Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question items wil be removed?

so theres a bug (I will not say which or how it works at all, will refer to it as 'it' only.) and from what I get if I made items out of bugged mats (red scales for example) it will be removed tomorrow. now thing is, I bought them on AH for quite a great price, before I knew it existed, and then people told me there was that thing. if the items will be removed (my epic red dragonscale robe ) will I get the 6 scales I had before I bought 14 to finish it, and will I get my money back? also, some people said that people who use it will be banned and\or punished. anyone knows what will happen in this case?
    Last edited by YoureDown; 10-23-2013 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YoureDown View Post
    so theres a bug (I will not say which or how it works at all, will refer to it as 'it' only.) and from what I get if I made items out of bugged mats (red scales for example) it will be removed tomorrow. now thing is, I bought them on AH for quite a great price, before I knew it existed, and then people told me there was that thing. if the items will be removed (my epic red dragonscale robe ) will I get the 6 scales I had before I bought 14 to finish it, and will I get my money back? also, some people said that people who use it will be banned and\or punished. anyone knows what will happen in this case?
    why they should be removed tomorrow? the fix patch ocurred weeks ago. from where are u taking all that nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenaps View Post
    why they should be removed tomorrow? the fix patch ocurred weeks ago. from where are u taking all that nonsense?
    quite a bit of people on sarlona told me that tomorrow's going to be a huge deletion of items created like that.

quite a bit of people on sarlona told me that tomorrow's going to be a huge deletion of items created like that.
    next time ask them to quote you a dev saying that.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Somebody has been naughty with rumors on S-Land again...

Edit : now that I think about it, it might be that a lot of people that earned vacations about it will be back tomorrow on S-Land and will find all their ill earned goods gone.
    Last edited by Flavilandile; 10-23-2013 at 05:57 AM.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

yeah I came here and asked this since I was kinda skeptical about it happening since no dev said that ever (at least not on forums or launcher). If we can get a dev to post an official response here it would be great. just to be 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Somebody has been naughty with rumors on S-Land again...

Edit : now that I think about it, it might be that a lot of people that earned vacations about it will be back tomorrow on S-Land and will find all their ill earned goods gone.

That's also possible, might have exploded from there like a broken phone.

Community Member

i think they may mean, ..."soon"...
    if life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
    if life gives you pickles, well you're screwed. because pickleade sucks.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Yeah I'm guessing some motivated individuals started some rumors to try and get people to "abandon" more large quantities of "stock" at ultra cheap prices, so they could snap them up.

Basically lots of these items were sold before they put a stop to it, many of them have been re-sold and bought up by what in the real world we might call speculators. That is people who think they can get a leg up on a temporarilly depressed product, that will increase in value once the large numbers are all either controled by a few mass buyers (cornering the market) or the large numbers are decreased significantly, leading to renewed demand, with the supply going back to normal (very little).

You see many players who are worried about already sold items being deleted are jettisoning those items at cheap prices because they think they're in a game of hot potato and don't want to have them in their inventory when they get deleted.

So a few people -- not me I would never do such a thing -- are snapping up the cheapest ones, knowing that these items will become more valuable again in relatively short order.

Now I seriously doubt Turbine is going to open up the giant wholesale box store pallet load of cans of worms that would be if they delete the soldgoods from the inventories of people who only purchased them.

I have no doubt that they have the theoretical technology to do it; but I've also no doubt that this gets extremely complicated when that money has been spent, respent spent again and again or items have been resold over and over... Basically so complicated that it's a birds nest that is not WORTH trying to unravel. This is to say nothing of people who bought shards from Turbine, so they could buy some ill gotten booty to squirrel away. They are not going to go down that road.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Sorry but I think they should delete all the illegal items no matter where they ended up and not be replaced sorry if anyone would lose cash but those items need to be gone and many who were buying them knew something was up when they bought them not everyone knew but enough to make them gone important.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Sorry but I think they should delete all the illegal items no matter where they ended up and not be replaced sorry if anyone would lose cash but those items need to be gone and many who were buying them knew something was up when they bought them not everyone knew but enough to make them gone important.
    So you're saying I should lose over a million pp, 6 scales that I had prior to me buying on AH some more, only because I saw some for cheap on AH, and did not know there was any bug at all. yeah, I really dont want you to run a PR of a company, that'd make me at least leave the game. remove the guys' who made the bugged items accounts, not those who had no idea whats going on until after.

Community Member

i heard that all gear will be replaced with items from hello kitty online

Quote Originally Posted by ericrd View Post
    That actually made me giggle! Bravo!

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    No chance... Someone who paid 20 or 30 dollars for astral shards and then bought a globe, and a few scales with it loses both the items and the shards...

Not only is it not going to happen, it's not even REMOTELY worth doing. The fix causes worse damage than the exploit did. The 14 day Bans are less punishment than the unknowing buyer who purchased 50 dollars worth of Shards from turbine to buy stuff only to have it deleted and no shards returned. LOL... no.
    Last edited by IronClan; 10-23-2013 at 11:14 AM.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Quote Originally Posted by ericrd View Post
    Well I bet the loot designer from HKO does a better job than the guy who made all the +1 redundant items of redundancy that we've had since the last update.

Community Member

If your account wasn't banned they aren't removing anything. I doubt they are targeting people that thought they were getting a bargain on the AH.

Sadly, not even all the exploiters were caught/banned. Some are still waiting to see if they will get a ban.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Some people who were banned are already back. I'm sure you'd have heard from them by now if they were standing naked on korthos beach.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...st#post5129901

This is the only dev post i could find in which it says items will be removed... from people who got banned.
    Mostly what Ironclan said, someone is spreading the rumour so there are cheaper prices in AH, i wont recommend you to panic with that rumour otherwise if AH/ASAH cracks again who knows what will happen. Just let it be they cant check every account in every server, its possible but maybe they will make us choose between u21 or deleting every illegal items lol
    Sarlona toons:

-Virial

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

(un)Official words from those that got banned ( you know where to find the source ) is that they came back with stacks of 3 instead of whatever size the stack was.

Items made from materials that appeared from Thin Air are still there.

The clearing was selective in what was reduced to a stack of 3 and what was not.

Now I'm just reporting it from what I read somewhere else, so take it with a grain of salt.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

I saw some peple discussing this trying to spread this rumor in some of the more popular channels on Sarlona. The origin of the rumor is questionable as far as factual information is concerned, so yeah, basically any blather I see on that is responded to with SSOIDH. I have yet to see a quote or a screenshot. Im also seeing claims that people were able to buy back their ill gotten goods. SSOIDH on that too.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

It is evident per tolero's posting that when the people come back from their forced vacation, buyback will be down until items expire.
    Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    I ran Where there is Smoke ELITE on a level 4, first life 28 hit point rogue, never TRd, no guild buffs, using a hireling cleric. One shotted two times at the first dog area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    Main toons on G-land: IronMunter, Iamhal, Mehhh, Dahh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast