destinies. What was the reasoning behind then incorporating that feature and expanding on it on a much larger scale knowing it's very unpopular?

do you lose karma when you TR? if so how do you gain it back if you have your EDs all maxxed?
    "Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand"-Kurt Vonnegut

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Battery View Post
    do you lose karma when you TR? if so how do you gain it back if you have your EDs all maxxed?
    You gain Karma even when the ED is XP maxxed. And yes, you lose the karma associated with the ED Sphere you are taking the past life from. You do not lose progres in ED when you ER, you only lose Karma progress in that Sphere.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast