Community Member

Default These forums are a joke anymore

I for one have decided not to contribute anymore threads or responses on the forums. Let me explain...

I always believed that an MMOs forum is a great resource where the community can discuss strategy, barter, recruit, rationally discuss bugs or make and discuss possible game design considerations. I have notice that over the last few years that you have a few self-proclaimed elitists that comment on everyone's post and bully the opinion of the community. I have largely ignored the posters who have more than 1000 posts per year, but the recent events of seeing so many deciding that whining and threatening to quit over u20 as it stands on Lamania is ridiculous. I am ashamed to be a part of this community. I love this game and will continue to play it until I am no longer entertained by it. But I will choose not to become part of the voice on these forums any longer, because it is largely NOT the consensus of this games audience, nor the maturity level portrayed by those currently. I will continue to monitor Dev Tracker although.

"If you do this, I will quit." is rational and justified.
    "You proposed doing this, so I have quit." is silly.

I am, and have been, very critical and disapproving of the changes proposed on Lammania. I am actively voicing my concerns to the feedback on each pitfall of the proposed system. I will continue to try and help Turbine make a product that keeps me entertained and patronizing their business. I am by no means a fan-boy.

Removing your voice only hurts yourself and your future enjoyment, and gives the "bullies" what they want.

can I have your rep?

Community Member

Not that I would mind if you were telling the truth with that post but I think within two weeks you'll be posting again in the forums. Also thank you for the irony of you saying you'll quit the forums over other people saying they'll quit DDO.

As I said on Lammania do not let the door hit you on the way out. The majority opinion is generally static and boring - really it is the minority opinion when you can make things better.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

If you have an opinion, voice it. Regardless of agreement. Only way they'll get the whole picture.

I will say, you're right about the in-game attitude being more toned down. As they say: "The folks enjoying themselves are logged in.". Though that misses the corollary: Folks like myself, who avoid logging in angry so they don't leak their annoyance on friends, guildies, and pugs, are clients as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    I have largely ignored the posters who have more than 1000 posts per year
    Both join date and high post count are bad ways to determine the worth of a post. Anyone who judges a post based on those is probably being elitist.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 10-23-2013 at 05:05 PM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Hey, at least you can't get neg repped anymore.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

I for one have decided not to contribute anymore threads or responses on the forums. Let me explain...

I always believed that an MMOs forum is a great resource where the community can discuss strategy, barter, recruit, rationally discuss bugs or make and discuss possible game design considerations. I have notice that over the last few years that you have a few self-proclaimed elitists that comment on everyone's post and bully the opinion of the community. I have largely ignored the posters who have more than 1000 posts per year, but the recent events of seeing so many deciding that whining and threatening to quit over u20 as it stands on Lamania is ridiculous. I am ashamed to be a part of this community. I love this game and will continue to play it until I am no longer entertained by it. But I will choose not to become part of the voice on these forums any longer, because it is largely NOT the consensus of this games audience, nor the maturity level portrayed by those currently. I will continue to monitor Dev Tracker although.
    what does number of posts have to do with anything? some people are very active in discussions and they aren't trying to bully anything. we all have an opinion, but it doesn't necessarily mean its right. I do agree there are some self proclaimed elitists on the forums, but you can choose to ignore them. I started posting on the forums because I saw a lot of bad information and extreme cases of things happening in the game to be passed off as the norm so I speak from experiences and relay what I learn from players in the game to the forums.

explain whining and threatening? there are some who go over the top, but there are some who do not want to see DDO go down a road they think they will not like. people do throw tantrums and threats around a little too much thinking their voice is more important than any others, but sometimes talking things out helps to get a better understanding of whatever it is they are upset about or trying to work out a sensible alternative. the recent outburst on the forums is a major game changer that affects all of us. it is encouraged to voice an opinion, weather you agree with others or not, because sometimes the devs will take your opinion under advisement. this may be Turbines game, but we are the ones playing it and some of us are paying for it.

Community Member darkly_dreaming's Avatar

threatening to quit over u20 as it stands on Lamania
    While raging and whining are annoying, threatening to quit is a perfectly valid expression of dismay over a proposed change that the player (customer) does not like. Turbine is a business. Businesses are motivated by profit margins. Alienating customers and causing them to take their money elsewhere is not good for the bottom line (profits).

It's better for the customer AND the business for customers to make very clear (perferably before roll-out) that a product is bound for failure and will cause them to lose customers (profit).
    Goddess, you know it baybee!
    Zealotry ~ Zealot ~ Zeal ~ Chanteuse ~ Conceit : +5 to Sexterity, Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromuro View Post
    P.S: Besides Zealotry's voice is charming/mesmerizing and i bet she is a witch or a succubus disguised.

Lightbulb

I for one have decided not to contribute anymore threads or responses on the forums. Let me explain...I always believed that an MMOs forum is a great resource where the community can discuss strategy, barter, recruit, rationally discuss bugs or make and discuss possible game design considerations. I have notice that over the last few years that you have a few self-proclaimed elitists that comment on everyone's post and bully the opinion of the community. I have largely ignored the posters who have more than 1000 posts per year, but the recent events of seeing so many deciding that whining and threatening to quit over u20 as it stands on Lamania is ridiculous. I am ashamed to be a part of this community. I love this game and will continue to play it until I am no longer entertained by it. But I will choose not to become part of the voice on these forums any longer, because it is largely NOT the consensus of this games audience, nor the maturity level portrayed by those currently. I will continue to monitor Dev Tracker although.
    Rather than quit the forums altogether, you might try squelching/ignoring the people who annoy you with their tone, comments, overall persona, etc. I've done it, and it has GREATLY improved my Forum experience. Give it a try.Unrelated: this "black text on almost-black background" forum thing is horrible!!!! Time to install Firefox on this new computer. Uggg, this must have been what y'all were complaining about....
    "So maybe it's about time we all get a reality check and realize that if you raid, run epics, and have capped toons and worry about ED's TR's and all that jazz, you are a small part of the population of this game, a very small part in fact." -- Ungood

Posting a new thread to say you're not posting any new threads...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

People have different opinions to me and express them!!!!! ZOMG!!!!!! IM GOING TO WHINE AND QUIT!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TBot1234 View Post
    Rather than quit the forums altogether, you might try squelching/ignoring the people who annoy you with their tone, comments, overall persona, etc. I've done it, and it has GREATLY improved my Forum experience. Give it a try.
    Indeed. Not having to see the wealth of forumites who only come here to make peoples experience as miserable as possible makes a dramatic difference. Even nicer to find out some of them are getting banned! Hopefully more to come.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Anymore what?
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Hardcore player base + MMO with mainstream aspirations == hot oil + water

That's just nature, baby.

... I will choose not to become part of the voice on these forums any longer, because it is largely NOT the consensus of this games audience, nor the maturity level portrayed by those currently. I will continue to monitor Dev Tracker although.
    So you've decided to remove one more voice from the forums ... because the forums aren't "the voice of the consensus"?

Yeah. That makes sense. It's right up with "I won't vote anymore, because voting isn't representative of the will of the people!"

Some exploiter have nothing to do at the moment other than trolling on forums. Wait two weeks or a month, forum will get back to standard, after we all get over it and stop starting new duping exploit related threads. I think u20 related issues are still worth to discuss, for me I do not care at all about the changes.
    Last edited by morkahn82; 10-24-2013 at 02:46 AM.