This really deserves its own thread. There has been a lot of discussion on the threads about what players want out of reincarnation and now that Glin has stepped up and given us the expectation that tokens of the twelve are indeed planning to be phased out, I thought I would put the best two points I have seen made concisely regarding this topic. I will give them credit where credit is due and elaborate on the points a bit.
- A lot of players love sagas for the tomes, the XP, and the guild renown. But many players don't. Don't force us to run sagas to TR (see more on this below).
- Shadowfell effects hurt the eyes. I've heard this so many times I cannot keep track of it. That alone is incentive for a large number of players not to run Wheloon.
- Through a Mirror Darkly is a lot like Inferno of the Damned, you either hate it or love it. Many players avoid Inferno as much as possible, only doing once on elite hoping to get the pieces they need for a sigil. It's an annoying quest for many.
- Dungeon scaling in Wheloon and Storm Horns is really insane. The number of mobs seem to increase exponentially with each player. If you're in a six-man group, even a well-built toon can have trouble navigating the area simply due to the sheer number of mobs with hamstrings and dungeon alert. If he gets left behind or if some players choose to teleport and others do not want to or do not have enough shards, there's little hope. Seriously, you go from having like 2-3 mobs for one player to 20-30 for a full group. It's auto-dungeon alert and it's annoying.
- Many of the new quests are just straight-forward run to the end and kill the boss. I could go into detail on each specific quest where there could be improvements but I've already offered my feedback during dev events on Lamannia and through bug reports.
- For players who don't like these quests you have four sagas which require Wheloon or Storm Horns quests. Considering their high-level, your stated goal of "a few hours" to gather commendations of valor to heroic TR is simply not realistic. Glin, you yourself said, "A quest can overlap two or more sagas. In the situation where a quest is in multiple sagas, you will receive completion credit for each saga, for example, completing “A stay at the Inn” from the Update 16 Adventure Pack will reward credit in 3 Saga’s (b, c, e above). In this way, you can complete 5 sagas by playing 36 quests, and various combinations within that scenario if you prefer to skip some content." How is that even remotely realistic for a level 20 toon who might only be specced for a level 1-18 life to get a past life to accomplish given that most of those 36 quests you mention are level 23+?
And because many, many, MANY players prefer to eschew epic content for now, or more or less indefinitely, make these commendations of valor Bound to ACCOUNT. Please!
Finally, and this has been brought up before as well, please give us a barter system to trade tokens of the twelve, greater tokens of the twelve, and token fragments for commendations of valor when you DO phase out the token system. Many players have put MANY hours in to questing for these. Don't let all that hard work go completely to waste.
Thank you for listening. I hope you respond to player feedback on this. We have told you quite clearly what we want and how we play the game and while there is a diversity of play styles, there is a pretty strong consensus about most of these issues, the king of which is BTA. Not everyone has alts to farm for heart of wood mats, but for those of us who do, we would very much like to think that these toons are worth something other than two "endgame" (I use that word loosely) raids which are 4 and 3 levels BEHIND the level cap.