Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Mabar disapointment

I am really disappointed with the mabar event. apparently there is no love for my capped toon. Even when I am alone in the zone, 90% of the kills provide no reward and about 50% display the message that the mob is too low of level. In addition, the same level 24 mobs that report as too low moist of the time, occasionally give a reward. Something is obviously broken. It is bad enough that the event is geared to STRONGLY favor casters with AOE who perch and spam in a strategy that amounts to griefing. Not happy. Was really hoping it would be better this year.
    Valiant Accord

I noticed on my level 18 monk, playing in the 16-20 zone, most of the spawns were 14-16. Not sure this is working as intended.
    There is no free lunch.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by moonprophet View Post
    I am really disappointed with the mabar event. apparently there is no love for my capped toon. Even when I am alone in the zone, 90% of the kills provide no reward and about 50% display the message that the mob is too low of level. In addition, the same level 24 mobs that report as too low moist of the time, occasionally give a reward. Something is obviously broken. It is bad enough that the event is geared to STRONGLY favor casters with AOE who perch and spam in a strategy that amounts to griefing. Not happy. Was really hoping it would be better this year.
    In the past, kills don't initiate reward rolls. I don't believe this has or will change. 1 hit that registers damage on a mob qualifies a toon for a reward roll when the mob dies. Everything else is wasted swings/spells/etc.

The only quasi-griefing even possible is a caster who kills everything with overpowered spells before others can register 1 hit on a mob. They can be politely asked to turn their metas off/spell power down so everybody qualifies for rolls. The only real griefing possible in the past was the Lich mechanic which automatically rewarded the toon registering the first damage to the Lich with the Lich Dust when the Lich died.

Smack a mob once, move onto the next one, let the casters mop up the kills for you. That is how you gain collectibles and keep Mabar fun.

Just wanted to see if it's different this year on capped monkcher, running alone for 2 hours actively AVOIDING people or "helping" others.
    ~ 2.7k motes in those ~ 2 hours from turn ins without Draught. Looks same to me.
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Arnhelm View Post
    I noticed on my level 18 monk, playing in the 16-20 zone, most of the spawns were 14-16. Not sure this is working as intended.
    This is very disappointing to hear. I'm fairly certain I saw a release note or Dev comment that said 'as long as you are in the appropriate zone for your character level, you will not ever receive warning about monsters that are too low for your level.'
    "So maybe it's about time we all get a reality check and realize that if you raid, run epics, and have capped toons and worry about ED's TR's and all that jazz, you are a small part of the population of this game, a very small part in fact." -- Ungood

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Were you still getting credit for the kills?

As long as you're in your level range instance, you should get credit for kills even if they are below your level.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

This is working as intended. In the Mabar event, players have always (and continued to) spawn monsters 1-4CRs below their level. A level 18 character would cause level 16 and 14 monsters to spawn, which are well within the level range for a level 18 character.

Since you were in the 16-20 zone, if you were near a level 16 player, CR 12-14 mobs would spawn. CR12 mobs would normally be considered outside your level range, but since you're in a level-appropriate instance you should still have a chance at items, and shouldn't see the message about the creature being too weak.

If you're still seeing the message about creatures being too weak to give rewards, please make sure you're in a zone that includes your character's level (and not, say, the Shared instance of the Graveyard.)
    Last edited by Steelstar; 10-24-2013 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Fixed: It's 1-4CRs, not 2-5.

Quote Originally Posted by myliftkk_v2 View Post
    Smack a mob once, move onto the next one, let the casters mop up the kills for you. That is how you gain collectibles and keep Mabar fun.
    Yep, thats how I do it, have to hit mob first and let someone else kill it, you get more collectibles that way.

Community Member

It's because Delera is too moist.

yes thank you again for another year of mabar disappointments

trash the event altogether
    Member of Captains Crew - Ghallanda
    Rifken - Triple-Triple Completionist
    Riffken - Completionist
    Tegg - Azrahn

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    This is working as intended. In the Mabar event, players have always (and continued to) spawn monsters 2-5CRs below their level. A level 18 character would cause level 16 and 14 monsters to spawn, which are well within the level range for a level 18 character.

Since you were in the 16-20 zone, if you were near a level 16 player, CR 12-14 mobs would spawn. CR12 mobs would normally be considered outside your level range, but since you're in a level-appropriate instance you should still have a chance at items, and shouldn't see the message about the creature being too weak.

If you're still seeing the message about creatures being too weak to give rewards, please make sure you're in a zone that includes your character's level (and not, say, the Shared instance of the Graveyard.)
    How about the lag? Is it WAI too?

I've been on 3 dragon instances today. The first one, as soon a Mabar opened was ok. The other two we were lagging all the time since the dragon came in and we got kicked out of the instance.

Why do you turn the event on if you already got feedback it was being this laggish?
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Thumbs down Unplayable

Seriosly.... Turbine you said you fixed the lag, and as soon as the spectral dragon appeared nobody could move or do anythin at all. We all just stood there and watched the mobs destryoing the altar (Ghallanda).

You Suck! I don´t give a **** for this game anymore. You only produce ****! Played constantly a couple of years and spend much time with DDO.
    Everything is getting worse not better.

I NEVER complained about ANYTHING!

Think will cancle my vip subscrition, too!!

Thx..
    Insii

(Yes I´m angry!)
    ~ Circle of Light ~
    ~ Insii ~ Angelander ~ Excanta ~ Lysara ~ Lovise ~

Logged in, walked into Deleras, smacked one mob, and the server connection went red. The connection dropped me before I could even attack a second time.

Tried to log back in and it said "Cleaning up old connection" for about 10 minutes then errored out with a "LOGIN SERVER IS FULL" message.

Yup, I definitely feel I am getting my $9.95 per month worth as a longstanding VIP subscriber.

Welcome back to FUBAR, the ENDLESS LAG. You guys have known about this problem for three years, so give the server hamsters some halloween candy already. And maybe a Monster Energy drink.
    Give a man a fish, and he demands two more tomorrow.
    Teach a man to fish, and he'll leave to find somebody who'll just give him a fish.
    Beat him unconscious with the fish, and it's comedy.

This is working as intended. In the Mabar event, players have always (and continued to) spawn monsters 2-5CRs below their level. A level 18 character would cause level 16 and 14 monsters to spawn, which are well within the level range for a level 18 character.

Ummm..."Steelstar"?

Were you in a 70's band in a past life or somethin'?

Default Might as well

Quote Originally Posted by Weyborn View Post
    yes thank you again for another year of mabar disappointments

trash the event altogether
    You might as well cancel this event. Your servers just can't handle the load. Why cause all of this frustration (I've been trying all day to finish a dragon kill and lag has caused party wipes every time) when you know you don't have the equipment to handle. Or, do nothing, pat your selves on the back for another job well done and keep your head in the sand. As long as we pay for it, who cares, certainly not anyone in this company.

Community Member

Default So, I am not invited then....

My level 28 toon does not appear to have a zone. So, I guess I am just SOL then? Will all events be unplayable by capped toons?
    Valiant Accord

I presume the additional 14 day band are to keep more players off the servers to reduce the lag.

Default Might as well turn it off

Your servers can't handle the load. It's a fact you should acknowledge and turn the Mabar event off. I know your company wants it kept on so they can say the are providing content but they aren't. I've tried all day long to finish a dragon event and the lag wiped the party every time. So just turn it off already. Your causing nothing but frustration. Unlessss, I see, pat yourselves on the back for a job well done and hope your boss doesn't find out what a cluster Mabar is. Yeah that's the ticket.

Nothing to see here. Pay your money and move along.

Community Member

Other MMO's have halloween events as well. My roommates play GW2, they enjoy the events there. They came to me to see DDO's event, and man, the lag, how unplayable the game was... they laughed... they still laugh... "This game sucks, man" they told me when they went back to play GW2... Later one of them came back and told me, if I would like it, he could buy me GW2... It's just.... so sad...

Where are the competent people in Turbine?! What happened with them??!!

Community Member

My level 28 toon does not appear to have a zone. So, I guess I am just SOL then? Will all events be unplayable by capped toons?
    the 26-30 instance would be your instance (there is a list of instances at the entrance to delaras or at joe lantern) anything you kill in there would give you a possibility of a drop.

when you get kicked out of dragon, you end up in shared, make sure you talk to joe lantern to go back to your original instance.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast