I keep reading these posts regarding the changes to HoW, Tokens, Comms, etc., and Turbine officials asking for specific feedback. I like several of the proposals from my fellow players, but I can't help but wonder:
What problem is Turbine trying to solve?
This all seems like we're playing Battleship, randomly guessing and trying to hit an unknown target. What is Turbine really trying to accomplish? If they cannot be honest with us and share their motivation for these changes, we cannot know if our proposals can accomplish whatever it is they're trying to do.
We can guess what their motivation is (and MANY have done so), with ideas like:
- Introduce changes to keep the game "fresh".
- Balance the acquisition of TR materials among all levels of player skill.
- Scale acquisition of TR materials for Heroic, Iconic, & Epic.
- Phase out Tokens because of duping exploit.
- Push players to purchase new content.
- Push players to purchase TR materials.
- Force characters to farm their own TR materials (rather than trade them from another toon).
- Do something to satisfy some arbitrary/unknown directive from parent company.
- Deliberately sabotage the game mechanics to drive away certain segment of game players.
Now, I'm not saying I agree with any or all of these, or even think some are at all likely; I'm just offering a representative sampling from "reasonable" to "total conspiracy theory". However, without an official statement from Turbine, we're all firing blindly.
When evaluating proposals, you have to have some criteria set out. How does one judge and pick the best solution? We have a LOT of great minds in this community, and a LOT of proposals addressing the reincarnation/HoW/etc. problem, but without knowing the criteria, we have no way of knowing if our "best" proposed solutions are at all acceptable based on Turbine's needs.
LET US HELP YOU.