Cool Bridge Trivia Event - ROUND THREE!

Howdy folks.

The past two Trivia Events were astoundingly super-fun, I thought we should - nay we have to - do it a third time! Once more unto the Bridge, dear friends!!!

Announcing Bridge Trivia Madness the Third!!!

Where: Wayfinder server, Marketplace 1

When: Wednesday, October 23rd at 7:00pm EST.

Why: To have fun, and raise our voices in protest!

Rules: To answer a question, please send me the answer as a /tell - so the answers are not shared. Following the /tell - you must also send me a /wave. This is important so their is a fair public time-stamp, so everyone can see the scoring is fair. The first person to both send me the proper answer and follow it up with a wave wins.

/tell followed by a /wave. It worked out great the past two times, even if I goofed a time or two. When that happened, and will if it happens tomorrow, was both players get the credit.
    IMPORTANT! If you decide to join Memnir the Dancing Bear in expressing the joy of Trivia by doing a /dance - the /wave will not work. Please, if you want to be answering questions, do not be dancing so you get full credit.

Prizes: Again, the prizes will be the knowledge that you bested me at my own game! Plus, an awesome postcard screenshot commemorating ALL the folks who had proper answers will be posted - allowing the winners to revel in their Trivia Glory!

Look for Memnir the Dancing Trivia Bear and his Glowing Flea on the Bridge tomorrow at 7:00pm EST!!! Trivia is a game best shared with a large and boisterous crowd!

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Your bear should still be the screenshot of the week imho.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

...Again, the prizes will be the knowledge that you bested me at my own game!...
    Are you...competing in this?

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    Are you...competing in this?
    I only get a point if I stump the collective audience... which has only happened twice in 60 questions so far.

As for me submitting the bear pic for Pic of the Week, nah. I'd rather get as large a crowd-shot of the Bridge as possible as a submission and see how that does.
    Last edited by Memnir; 10-23-2013 at 02:29 AM.

Got an idea for a Trivia Question? PM me!

I'll announce it as a Player Submitted Question, and include your forum or in-game name to be sure that you get credit for the submission. If you plan on being at the Trivia Event, however, all I ask is that you refrain from answering your own question. If you ARE at the event and I ask your question .... you will receive a point for it anyways.

Doing this because my wife and kids gave me some good questions to include last night, and in Trivia Round 2 I had a bonus question at the end which was submitted by an attendee. I'd like to include more of this, as my own questions can only take me so far, and after tonight I will have gathered a total of 90 questions. I could use a little help. lol

So, please - if you have a question you think would be a great addition to Trivia Night, PM me before 6:00pm EST so I can sort them and include them on my list before the event tonight.

Thanks folks! The DDO Community is simply the best.

Got an idea for a Trivia Question? PM me!
    What sort/genre of questions are acceptable? Are we sticking to D&D-related trivia or are there no limits?
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    What sort/genre of questions are acceptable? Are we sticking to D&D-related trivia or are there no limits?
    No limits.

In the last two Rounds, I've asked questions on: Pop Culture, Classic Movies, Quotable Quotes, alcoholic beverages, Sci-Fi, tabletop D&D, many aspects of DDO, science, and more.

I like to give as many people a shot in getting in answers as I can, so I want to offer as broad field of topics as possible.

Memnir, I have a terrible amount of respect for you to hold these trivia events, and continue to fuel/support the protest.

I truly hope that you are willing to keep it up. I would +1 you if I could. But, this is a F2P forum account for me.

Just happy to lend what support I can - and to help keep it as fun as possible.

Please keep the suggested questions coming.
    Got some good ones thus far!

What about personal computer / Mac lore? There's some really fun stuff there. :P

It's all fair game.

Community Member

Unhappy

Bah I never get to hang out with the cool kids, it's 8am Thursday here with work starting soon.

Trivia begins again in just under an hour and a half!

Trivia will start in just about 15 minutes.

Trivia Night 3 was awesome!

It was a bit smaller tonight, but still utterly fun. And I'll be honest - I made a few blunders tonight, including copy/paste errors giving away an answer and some minor factual errors. But hey - it's all in good fun. But, I think it's funny that Memnir's Mistakes chalked up the highest score I've ever gotten during one of these.

Tonight's Score is as follows:
    Stridsvagn 7, Levex 8, War 2, Bril 11, Testrion 1 ,Memnir's Mistakes 4, Memnir's Honest Points 1

I'll see if I can run a 4th round in the near future! Too. Much. Fun!

Community Member

No eleventy tonight!
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

Community Member

Thank you so much for running these even if the time difference is a lot
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

Quote Originally Posted by donblas View Post
    Thank you so much for running these even if the time difference is a lot
    Oh, it's my pleasure.
    Thank you, and everyone, for attending! Otherwise it would just be me talking to myself. Now, that can be fun... just not as fun.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I SO wish I could be there for these! But I do need SOME sleep... Blah!
    Thanks for doing it though

Greetz,
    Red Orm