Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Someone is going to have a heart attack one of these days

Just this last week I've been in groups where I heard people swearing at each other and yelling in caps 5 times. One guy deserved it because he was a crucial tank but off ears and not reading messages for some reason. The others were honest mistakes or just people trying but learning too. I don't know, sometimes it seems like a power trip almost. Grouping with some of these people is not a pleasant way to spend your free time and their seems to be more and more of them.

Increased grind does this in games.

Prior to True Reincarnation, DDO had the best community I'd seen in a cooperative PVE game.

Now, it's on par with WoW's community.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

People need to take a chill pill.............relax its just a game.......got enough stress to sometimes deal with in RL but some people play this game like its more important than RL.

Community Member

A lot of people don't care about the M for multiplayer in MMO. It's all about loot and XP to them. They just wanna zerg ahead and finish, and if you die you get left behind. How dare you cost them the survival xp bonus!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    We've got a long way to go before we plumb those depths.

Community Member

Prior to True Reincarnation, DDO had the best community I'd seen in a cooperative PVE game.

I'm gonna have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there...

I played WOW for 3 months (my brother talked me into it) and the horrible community there was one of the main reasons I stopped playing. About half of the time I actually grouped to run a dungeon I was insulted, demeaned, swore at, etc. Now, 95% percent of the people I run into on DDO are at worst neutral, but most are friendly. It is a rare gaming sessions that I run into a real arse. On WOW it was fairly normal. In fact, when I played WOW and I actually ran into someone who was helpful, I was shocked out of my mind. (I think it happened maybe once or twice...)
    -Taters
    Argonnessen: Catteras, Lukie, Totalle, Paularubia, Momentte, Complette, Malaena, Lethale, Tottalle
    Some clever quote is supposed to go here, right?

If people don't want to get yelled at all they need to do is stop being dumb.

And hjeal meh.

That's horse hockey. You're going to blame game design for people's behaviour towards each other?

Yeah, I'm not buying it. The folks I know who were nice 3 years ago are still nice today.

If a game turns a nice person into a d-bag, you need to stop playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    If people don't want to get yelled at all they need to do is stop being dumb.

And hjeal meh.
    I've heard some dumb people yelling. So maybe if they stopped being dumb, there would be less yelling. And this is a byoh topic.

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    That's horse hockey. You're going to blame game design for people's behaviour towards each other?

Yeah, I'm not buying it. The folks I know who were nice 3 years ago are still nice today.

If a game turns a nice person into a d-bag, you need to stop playing it.
    I was nice 5 years ago. When someone didn't know tricks to survive in Wiz-King, I'd show them some. I'd tell them where to get Heavy Fortification, how to mitigate the caster damage, and other useful tips.

I stopped being that nice somewhere between my 50th run of that quest and my 200th. Now I'm one of the people posting LFMs saying "6 speed runs, elitist jerks only", because I'm trying to get back to the levels my in-game friends play at.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Ever since it went F2P is when it started for me.

Prior to that, people that wanted to play DnD paid to do it. Mostly nice to each other.

F2P came, and anyone could play and anyone did, including the players that played WOW.

Consequently, that is when I went heavy into soloing. I needed to avoid the new player base.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Default fraps

You are supposed to Fraps that rage and post it for everyone to see! Then when they are done their rant spazz, you tell em you just recorded it and are uploading it to the forums and youtube. This usually sets em off on another self inducing heart palpitating rant from hell. The third and final major heart trauma comes from actually hearing themselves act like 10 year old spoiled brats upon viewing your awesome capture!

Fraps that shizznit next time!
    Born to play, Forced to work !

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post

Prior to that, people that wanted to play DnD paid to do it. Mostly nice to each other.

F2P came, and anyone could play and anyone did, including the players that played WOW.

Consequently, that is when I went heavy into soloing. I needed to avoid the new player base.
    But.........but im nice!!!! well most of the time......er yeah.

Community Member

i think things have actually gotten better...alot of the high maintenence players have rage quit

when i started this game i used to hear all kinds of abuse heaped on players...now thats a rare thing,which is a good thing

hearing someone insult someone else is not enjoyable at all,and since i play this game for enjoyment thats a big turnoff

I love the DDO community! you guys are the best <3

Quote Originally Posted by Adelair View Post
    A lot of people don't care about the M for multiplayer in MMO. It's all about loot and XP to them. They just wanna zerg ahead and finish, and if you die you get left behind. How dare you cost them the survival xp bonus!
    Those guys should consider run solo or in private group.

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post

Better than game shutdown.
    Last edited by morkahn82; 10-23-2013 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tothamoon View Post
    Just this last week I've been in groups where I heard people swearing at each other and yelling in caps 5 times. One guy deserved it because he was a crucial tank but off ears and not reading messages for some reason. The others were honest mistakes or just people trying but learning too. I don't know, sometimes it seems like a power trip almost. Grouping with some of these people is not a pleasant way to spend your free time and their seems to be more and more of them.
    Just drop group.

Sometimes you run across such people. No reason to get to know them.

eliteism is tough smtimes;Snappy players has me on defensive lately....Srry Lifelink,my type is small is why I misread
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 80Ghallanda /51 Sarlona

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loholt-UK View Post
    We've got a long way to go before we plumb those depths.
    To keep assuming such, and you will be there soon enough. And I don't mean a Turbine soon.

To rein such in now, and we will never reach that level.

I for one would like us to never reach such a level.

Quote Originally Posted by tothamoon View Post
    Sounds like every League of legends game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast