Community Member

Default Improve Construct Essence

Right now this is pretty much a n00b trap feat. It sounds really good - let fleshies benefit from repair heals - but it doesnt provide you enough benefit for what it costs:

Normal Fleshy: 100% Positive, 0% Repair. And Positive heals can be Empowered twice.
    Normal WF: 80% Positive, 100% Repair. I cant imagine anyone would take the Repair Amp option...too many sources of Positive-only healing, even for a dedicated arcane WF (ie Cocoon and hirelings, most importantly)
    CE Fleshy: 75% Positive, 50% Repair. So your penalties are greater than a WF for BOTH categories. And there's precious little way to raise your Repair Amp; even well before the end of Heroic, half-power Reconstructs are not enough to handle at-level content, let alone into Epic. All you're doing, in essence, is sacrificing your Positive healing for the ability to cast inadequate Repair spells on yourself.

I suggest that the Positive penalty be removed; it already costs a Feat and requires 3 levels in Arti, so I dont know why there should need to be an additional penalty for such a lackluster benefit. I'd also suggest the percentage on Repair might be ramped up, too. If WF can get 80 Pos/100 Repair for a couple AP, why shouldnt fleshies get 100 Pos/80 Repair for a feat? They wouldnt be a liability in groups with Divine healers, but they would be self sufficient with Repair heals.

I'd also love to see it opened up to Wizard and Sorc, at a higher level than 3 (like Evasion is 9 for a Ranger, but only 2 for a Rogue), or dropped down to only require Arti 1 or 2; that'd give more flexibility to make a self-healable fleshy arcane, without having to give up L9 spells.

I found this to be very useful on my Artificer, although I didn't bother taking it until I gained access to reconstruct. However, it wasn't enough in epic levels (IMO) and I ended up TRing.

What I'd like to see is Construct Essence being made available by taking the Dragonmark of Making. Also, it would be interesting to see a House Cannith Dragonmark Heir enhancement tree, along with an enhancement line that increases the benefit from Construct Essence.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Spell power

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Right now this is pretty much a n00b trap feat. It sounds really good - let fleshies benefit from repair heals - but it doesnt provide you enough benefit for what it costs:

Normal Fleshy: 100% Positive, 0% Repair. And Positive heals can be Empowered twice.
    Normal WF: 80% Positive, 100% Repair. I cant imagine anyone would take the Repair Amp option...too many sources of Positive-only healing, even for a dedicated arcane WF (ie Cocoon and hirelings, most importantly)
    CE Fleshy: 75% Positive, 50% Repair. So your penalties are greater than a WF for BOTH categories. And there's precious little way to raise your Repair Amp; even well before the end of Heroic, half-power Reconstructs are not enough to handle at-level content, let alone into Epic. All you're doing, in essence, is sacrificing your Positive healing for the ability to cast inadequate Repair spells on yourself.

I suggest that the Positive penalty be removed; it already costs a Feat and requires 3 levels in Arti, so I dont know why there should need to be an additional penalty for such a lackluster benefit. I'd also suggest the percentage on Repair might be ramped up, too. If WF can get 80 Pos/100 Repair for a couple AP, why shouldnt fleshies get 100 Pos/80 Repair for a feat? They wouldnt be a liability in groups with Divine healers, but they would be self sufficient with Repair heals.

I'd also love to see it opened up to Wizard and Sorc, at a higher level than 3 (like Evasion is 9 for a Ranger, but only 2 for a Rogue), or dropped down to only require Arti 1 or 2; that'd give more flexibility to make a self-healable fleshy arcane, without having to give up L9 spells.
    You need to buff your repair spell power to get the most out of Reconstruct. This has been more diffcult since the Enhacement pass. Ideally you want your reapir spell power over 100 and I prefer at least 140 ish.

Since I can no longer get those numbers via Enhacements, I've had to resort to using items to buff the spell power. This is the same for the other spell power types. I've added an image from a Googlle search so its not from one of my charecters search. I blanked the name and circled the spellpower.

This is merely my opinion, which is speculative and full of assumption. It seems allot of folks don't buff their Posiitve and Repair powers, so Construct Essence is a waste of a feat if you don't invest in your spell powers.

After the Enhancements the max I can get my repair spell power to is 57 via investing max. skill points, +3 repair skill tome and some misc. No way near my 140 ish I had prior to the pass.

I do feel that they should update Construct Essence feat to offset some of the changes this year in other aspects of the game as well.
    Last edited by Livmo; 10-24-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Community Member

Repair spellpower isn't the same as repair amp, though...you might have 200 Repair spellpower, but you're still only getting 50% usefulness out of that, compared to a WF arcane with the same Repair spellpower. And endgame is balanced for a respectable level of spellpower anyway, so its not like you can "make up" the difference in repair amp by pumping your repair spellpower twice as high as everyone else.

+200% extra to pointless is still pointless, basically.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default yep

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Repair spellpower isn't the same as repair amp, though...you might have 200 Repair spellpower, but you're still only getting 50% usefulness out of that, compared to a WF arcane with the same Repair spellpower. And endgame is balanced for a respectable level of spellpower anyway, so its not like you can "make up" the difference in repair amp by pumping your repair spellpower twice as high as everyone else.

+200% extra to pointless is still pointless, basically.
    Yep. But I would rather use other EDs and twists at end game.

The difference between 57 repair spell power and 140 power is very noticable if you are a human that took Construct Essence. Took 2-3 Reconstructs at 57 and less, 1-2, when I equipped this club for testing (tested in T0R). I'm currently wearing other gear with higher stats (rune arm) that I did not change and I'm only using the club for the equipment bonus.

They should just raise the reconstructed healing to 75% and see what happens.