Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 101
  1. #41
    Community Member jonqrandom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    that's going in my sig. made my day
    http://captiongenerator.com/8795/ddo-u20changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    Having a clue about what you're talking about is not a prerequisite of posting on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Think of it as trolling by not trolling.

  2. #42
    Community Member Ryiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sha123 View Post
    It seems, your the one whining to have it changed, along with whole heart of wood system with your hippy friends.
    Better to be a hippy than a very fail troll. Take a lesson from those who do troll successfully and actually be one of the first. It has been days now since the trolling began. You're very late to the party.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

  3. #43
    Community Member Robai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Orien
    Posts
    1,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Hahaha, that's the best thing I've ever seen on these forums!
    You nailed it man.
    Devs must see it!

  4. #44
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    467

    Default

    the op obviously doesnt realize that wb/turbine is in the buisness of selling fun

    what is fun is different for each person

    if we have fun turbine has earned the money we give them,if we dont have fun then they havnt and we take our buisness elsewhere

    turbine knows this even if the op doesnt.....what turbine doesnt really know is what we consider fun

  5. #45
    Community Member jonqrandom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sha123 View Post
    This whole concept of being able to reincarnate using tokens/Valour earned from another character is just ridiculous. Every player that wants to reincarnate a particular toon "Must" play that toon. What we have now is a lot of lv 28s parked for farming tokens while they keep spamming TR on another toon.
    i said these threads didn't already exist, but nice try. here, have a gold star for your effort.

    didn't quite work out how you hoped, huh? still, you've got plenty of attention, so i expect you'll be happy
    http://captiongenerator.com/8795/ddo-u20changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    Having a clue about what you're talking about is not a prerequisite of posting on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Think of it as trolling by not trolling.

  6. #46
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Better to be a hippy than a very fail troll. Take a lesson from those who do troll successfully and actually be one of the first. It has been days now since the trolling began. You're very late to the party.
    Game should not be catered to hippies. If you don't like it, then go away.

  7. #47
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sha123 View Post
    The main problem with ur argument is that where is the limit ur main can help your main? If your main can farm tokens for your alt to tr, then using ur argument, why not just remove power level mechanism entirely and i'll use my lv 28 to power lvl my alts from 1-20.
    Thats the problem with your argument then too, because when Im using my main to farm for alts im not earning anything on my main.

    Its still a non issue in a game where raw XP is literally sold right in the store. Youre carrying on about farming XP on an alt? If people dont want to farm it on their main they arent going to log onto an alt to do it, they will buy it straight out of the DDO store. This is what Turbine is trying to do with the hearts here. THey are nerfing ease of acquisition in order to get more people to pay up. Business 101, embrace it.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  8. #48
    Hero
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    This is fantastic! The comment at 3:44 is classic! Well done!

  9. #49
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericrd View Post
    the op obviously doesnt realize that wb/turbine is in the buisness of selling fun

    what is fun is different for each person

    if we have fun turbine has earned the money we give them,if we dont have fun then they havnt and we take our buisness elsewhere

    turbine knows this even if the op doesnt.....what turbine doesnt really know is what we consider fun
    WOW, so you think just because you pay for it, Turbine must react to all ur whims? Time to get real.

  10. #50
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sha123 View Post
    Nah your point makes no sense. If you don't want to play your character then don't make one, it's as simple as that. Using a main to farm tokens for your alt is the same as being power leveled by another toon. If that is what you want, then might as well take away the level penalty for all quests, and i will use my main to farm exp for my alt from lv 1-20.
    DDO has a 4 year history now of having BTA items. The old world epic stuff can be farmed completely on another alt. You keep talking about needing to play the toon you want the xp and gear on, which hasnt been how DDO works since 2009. Youre argument is 4 years late.

    TR leveling builds and endgame builds are optimized 2 completely different ways. Forcing players to have to play a leveling build in epics makes no sense for anyone who understands how DDO works, and has worked for 4 years now.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  11. #51
    2015 DDO Players Council B0ltdrag0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sha123 View Post
    WOW, so you think just because you pay for it, Turbine must react to all ur whims? Time to get real.
    You seem to think that work you put into the game should only be rewarded if it done the way you want it to be done.

    Work is work. If I farm tokens on one character I have put in the work for the item, regardless of which toon I use the heart with, I worked hard to get a character to the point where it can farm for tokens, I do the work each day to get tokens. If I wanted that (TRing) toon to play in epics I wouldn't be heroic TRing it every time I reach 20, I'd be working toward cap where it would sit not doing anything because the game has massively hurt raids and any sort of fun grouping at its highest levels, with things like sagas, and subpar quests/loot systems.
    Officer of Renowned

  12. #52
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sha123 View Post
    WOW, so you think just because you pay for it, Turbine must react to all ur whims? Time to get real.
    rocky doesnt get it

  13. #53
    Community Member jonqrandom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    313

    Default

    In This Thread:
    http://captiongenerator.com/8795/ddo-u20changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    Having a clue about what you're talking about is not a prerequisite of posting on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Think of it as trolling by not trolling.

  14. #54
    Community Member Atremus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Aegis
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sha123 View Post
    Change is coming whether you like it or not. Instead of whining about it, embrace it.
    Embracing a skunk isn't wise
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

    “A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

  15. #55
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Thats the problem with your argument then too, because when Im using my main to farm for alts im not earning anything on my main.

    Its still a non issue in a game where raw XP is literally sold right in the store. Youre carrying on about farming XP on an alt? If people dont want to farm it on their main they arent going to log onto an alt to do it, they will buy it straight out of the DDO store. This is what Turbine is trying to do with the hearts here. THey are nerfing ease of acquisition in order to get more people to pay up. Business 101, embrace it.
    You are making a huge assumption that "people would not TR." Those people willing to spam points on exp pots and stone can also easily afford an extra heart of wood if they are desperate to TR. Those that just use farmed points and not buy exp pots might be pushed to buy a heart of wood also. Hence, your argument is flawed.

  16. #56
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sha123 View Post
    You are making a huge assumption that "people would not TR." Those people willing to spam points on exp pots and stone can also easily afford an extra heart of wood if they are desperate to TR. Those that just use farmed points and not buy exp pots might be pushed to buy a heart of wood also. Hence, your argument is flawed.
    Its not an assumption, it is business 101. Some people will pay to circumvent designed irritation. They wont pay for designed irritation.

    Your stance is the one that is flawed, thinking that shrinking the number of TRs is going to make more profit.

    BTC was done away with more than 4 years ago because it was flawed in an of itself, due to the fact that optimal 1-20 leveling builds and optimal end game builds are not the same thing. Forcing people to play a leveling build past the point where they wanted to TR it, is just as poor of a design decision as making epic Xp disappear. Turbine quickly waffled on that one too when they saw how small the pool of support was for that.
    Last edited by Chai; 10-24-2013 at 10:14 AM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  17. #57
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Its not an assumption, it is business 101. Some people will pay to circumvent designed irritation. They wont pay for designed irritation.
    Heavy cash shoppers will buy a heart no matter what the situation is and continue spamming on pots. Prem players will continue to use their earned points and could even be pushed into buying a heart to speed their progress. Not a big diff. You are also assuming that every pot bought by most people is using real cash. Pots are extremely cheap and easy to farm for it. Moreover, pots are used mainly for farming huge exp quests only, not some random trash. Hence, you don't need a lot of pots to cap, which reduces the impact of your argument of making money only through pots.
    Last edited by sha123; 10-24-2013 at 10:19 AM.

  18. #58
    Community Member Bolo_Grubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sha123 View Post
    This whole concept of being able to reincarnate using tokens/Valour earned from another character is just ridiculous. Every player that wants to reincarnate a particular toon "Must" play that toon. What we have now is a lot of lv 28s parked for farming tokens while they keep spamming TR on another toon.

    wow
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

  19. #59
    Community Member Ryiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sha123 View Post
    Heavy cash shoppers will buy a heart no matter what the situation is and continue spamming on pots.
    Now look who is the one making assumptions.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

  20. #60
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Now look who is the one making assumptions.
    The possibility of having a heavy cash shopper base is more likely true then assuming that every EXP pot bought is through real cash instead of earned points.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload