Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

While it touches on nothing that impacts my playstyle, it IS nice to see someone express their views without frothing at the mouth and acting like a sociopath as most on these forums are wont to do. Kudos.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kafrielveddicus View Post
    Totally Agree!!! I am devastated that clickies dont drop anymore, they expanded the game for all different types of builds, now everything is becoming cookie cutter!!!
    The real sad thing about the removal of clickies from gear is that I'm almost 100% positive it was done because the creation of Eternal Potions earlier this year. Eternal Potions were suppose to be the "next big thing" to revolutionize the game (like Challenges). The feedback was really good with the Eternal Potions, until players discovered that the all shared the same timer, then feedback for that single aspect was negative. Instead of allowing the cooldowns to be individual, it appears the Devs decided to just stop producing Eternal Potions. And I suspect the plan to remove clickies never got scrapped even though the replacement for it never appeared in the game. So it's another case of old system busted and new system never fully realized (which is very common in DDO).

Another example of this happening was the removal of Lifestealing Shards from Cannith Crafting because people put them on high crit weapons. The shards were suppose to return after they fixed them so they didn't work on high crit weapons, so apparenty on Vorpal strikes only. The shards never returned. And then the Devs turned around and added a bunch of high crit Life Stealing weapons. And now this update they are being nerfed. And still the Shard has never appeared in Cannith Crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    .. Second, and most importantly, it drives players to play more of the content. And it does so with rewards. I have heard a lot of complaining about this, but it is good for the game to have people running different quests instead of grinding the same ones. It is important that PUGs are available for more content. Solo-er and pure guild runners, it doesn't matter, but for PUGs, making mroe content available is important...
    I am good with your post on pretty much everything but this point. here we disagree drastically. There are some quests I absolutely hate running but will suffer through once for favor and a material I desire (Coal Chamber I am looking at you). But I will NOT suffer through that quest 5,10,30 times for a material I desire I just won't.

This has a far more likely outcome of driving people (who want to TR) out of the game OR deeper into static / guild / channel groups because they don't want to have to spend a second longer in those quests that they deem completely un-fun than they have to and the sure as the Twelve don't want to have to run the thing an extra time because people wiped.

Since they hate those quests but will still need to run it they are going to probably want to run on Hard as a minimum of likely Elite just to keep the number of times you need to slog through it down.

This doesn't even take into account someone who's got an LFM up for a chain in the saga you have already completed.

Sorry but on paper it might look like you will get more LFM's and maybe you will but they will be harder to find one that matches you.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luxgolg View Post
    THAT post deserves the Hall of Fame. No rage, no name calling...and explains the points the community has been screaming about for far too long.
    OH, I hope they read it and take it to heart. If they can't see the logic therein, it's time to TR the management team and boost their int & diplo a couple notches.
    If you're not 'Burdened' without ship buffs, you didn't build your dex-based rogue right!

"... mark my words -- if you trust that lunatic Coyle, you're digging your own grave."

Thumbs up

Spot on. Especially the part about loot being super-boring now.
    "The sword itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with swords."

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    The saga system achieves two extremely valid goals. First, it raises up that reward perspective without requiring digging into the individual aspects of all quests (not that digging wouldn't be helpful) in that it creates an even-ing effect on the rewards for quests. So, for example, Quest A has terrible rewards for running it, but by completing it you are now able to receive rewards at a later time. Second, and most importantly, it drives players to play more of the content. And it does so with rewards. I have heard a lot of complaining about this, but it is good for the game to have people running different quests instead of grinding the same ones. It is important that PUGs are available for more content. Solo-er and pure guild runners, it doesn't matter, but for PUGs, making mroe content available is important.
    I wouldn't call the Saga system a success by any means. At least on the servers I play on, certain parts of Saga's are avoided and done last. To the point that they run multiple quests in the same Saga before doing the last one once.

Nice post by fadingsun!

Community Member AestorTheKnight's Avatar

Yeah I agree with everything Faydingsun said too.
    So in everything, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Cannith: Arqa - Celduin - Gnossos - and others.

/signed...wow!

Thanks for tapping into the vein of the community so accurately and eloquently!

Sticky this puppy
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Community Member

Default I'm not one for "Me, too" type posts....

...but, well, "Me, too." :-)

Well-stated post. Thank you, Faydingsun.

Good post.

I really miss Primal, Spell Proofing, Thousand Suns, Desert Sand, Crusader and all the other fun ones.

Le Sigh
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

I would buy most of the things on that list, bank space, classes, races (gnomes, tieflings!) etc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12