Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    24

    Cool XP boost for 3BC

    Some quests may be getting a base xp boost. I scanned the list, hoping to see some of my favorite quests from Three Barrel Cove on the list.

    Devs, please consider giving 3BC a boost on your next pass. These are some great quests, but often hard to form a group for. Give us a reason to visit the cove (beyond the innate fun of running the quests).

    P.S.

    Yarrrrgh!

  2. #2
    Community Member ThomasHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    276

    Default 3BC Love

    Yeah, I really love this area. I love the wilderness area and the quests (excepting the puzzle one generally) and the named loot. I have hopes (not realistically) that 3BC would be the Upgrade Pack for 2014. They could build a new raid in there for folks that like raids and all of the named loot could get upgrades similar to GH.

    Yeah, I have such high hopes for 3BC!!!

  3. #3
    Community Member Zibowskij's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    205

    Default

    /signed

  4. #4
    The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,451

    Default

    Some of the quests are actually decent xp... except when you count in the run there.

    So, some should have more xp, but putting a tangle- or GH-style teleport guy out there would help cut down on travel time, at least beyond the first run. This would really help make 3BC more attractive.

    Seeting max level to 9 in area instead of 8 would help make it more friendly to streak runners (this is a common problem in areas).
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

  5. #5
    Community Member Fedora1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,957

    Default

    Yep I have always liked 3BC. They could use a boost, as they compete with Sentinals and Delara's/Necro which give better xp.

  6. #6
    Community Member kned225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Its really sad that one of the most beautiful wilderness areas in the game is almost universally ignored.

    Better loot didnt help and if they're counting on the xp curve changes to get players out there, its not gonna happen

    I would close the area and redevelop it as a higher level zone. Its too nice to throw away or let rot

  7. #7
    Community Member Panzermeyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Thelanis by way of Salt Lake City
    Posts
    713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadnettle View Post
    Some quests may be getting a base xp boost. I scanned the list, hoping to see some of my favorite quests from Three Barrel Cove on the list.

    Devs, please consider giving 3BC a boost on your next pass. These are some great quests, but often hard to form a group for. Give us a reason to visit the cove (beyond the innate fun of running the quests).

    P.S.

    Yarrrrgh!
    Honestly I am not sure the quests themselves need a boost in XP.

    They are already providing some good XP. Particularly the fire caves those are great XP at hidden gem of XP at level.

    I think where most people have the problem is the run out there.

    Picking up the quests should be in a non-explorer area to avoid draining a pot. And a teleporter to the far side of the island. I think you simply add those two things and you would see more people running the quests out there.
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

    Main
    Jelara Shannara - Morning Lord Warlock
    (TR XXI - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x3, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR XII - Epic Completionist - ItR III - PDK x3)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)


  8. #8
    Community Member Fedora1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kned225 View Post
    I would close the area and redevelop it as a higher level zone.
    Yeah I think there is just so much content at this level that is easier/more accessible that 3BC is kind of an after thought at best.

  9. #9
    Community Member ThomasHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    276

    Default Poll Up

    Lots of good ideas here (teleporter, expanding up a level, and/or expanding to new levels).

    Note that the devs put up a poll regarding 3BC. I must assume that there is plans of some sort for this area. WOOT!!

  10. #10
    Community Member Panzermeyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Thelanis by way of Salt Lake City
    Posts
    713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHunter View Post
    Lots of good ideas here (teleporter, expanding up a level, and/or expanding to new levels).

    Note that the devs put up a poll regarding 3BC. I must assume that there is plans of some sort for this area. WOOT!!
    Where is this poll?
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

    Main
    Jelara Shannara - Morning Lord Warlock
    (TR XXI - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x3, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR XII - Epic Completionist - ItR III - PDK x3)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)


  11. #11
    Community Member Panzermeyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Thelanis by way of Salt Lake City
    Posts
    713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Yeah I think there is just so much content at this level that is easier/more accessible that 3BC is kind of an after thought at best.
    I am not a fan or removing any content. Options are always good.

    Just turning this into Epic as well as Heroic is good enough. Leave the heroic and make Epic versions as well.
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

    Main
    Jelara Shannara - Morning Lord Warlock
    (TR XXI - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x3, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR XII - Epic Completionist - ItR III - PDK x3)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)


  12. #12
    Community Member Coyopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHunter View Post
    Yeah, I really love this area. I love the wilderness area and the quests (excepting the puzzle one generally) and the named loot. I have hopes (not realistically) that 3BC would be the Upgrade Pack for 2014. They could build a new raid in there for folks that like raids and all of the named loot could get upgrades similar to GH.

    Yeah, I have such high hopes for 3BC!!!
    You just need to run Ghost of a Chance more, then. I love that quest. The experience in that quest is pretty good if you take the time to do the puzzle. I have done it enough that I now have it about 80 or 90 percent memorized and even the bits I don't have fully memorized I can look at and know that it is wrong.

  13. #13
    Community Member Coyopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Yep I have always liked 3BC. They could use a boost, as they compete with Sentinals and Delara's/Necro which give better xp.
    I always run 3BC. I don't always get to run *all* of it, especially on a first life character. However, I tend to bank levels and I tend to run quests when I am at level for elite. So, this gives me plenty of time to run Sentinels, Delera's, and 3BC. Of course, different people play different ways. So, I can see where many people miss out on 3BC.

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Don't worry, there'll be a huge boost to people running 3BC now they're front-loading the XP more (which I think is a good thing). Right now, I find I have every intention of visiting 3BC occasionally, but there are so many more easy-to-get-to quests that I'm hard-capped on XP in that range before I know it, and once again my vague plans of killing pirates go out of the window. With much more XP soon to be needed in that level range, there'll be a 3BC resurgence even if they leave everything about it completely untouched.
    I'm a snuggly, fluffy, cuddly-wuddly little rabbit.

    And if you call me a gamer grrrrl, I will reach down your throat, rip out your pancreas and feed it to my Rottweiler.

  15. #15
    2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pooklebunny View Post
    Don't worry, there'll be a huge boost to people running 3BC now they're front-loading the XP more (which I think is a good thing). Right now, I find I have every intention of visiting 3BC occasionally, but there are so many more easy-to-get-to quests that I'm hard-capped on XP in that range before I know it, and once again my vague plans of killing pirates go out of the window. With much more XP soon to be needed in that level range, there'll be a 3BC resurgence even if they leave everything about it completely untouched.
    I think so too depending how much the front load is. it takes just as long to run to quests in GH, Necro IV and Vale, but people don't usually complain having to make the run because of the xp. they also don't complain because there are no quests outside the ship portal like there is for quests in 3BC level range. what typically happens in a group, after every GH, Necro IV and Vale quest is that the group runs back to the ship to rebuff and run back out to the next quest waiting on stragglers. in 3BC, I can complete 2-3 quests in the first hour before ship buffs are gone and only have to run back out later on for the next higher level quests when I am a higher level. in other words, at 7 I do all the level 5's. at 8 I do all the level 6's. with 15-20% striders that are very easy to get, plus haste pots, ill deal with the 3 minutes it takes to get to Fire Caves and Scoundrels Run, which are the furthest quests away from wilderness entrance. so a total of 4 minutes from ship portal.
    Gary Gygax quotes

    The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience.

    There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you are involved in, whether its a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things.

    Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, its not a game.

    When AI approximates Machine Intelligence, than many online and computer run RPGs will move toward actual RPG activity. Nonetheless, that will not replace the experience of "being there" anymore than seeing a theatrical motion picture can replace the stage play.

    The secret we should never let the game masters know is that they don't need any rules.

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I think so too depending how much the front load is.
    Based on current Lam numbers (current live XP in parentheses)...

    1st life L5: 112,000 (90,000)
    2nd life L5: 168,000 (104,250)
    3rd life L5: 224,000 (118,500)

    1st life L6: 160,000 (140,000)
    2nd life L6: 240,000 (166,750)
    3rd life L6: 320,000 (193,500)

    1st life L7: 225,000 (200,000)
    2nd life L7: 337,500 (244,750)
    3rd life L7: 450,000 (289,500)

    1st life L8: 305,000 (270,000)
    2nd life L8: 457,500 (339,250)
    3rd life L8: 610,000 (408,500)

    So, it's a lot more; in excess of 50% more for a 3rd-life toon at L7 although it tails off thereafter (of course) because the overall XP requirement for later lives has been cut. I'm pretty happy about it, and I note that the curve changes very differently for later-life toons than it does for first-life; a very wise move if they're not to put new players off achieving higher (and therefore "spending-money") levels. All in all, as 3BC XP is actually not bad once you get there, I fully expect TR's to be throwing up groups for it, which should in turn get more first-life/new players into the content as VIP's will have a vested interest into encouraging people to buy the pack
    I'm a snuggly, fluffy, cuddly-wuddly little rabbit.

    And if you call me a gamer grrrrl, I will reach down your throat, rip out your pancreas and feed it to my Rottweiler.

  17. #17
    Community Member redoubt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panzermeyer View Post
    Honestly I am not sure the quests themselves need a boost in XP.

    They are already providing some good XP. Particularly the fire caves those are great XP at hidden gem of XP at level.

    I think where most people have the problem is the run out there.

    Picking up the quests should be in a non-explorer area to avoid draining a pot. And a teleporter to the far side of the island. I think you simply add those two things and you would see more people running the quests out there.
    Would boosting the xp in the quest make the run too them seem more worth it?
    /sigh

  18. #18
    Community Member Panzermeyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Thelanis by way of Salt Lake City
    Posts
    713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    Would boosting the xp in the quest make the run too them seem more worth it?
    Yes it would since there are so many XP hounds.

    But a farshifter out to the other side of the island would also accomplish the same thing.
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

    Main
    Jelara Shannara - Morning Lord Warlock
    (TR XXI - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x3, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR XII - Epic Completionist - ItR III - PDK x3)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload