Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mabar lag

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Default Tolero, cordovan, any devs?!

Aren't you guys doing anything about this? Its UNPLAYABLE!
    Lvl 26-30 on Ghallanda, 2nd time nobody could move and got kicked out of the instance.

You got enough feedback from the preview. Then why do you let it go live like this, again?

Ticket submitted - insta closed. I'd take it down, reset the servers, whatever, but its unplayable in its current incarnation. I hate to be a naysayer as the forums are plentifully stocked in that respect, but the system is broken.

Having to wait an hour or so for another shot at failing this isn't too appetising a prospect.

Barbachop/Fizzburn/Politikills & Boaby - Omnipresence,Ghallanda

did not experience this issue to this degree during the preview. I personally have never lagged on this event until today since its inception
    Main - Dinomyte, Leader of the Cult of the Onyx Pikachu
    Alts - Skrapheep, Nimbleklutz, Magnarok, Metocalypse

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    26-30 on Argo and it was almost and ista-fail. Nobody could move. None of my tells went thru, and people in my group were like, "Woah, I'm Dead? Why am I in the Market now? Screw this!"
    This on G-Lnad

The dragon is basically unplayable. And when you are working on a BtC item it really sucks.

Default Yup - g-land 26-30 LAGBAR

Yup was also in that instance 26-30, dragon spawned in SW...no one could move...failed. Lagged so badly that my key wasnt even returned.

And I'm supposed to get BTC signets...how?
    Main toons: IronThatcher (Tank), Mehhh (DC Wiz)
    Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    I ran Where there is Smoke ELITE on a level 4, first life 28 hit point rogue, never TRd, no guild buffs, using a hireling cleric. One shotted two times at the first dog area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!

I was logged in earlier today for only a 1/2 hour .... around 1:00 pm EST on Thelanis. Doors opened a little after that, didn't see any lag with the dragon fight. We completed @ lvl 20-25. About 10 minutes after completion ... about 1:30-ish there was a brief few seconds of lag. I'll be checking it out again in a few hours, we'll see what happens.
    Benicius - Lvl 20 Paladin Epic 9 - Thelanis

"Yes sir, matey, it's always a little damp when the boat is sunk"

Heh, just talked to a couple of buddies of mine who tried the lower level instances. They auto-failed too due to not enough people in the instances and couldn't defend the altars adequately. /faceplam
    Tell them to up their game so they can defend an altar alone

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Tell them to up their game so they can defend an altar alone
    "I don't even know why I hang out with you guys, your weaksauce!"

On Sarlona, I am lagging in areas that I have never had lag before. Not just within the Mabar event area.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

You guys didn't SERIOUSLY think they were going to let anyone get enough signets for a tome, did you???
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    On Sarlona, I am lagging in areas that I have never had lag before. Not just within the Mabar event area.
    Probably at the same time dragon appears?

Chiming in here: Khyber, 15-19 range. As soon as the gargoyles started spawning lag locked everyone down. Coudln't move, couldn't talk. Everyone died, game over without even seeing the dragon.

This is broken, Turbine. Take it down and FIX it, then extend the amount of time Mabar is live equal to the time it takes you to unbreak it.

Default Lag if you do, lag if you don't

Seems like Mabar is worse with each year. Used to be, only Delera's lagged, and mostly on dragon. Now, 30+ second lagspikes in Delera's if more that one group spawns at the same time.

Also, silly lag and constant DCs from party members in any other general areas, explorers, and quests. Whole game almost unplayable, trying to run any quest that's even slightly challenging is completely futile atm.

Debating if I care enough about the tome to endure this silliness.

Heh, just talked to a couple of buddies of mine who tried the lower level instances. They auto-failed too due to not enough people in the instances and couldn't defend the altars adequately. /faceplam
    I've posted on this MULTIPLE times during preview. I think I wasn't the only one, too. Anyone without a 20+ toon will likely just auto-fail due to too few players since they never merged the lower-level instances.
    Last edited by Ausdoerrt; 10-24-2013 at 03:43 PM.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    I've posted on this MULTIPLE times during preview. I think I wasn't the only one, too. Anyone without a 20+ toon will likely just auto-fail due to too few players since they never merged the lower-level instances.
    And if you have 26+ you will fail because of the lag and stupid hitpoints on dragon. Level 20-24 seems to be the sweet spot for dragon runs this year as people have destinies and yet the dragon has low hitpoints so you might survive even with lag.

Angry Signets?

So, Turbine intentionally releases laggy, obviously unplayable events. We have been told about the possibility of acquiring +5 Tomes and new shiny augments. But it all is a lie, besides not intentional, the rules and the broken environment won't allow us. They don't even respond to tickets related to lag in Mabar anymore...

I sincerely believe we all deserve a compensation.
    D&D player since 1991. Played every D&D videogame since Eye of the Beholder. ¡¡¡Creeped by the 4th ed D&D ruleset!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cave_diver View Post
    Yup was also in that instance 26-30, dragon spawned in SW...no one could move...failed. Lagged so badly that my key wasnt even returned.

And I'm supposed to get BTC signets...how?
    Same-o Same-o... Actually seeing the time of the post it was probably the same Instance.
    Dragon right in front of me, I think I managed to get a DP through, and maybe a mass heal and a burst... Couldn't move, couldn't run, couldn't turn, couldn't kite gargoyles... Greek Statue.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Quote Originally Posted by enochiancub View Post
    I'm technologically inept. So I have to ask, what is the recipe for lag? It obviously exists as people express their displeasure with it non stop (and I would to, if I had encountered their problems). I've never experienced it and I am curious as to why. Does OS have anything to do with it?
    Nobody seems to be actually able to prove what causes it, not everybody gets it, but its annoying to those that do. Thats all that can be said for certain about lag. It also seems that its contagious.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

My experience has been either no lag at all and easy completion or insta freeze and die about 10 minutes later just out of the blue. Doesn't seem to be any middle ground, all or nothing (2 of each now hehe).

What I REAAAAAAALLLLLY hate is the lag spiking when im out in other quests. At least the guildies are letting us know when the doors are open so we can prepare ourselves for the spikes coming.

Thank God they fixed Mabar.
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by enochiancub View Post
    I'm technologically inept. So I have to ask, what is the recipe for lag? It obviously exists as people express their displeasure with it non stop (and I would to, if I had encountered their problems). I've never experienced it and I am curious as to why. Does OS have anything to do with it?
    The problem with mabar lag is 2 fold. (my best guess)

1st. Spawning of mobs. In this case, it is spawning mobs all over the dungeon in your instance, but also SEVERAL instances at the same time. Turbine hasn't streamlined the IO for this for these massive cases.
    * Nothing players can do about this one.
    2nd. Mobs talk. By this I mean the Mobs are informing each other of what is going on. This has caused lag in the past and is probably causing lots of lag with Mabar.
    * workaround : players have to kill mobs fast.

Now you may also have lag right when you first jump into the dragon instance. This is being cause by the inital spawning like crazy of all of those dragon dungeons. I wouldn't worry about that lag.
    Last edited by Missing_Minds; 10-25-2013 at 09:22 AM.

Community Member

I ran 4 dragons last night :
    2 : L??-30
    1 : L12-17
    1 : L??-13

First run in the L30 instance was a lag fest, we all died.
    Second run in L30 had some lag, but wasn't bad, we finished.
    L17 and L13 runs were virtually lag free.

Overall, it wasn't bad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast