Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by monsoon22 View Post
    I take it then that you have recanted from earlier and have decided that it is better to not punish at all and return their accounts to active and allow them to buyback then it is to extend the ban to allow this to be fixed? Again, it is either that or what they are doing, you can't have both. As to whether it is "sloppy" or not on the point of Turbine does not change that.

I guess the best counter title of the thread if they just let them back would be "What point for the ban when nothing changed and they kept their stuff?" Wouldn't that just be a reinforcement that exploiting has no real consequences? Honestly your position holds no grounds for you to be satisfied one way or the other.

To others, as to whether in game problems that cost the company money recieve higher priority then others, well of course it will. I personally don't see the point of disputing or being upset about this as any and all companies make such decisions everyday they are in business. Is kind of like a triage for business where impact both long and short term are weighed against required resources to correct. That is precisely why not being able to climb a ladder everytime is a long term existing bug, it costs nothing, people work around it and has minimal impact on the product so does not justify throwing huge resources into debugging the game engine to repair. Likely when the services shut down for good it will still be there, is how life works. And yes, customer retention is a financial impact that is ALWAYS weighed, and so therefore by extension so is perception of quality. Latching onto the point it is all about money for Turbine seems to me pointless. They are a corporation, in the end yeah, it is all about money. This can't really be a big surprise, is it? Companies who do not care about money don't appear on any stock exchanges, they are called charities. Actually, come to think on it, they are all about money too...
    Perhaps you should re-read, the only thing I recanted was I thought you said something you didn't. Thats it.

Well the point may be moot anyway. Have to see when people I know log back. I've heard some people who are back, got their bags and items that has anything to do with comms removed. If thats true, almost the same as perma-band since they are not going to re-grind and off to spend their money elsewhere. There will be trickle down effect that if people they know or friends don't play, less reason for other people to stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout_Zero View Post
    Perhaps you should re-read, the only thing I recanted was I thought you said something you didn't. Thats it.

Well the point may be moot anyway. Have to see when people I know log back. I've heard some people who are back, got their bags and items that has anything to do with comms removed. If thats true, almost the same as perma-band since they are not going to re-grind and off to spend their money elsewhere. There will be trickle down effect that if people they know or friends don't play, less reason for other people to stick around.
    so your sticking up for people that cheated and upgraded comm items so they don't have to run the raid with you to help you get your own comms. so in essence you are sticking up for people that you wouldnt be grouping with anyway... sorry devs are right with this one.
    Proud member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy, but we get &@#$% done.

Kilthar-Thar-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Klunk-Robothar-Minithar-Tharissa-Miriella

If they truly valued their digital stuff, their time and money, and had a modicum of intelligence, they would have read and understood the very simple language put forth in the DDO Code of Conduct.

They knowingly did wrong, got caught, and now need others to try and bail them out and fight their fight? The damage they have done to the game and towards the very people who have created this entertainment for everyone's enjoyment is deemed LESS important to them than their own greed. But if they don't care, so why should we? I'm sorry, if they think they are above the rules and decide to break the rules and risk getting perma-banned, then get so outraged/upset that the developers took away their stuff and feel they need to pack up and go home, then c'est la vie. That's their decision.

Responsibility is only optional until it's too late.
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 10-27-2013 at 09:48 PM.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

That hasn't been my experience, and ive been through every era in this game where people were banned for doing something they obviously shouldn't have. They threaten to take their "business" elsewhere, and most are still here.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

~
    Ah, ok. So you are sticking to a point that cannot be resolved. Seems reasonable :/

Also see you are now taking the stand that we should feel sorrow that can't keep their ill gotten gains. So basically neither of your earlier points are valid as you now don't appear to feel they should not be in fact punished at all.

Might I suggest you find a new group of slightly more reputable friends so as you are not put into this situation by them as you appear to be struggling to even have a stance on what they do. Is a terrible thing for a friend to do to put you in such an obvious moral dilemma, just imho.

Talking

I find it funny that people complain when they get caught breaking rules by duping or whatever. YOU WERE CAUGHT ENJOY WHAT YOU GET!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    Oh this is a Chai-ism then, where you just go around making up what you think words mean.
    Classic. No logical refutation. So youre turning to personal banter. Predictable to the point I could set a watch to it.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    That hasn't been my experience, and ive been through every era in this game where people were banned for doing something they obviously shouldn't have. They threaten to take their "business" elsewhere, and most are still here.
    Perhaps you need more experience.

Anyways, this whole thread has been interesting read. Thank you for your debates. I'll let my subscription expire also in a couple months and get an ipad air instead.

Anyways, this whole thread has been interesting read. Thank you for your debates. I'll let my subscription expire also in a couple months and get an ipad air instead.
    Have tons of experience and been playing this game since it could be bought in a box. Im also absolutely correct on this issue from a business standpoint. You guys coming in here acting like the exploiters have some level of collateral to bargain with, like the whole thing is going to collapse when they leave, has been a played out story for 7 years now. Theres 2 things you need to know on this. 1. No mass exodus has happened after many people threatening it will, for the entire duration of this game, and 2. Most of the those people threatening to take their business elsewhere, do not. Ill be more than happy to pull your card on this a while from now when youre still here trying to take their side again a year from now or so, long after you threatened to leave, but haven't done so. Its like the renamed the Hotel California, to DDO.

Classic. No logical refutation. So youre turning to personal banter. Predictable to the point I could set a watch to it.
    What exactly can I refute? I linked you the definition by Webster's, which supports that I am using the word absolutely correctly.

Customer: someone who buys goods or services from a business

At this point, there is nothing to discuss or refute, That's what the word means, and that means you're wrong, I'm right, in how to use it, that's the end of it.

Have a good day, and next time as opposed to just making up what you think a word means, use this: http://www.merriam-webster.com/
    Last edited by Ungood; 10-27-2013 at 10:06 PM.

LOL, or at least glasses that are not so red tinted.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    As the patron saint of trolling I take offense to that remark.
    shudup!!! otherwise you aint getting any jheals!!!!

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    If they truly valued their digital stuff, their time and money, and had a modicum of intelligence, they would have read and understood the very simple language put forth in the DDO Code of Conduct.

They knowingly did wrong, got caught, and now need others to try and bail them out and fight their fight? The damage they have done to the game and towards the very people who have created this entertainment for everyone's enjoyment is deemed LESS important to them than their own greed. But if they don't care, so why should we? I'm sorry, if they think they are above the rules and decide to break the rules and risk getting perma-banned, then get so outraged/upset that the developers took away their stuff and feel they need to pack up and go home, then c'est la vie. That's their decision.

Responsibility is only optional until it's too late.
    I'm just glad that Turbine finally decided to punish the people who exploit.

...now if we could get them to stop punishing the rest of us who DON'T exploit with buggy penalties and debuffs that should only be hitting exploiters, that would be super awesome.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    Two more weeks, rewards us who are not exploiters and gives us the satisfaction to feel appreciated. Mabar is the Reward
    If Mabar is the reward for not exploiting, I think I'm going to need to actually participate in the next big exploit...
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    If Mabar is the reward for not exploiting, I think I'm going to need to actually participate in the next big exploit...
    wasn't mabar suppose to come anyway? Long before they where made aware of the exploit and started with the bans?

There is no *reward* for not exploiting, but by not exploiting we all, well all of us who didn't, escape *punishment* by *not* exploiting so we don't get banned and get to partake in lagbar.

How is it a *reward* to get something you where going to get anyway?

Its like all the kids are at the dinner table, its special day or whatever and theres going to be dessert that everyone is going to get. Billy is a very naughty boy at the dinner table he is warned but continues to act up, so hes sent to time out missing out on dessert. So now all the other children are *rewarded* for their good behaviour? That dessert was coming just as long as they where willing to continue on as normal, they didn't have to go above and beyond to get it.

There is no *reward*, not being *punished* for acting as your suppose to is not a *reward*.
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 10-27-2013 at 10:59 PM.

...now if we could get them to stop punishing the rest of us who DON'T exploit with buggy penalties and debuffs that should only be hitting exploiters, that would be super awesome.
    Oh yeah, with you 100% on that one

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

That reminds me of a few things:

Disabling buyback feature
    The new reincarnation system that will take money from us by removing the usefulness of Epic Tokens
    Removal of bags in guild chests

What else?

I think the message is clear EVERYONE got hit with their "extreme prejudice" witch hunt, not only the exploiters.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.
    GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.
    LMAO! M...D...? Seriously? - You have received an infraction...

Default ban

Look, you shouldnt think that you can cheat then have no consequences, if you cheated and got caught, take your spankings and get on with life, if you complain about getting in trouble for doing something wrong then you probably arent someone i would like to game with anyway. I refused to play pnp with the jerks who tried to cheat, why would this be any different. So if you whine about being banned for a few weeks and decide to quit, well then good for you, find something else to whine about elsewhere. And yeah before you ask the question of wether i want to play on dead servers or have the servers merged or even have the game go completely dead over all this, my answer is yes i would rather have all or any of that happen than to play with you anyways. My advice for the future? Its simple, don't cheat and you shouldnt have to worry about raging the servers over getting banned

If they wanted to punish exploiters they should have "forced" them to go to mabar! I guess that is kind of what your saying anyways though.

lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Have tons of experience and been playing this game since it could be bought in a box. Im also absolutely correct on this issue from a business standpoint. You guys coming in here acting like the exploiters have some level of collateral to bargain with, like the whole thing is going to collapse when they leave, has been a played out story for 7 years now. Theres 2 things you need to know on this. 1. No mass exodus has happened after many people threatening it will, for the entire duration of this game, and 2. Most of the those people threatening to take their business elsewhere, do not. Ill be more than happy to pull your card on this a while from now when youre still here trying to take their side again a year from now or so, long after you threatened to leave, but haven't done so. Its like the renamed the Hotel California, to DDO.
    How about some actual evidence to back up anything you're saying. You say there's no mass exodus? I say over half the player base has left the game in the past two years based on 2-3 different sources.

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast