Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Who does this 2 week extra ban really hurt?

Who loses in the end? Turbine and existing players.

Banned players are doing something else, and might not comeback. Talking about long time players.
    If people I know are not coming back looks like almost time to call it quits too.
    A lot of people talk to feel the same way.

On the bright side for the people cheering for permanent bans might get what they want. People not coming back. And maybe all like minded people can play on same sever as they do server merges.

DDO had a good run.

Community Member

I think the number of banned players is greatly exaggerated here on the forums. Anyone leaving the game is not good, but the Doooooom is a little over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by DakDeFrosted View Post
    I think the number of banned players is greatly exaggerated here on the forums. Anyone leaving the game is not good, but the Doooooom is a little over the top.
    Agreed, I'm seeing just as many, if not MORE LFMs up than normal, my play experience hasn't been impacted....except for the fact I've been on Wayfinder a lot protesting the changes. I log into my normal server and do my daily dice, then log back into to Wayfinder and sit. If I was playing, however, I would see that yes, the game seems to be doing JUST fine without the sploiters.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

I think existing players actually benefit
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

The vast majority of the players have never heard of the exploit, much less participated in it.

Forumites overestimate their effect by very great deal. I read the forums more than anyone else in game I know and I still didn't learn about the exploit till it was over.

Community Member

Turbine employees went on a player-by-player basis examining their inventories, deleting stuff that was obviously duped (hence the buyback shutdown), and they are very probably punishing those who they found had duplicated way more than just a couple of things for personal use, like some of them were pretending in this forum. Which is why if you're one of these people you're making a fool of yourself if you expect to draw any sympathy from anyone who actually didn't cheat.

It sounds like you need a fresh start.

Forget about ddo and let whats left of the population worry about changes or server merges or whether the game survives without you. It wont be your problem anymore

You can find a fresh new game and get back to whats important: a fun gaming experience!

Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout_Zero View Post
    Who loses in the end?
    Children... children always take the worst part.
    Proud officer of Zuleicos (Thelanis) - Mikaelus (Melee) ; Akhnaroth (Caster) ; Kraneo (Healbot) ; Leonardu (Melee) ; Tormentazul (Melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum
    Come play Dungeons and Dragons! In heroic play you will face the evil minions of Demons... When and if you make it to Epic levels you face even greater threats. Threats like... giant rats and wolves!

Murderous space kittens.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

It really hurt the exploiters because they've been very active and very frustrated on the forums. So I guess it's working.

As for me there hasn't been an impact.

I don't wish bad thing on anyone, but Turbine has to maintain the integrity of the game even if it involves some punishments.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by arminius View Post
    The vast majority of the players have never heard of the exploit, much less participated in it.

Forumites overestimate their effect by very great deal. I read the forums more than anyone else in game I know and I still didn't learn about the exploit till it was over.
    I didn't even hear the first murmurings of it until after it had been stopped.
    I think this will be better for us all in the long run.

I don't know about everyone else, but ever since the bans were put in place last week I'm seeing more LFMs than before (on Khyber that is). Of course we always see an increase in activity in Autumn. Anyway, I don't know anyone who has been banned personally.I believe (personal opinion) that the forumites here are just exagerating as usual in their cries of doom. Sure some banned will stay away, but it will barely have any impact.Sucks for the ones that do come back that they missed Mabar and the free +5 tome.Then again, the players that really love the game will come back in any case. And the ones that stay away would probably have went for anyother reason as well.

Founder

Banned players are doing something else, and might not comeback. Talking about long time players.
    If people I know are not coming back looks like almost time to call it quits too.

On the bright side for the people cheering for permanent bans might get what they want. People not coming back. And maybe all like minded people can play on same sever as they do server merges.

DDO had a good run.
    Who loses in the end is the cheaters. The rest of DDO is only better without them.

DDO had a good run.
    A few dupers won't end DDO, the devs are already on it.

It hurts the idiots that decided to cheat at a game. Beyond that, it hurts nobody.

I just hope that some of the bans are permanent.

Im really enjoying the whining threads by those that have been banned. And the funny thing, is that some of them openly admit that they were busted cold, but then complain that the punishment is too harsh.

You don't want to get banned? Don't fricken cheat. it's really that simple.

hahahahaha
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

it hurts me the most.

Nobody will hjeal meh.

I need a hug.

And a cookie.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Who loses in the end is the cheaters. The rest of DDO is only better without them.
    How? They simply do something else. DDO is approaching 8 years old. The old time players spent a lot of money. Most new players are F2P and spend a bit here and there to buy quests. Losing long time vet and paying customers is good for DDO? Economics.

Like many have mentions before, if Turbine acted earlier could have prevented damage. Now trying to put out fires.

If there's another bug like this in the future, guess what, people are still going to use it. And the people who are 'taught' a lesson left.

Turbine is shooting themselves in the foot.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by soloist12 View Post
    A few dupers won't end DDO, the devs are already on it.
    Its a lot more than a few. People who spent a lot of money.
    DDO doesn't be iciest from the F2P people who occasionally buy stuff once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    it hurts me the most.

Nobody will hjeal meh.

I need a hug.

And a cookie.
    You have regen, troll! Use it!
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

DDO had a good run.
    less cheaters on the game, more fair play.

win/win

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast