Community Member

Default fleshie sorc question.

How can i tr my arti into a viable fleshie sorc? do i need to go halfling for the dm's? i generally prefer human but i am considering drow. i know sorcs lost the wand/scroll mastery so should i use the lr20 for a cleric past life feat? another option im considering is 18 sorc 2 pally and the 3 extra lay on hands enhancements. Any ideas from people running fleshies?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by evilgijoe View Post
    How can i tr my arti into a viable fleshie sorc? do i need to go halfling for the dm's? i generally prefer human but i am considering drow. i know sorcs lost the wand/scroll mastery so should i use the lr20 for a cleric past life feat? another option im considering is 18 sorc 2 pally and the 3 extra lay on hands enhancements. Any ideas from people running fleshies?
    Hey.

From level 20 on, you will definitely want to use Cocoon.

Untill then - 2 levels of paladin work, yes.
    Splashing some divine caster levels should help as well, another way is Helf with dilletante.

Halfling, while posible, is not a good solution in my book.

As sorc, you should be capable of boosting your UMD enough (with items/GH/spend points in UMD, pure Charisma bonus) to be eventually capable of UMDing heal scrolls. When that happen, you are set. So, if you can boost up your charisma AND get some UMD/char based skills items, then add GH (and possibly elite MotU mask) and go with heal scrolls.

Community Member

18 sorc/2 rogue gives you evasion, UMD as a class skill, and wand mastery. If wand/scroll whipping with WSM was enough before, that gives you what you're missing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    18 caster/2 rogue gives you evasion, UMD as a class skill, and wand mastery. Sorc gives you CHA, for more UMD....Wiz gives you INT for more skill points, you could trap maybe too. If wand/scroll whipping with WSM was enough before, that gives you what you're missing.
    The new Eldritch Knight PRE has Wand/Scroll Mastery in the 2nd row (Level 2 Sorc or Wiz, 3 ranks available, 1 point per rank, +25% per rank)
    It is part of Flaming Train Wreck that is Update 20 so who knows if/when it goes live, but it is there.

Community Member

Thank you, you guys are awesome and have been super helpful. Pally with back up umd is what im leaning to

Half-Elf can get you the FvS dilettante feat, which lets you use Cure Wands and Heal Scrolls.

I have a human sorc, her 2nd sorc life, and all I do is Cure Serious pots and UMD.

If you kill it fast enough and keep moving, it's enough. Thankfully, Sorcs are all kinds of mad DPS for heroic lives, so generally she's ok. She does still die on occasion ... most usually from a trip, trap or moron at the keyboard.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

Default pally lvls

Pally lvls are really completely unneccessary as far as healing goes. Youll be able to umd heal scrolls easily as full sorc. However, the saves are pretty epic.

Only advice i would give beyond others is since you dont have the past lives to help, go elf for the added spell pen, espicially if you take 2 pal lvls.

My pure drow sorc uses pots in combat and heal scrolls out of combat.

Prior to getting the UMD to reliably cast heal scrolls, I used pots in combat and wands out of combat since they're cheaper.

I wouldn't go elf personally. Spell resistance isn't a factor for most of the spells a direct damage type sorc will be tossing around. It's more critical for wizards on their insta-kills.

I did other way around -- TR's a sorc into artificer , but first life was pretty much what people on this thread have described. Half-elf, Pal 2/Sor 18, FvS dilettante. Was quite successful.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Some thoughts :

- With maxed charisma a UMD item (switch) and a Charisma skills (GS ?) item u can get enough UMD to scroll heals by 16-17 - before ? pots and wands and kill everything before they hurt you too much !
    - The dragonmark can be another option (you can maximize/empower it if I remember correctly)
    - You can even use hires if you're not in a pure byoh logic

- I'm going 16 sorc 2 monk 2 pally but that's just a life to 20 and TR immediately
    - I wouldn't aggree with the spell pen thingie. Unless you wanna play yoiur sorc as a wizz
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    18 sorc/2 rogue gives you evasion, UMD as a class skill, and wand mastery. If wand/scroll whipping with WSM was enough before, that gives you what you're missing.
    This is exactly what I have. 2nd life sorc 18/2 rogue (both lives) earth savant.

Something silly like 135% heal scroll UMD and 115% Resurection scroll UMD (at level 25 though)...I will post more info later tonight when I get home with screenshots and stuff of stats and gear.

I am not the greatest at making builds, but I love this toon, it's my go to main toon for CITW and FOT RAIDs with my guild and I usualy am top 3 in kills and can do some backup up healing /resurection as needed. I don't run EE (never have done any quests at that setting), I usualy run Normal or Hard at level solo with a hire when questing and rarely die.

Like many said, kill it before it kills you.

Mine was a drow on her first life (yeah yeah I know .... shut it! ).

Seriously though she CRUSHED Heroic from 1 to 20 and stayed Pure. She healed via hire when possible and posts, wand, scroll when not using cross class UMD.

The biggest thing to figure out is that you need to keep mobile and learn to spot cast as in cast your spell on a spot not a MOB so that you can laydown debuff / CC effectively and lure the poor bastards into your spell point hell storm.

She's since Tr'd through 2 wizard lives and is on her 3rd (all PM) now and has her destinies maxed and I am just trying to figure out if I should do a FvS life or a couple or 3 cleric ones. I will probably go cleric as the CC DC boost will be handy and if I stay elf with 3 wizard past lives my spell pen should be just fine.

Don't let them tell you the spell pen isn't needed though, if they resist your spells then you need to hjeal! If they don't they are dead before they get to you!

=)

Community Member

Default spell pen

Dps only sorcs are definitely an option, and if that's how youre going spell pen is of no importance. However saying that using spell pen requitring spells when needed is "playing like a wiz" is just goofy. There is no reason to limit your options unnecessarily.

Sorcs are gonna have more spell slots than worthwhile dps spells to fill them, especially with sla options. May as well use them effectively.