Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Default "things are wrong with DDO and they banned exploiters too!!! amiright?!" threads

Seriously many of us dislike the destructive changes Turbine has been haphazardly stumbling from lately; one to the next, like a drunk guy in a 7-11 knocking over the candy rack, only to bounce over and fall into the potato chips.

Please don't try to tie your exploit vacation into "things that are wrong with DDO" to curry sympathy from non-fanboys and transparently seek approval of those who don't like how poorly the Dev's have been steering the ship. You're trying to coat tail, and it's rather sad.

Oh and stop pretending that if they had only warned you ahead of time everything would be okay. You were giggling about only getting a 2 week vacation, many of you were bragging about it you know where, now oppsie maybe another couple weeks wipes the smug self congratulatory smile off your face.

Indeed many of you are probably nervous... if they extended your vacation by 2 weeks that means you were possibly one of the more egregious exploiters they mentioned. Possibly they are still considering perma bans for the worst, maybe they are paying attention to IP's and correlating static IP's with Vacationed accounts that suddenly pop up on a fresh new account specifically to mess themselves on the forum in front of everyone. So instead of trying to self justify, perhaps just sit around nervously for another couple weeks and see if you don't get perma'd.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

/signed
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Yeah I guess, they got tempted they couldn't resist so they can take it like a man..............be a man!!!! do the right thing!!!!

But turbine isn't 100% free of blame with what has happened. All the mistakes and silence/ turning a blind eye to these sorts of things in the past has made this situation worse. It doesn't absolve the people who duped of blame but it is something that can validly be put on the list of things that hasn't been going well with the game lately.

Community Member

exploit management could be far better from Turbine...

oh well and its so cruel to ADD 2 more weeks...LOL...cruel and funny
    I had to check khortos and harbor to see if i can still find all that new ppl named 'wellworthit', 'seeyain2w', 'bebacksoon'...

Quote Originally Posted by Njohrd View Post

I had to check khortos and harbor to see if i can still find all that new ppl named 'wellworthit', 'seeyain2w', 'bebacksoon'...
    lol, That would be interesting, maybe some are sitting on a bridge on wayfinder? on their new accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Njohrd View Post

I find it a hilarious coincidence (or is it?) that the exploiters will now miss out on the free Mabar stuff
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    I find it a hilarious coincidence (or is it?) that the exploiters will now miss out on the free Mabar stuff
    From what I've seen, exploits are known by power gamers. They tend to have lots of +5's.

And any power gamer that needs +1 to X stat is sad.
    Anyway, +6's will be in the store around christmas. Just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Anyway, +6's will be in the store around christmas. Just wait.
    Quoted for the truth. We all know in our heart of hearts that +6's are right around the corner.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

We all lack intelligence to comperhend why, holy devs, in their infite wisdom even createt bug like that, and why they took no action for extended period of time to fix it, until it spread like locus swarm.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    We all lack intelligence to comperhend why, holy devs, in their infite wisdom even createt bug like that, and why they took no action for extended period of time to fix it, until it spread like locus swarm.
    I will take a stab......sell more shards and bags? Ok I should run along and put my tinfoil hat back on.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    I will take a stab......sell more shards and bags? Ok I should run along and put my tinfoil hat back on.
    Maybe I'm special, maybe I'm stupid, but IMO first person/people punished should be those devs that created this bug and ignored all reports about it.
    Unless of course this was planned from start to finish, then I take it bag.

Community Member legendkilleroll's Avatar

I duped, not as much as others, got banned, i was wrong to do it and am now being punished

But you guys, your not gonna get free TP for siding with turbine, they should have took servers down asap they didnt and things just got worse

Maybe I'm special, maybe I'm stupid, but IMO first person/people punished should be those devs that created this bug and ignored all reports about it.
    Unless of course this was planned from start to finish, then I take it bag.
    Tinfoil hat comment was aimed at myself, I can be quite cynical I admit.

This doesn't require great intelligence to work out, just that people stop acting willfully ignorant to serve their own purposes. First, Turbine lacks both infinite wisdom and infinite resources. From the time a bug is first reported it is going to take an investment of time and resources to fix. Someone needs to authorize the resources, someone then has to identify the cause, then someone has to code a fix, test the fix, and then implement it. Lacking infinite resources, this honestly takes a significant amount of time especially when they have a ton of other priorities to juggle, don't kid yourself. Now, lacking infinite wisdom someone at Turbine, probably not one of the programming teams, sets deadlines to get things live come hell or high water. All they probably worry about is the lost revenue an extended down-time to fix the problem would entail. We can qualify that as a bad decision on Turbine's part and they've paid the price in terms of a damaged economy and eroded player trust in their exploit management (yet again).

As to the exploiters, you also made a bad decision. Exploiters saw in the past that exploits don't get punished often. Sure, Turbine helped create an environment where this is the case, but that doesn't absolve exploiters. So stop acting willfully ignorant about why when engaging in what to any sensible person was a clear exploit, that exploiters might suffer consequences. Exploiters gambled on suffering none, past experience showed they might get away with it. But they were wrong this time. What would honestly have been worse in my opinion is if they were right. If yet again, the breakdown on Turbine's end further encouraged people to willfully engage in exploits. What would have been even better is if barring all the failures on Turbines part in this debacle, exploiters had possessed the stones to simply not treat this like an opportunity to pop in a Nintendo game genie and distort the game environment for their own personal amusement.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleus View Post
    This doesn't require great intelligence to work out, just that people stop acting willfully ignorant to serve their own purposes. First, Turbine lacks both infinite wisdom and infinite resources. From the time a bug is first reported it is going to take an investment of time and resources to fix. Someone needs to authorize the resources, someone then has to identify the cause, then someone has to code a fix, test the fix, and then implement it. Lacking infinite resources, this honestly takes a significant amount of time especially when they have a ton of other priorities to juggle, don't kid yourself. Now, lacking infinite wisdom someone at Turbine, probably not one of the programming teams, sets deadlines to get things live come hell or high water. All they probably worry about is the lost revenue an extended down-time to fix the problem would entail. We can qualify that as a bad decision on Turbine's part and they've paid the price in terms of a damaged economy and eroded player trust in their exploit management (yet again).

As to the exploiters, you also made a bad decision. Exploiters saw in the past that exploits don't get punished often. Sure, Turbine helped create an environment where this is the case, but that doesn't absolve exploiters. So stop acting willfully ignorant about why when engaging in what to any sensible person was a clear exploit, that exploiters might suffer consequences. Exploiters gambled on suffering none, past experience showed they might get away with it. But they were wrong this time. What would honestly have been worse in my opinion is if they were right. If yet again, the breakdown on Turbine's end further encouraged people to willfully engage in exploits. What would have been even better is if barring all the failures on Turbines part in this debacle, exploiters had possessed the stones to simply not treat this like an opportunity to pop in a Nintendo game genie and distort the game environment for their own personal amusement.
    thanks for quite reasonable post. i couldnt disagree with it. i m still thinking there was way to prevent crash by closing auction houses lot faster than it was done - and it obviously could be done wo any fix or downtime needed.In our country there s saying Opportunity makes a thief - this time the opportunity was long enough to make lot of them.

Community Member

I am glad to see Turbine taking these exploits seriously.

I am not wishing anything bad on anyone, but these exploits absolutely ruin the game economy so I don't think a slap on the wrist is appropriate either.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

...and Eve then said to God, "It's all your fault for making that apple in the first place!"
    There is no free lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnhelm View Post
    ...and Eve then said to God, "It's all your fault for making that apple in the first place!"
    heh, good one well played, Sir.

Was the apple in garden of Eden bug or feature?

I m playing this game to have fun...not to be tested. at least not so much and so often

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast