Community Member

Default How to improve my Toon?

I'm new to all this. I don't know the meanings of some of the key words I'm hearing like "TR" and "3rd life rebuilds".
    I have a 25 lv Epic Monk and is Maxed out in one category of Epic Destiny.

What can I do next? Can some explain in simple and easy terms?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MistterED View Post
    I'm new to all this. I don't know the meanings of some of the key words I'm hearing like "TR" and "3rd life rebuilds".

Spend some time on the wiki to understand twist of fate, resurections, etc.

After that, it really depends what you wanna do:
    * improve your current life (monk) => go to lvl 28 for new feats, grind EDs for more versatility (twist of fate), farm EE/raid items
    * restart a new life with some benefits (a passive and an active feat) from previous life (TR). It's the opportunity to change your playstyle with other race/classes.
    * alter your build to something close (a few levels of "non monk" in your build) with a lower resurection.

You can also read famous builds on forums to see if something pleases you in term of gameplay, and try to have a minimal required gear....

Default TR = True reincarnation

Currently on live, you can spend Tokens of the Twelve, which you obtain from Epic quests, to gain a True drudic heart of Wood. This heart of wood is used in conjuncture with an NPC in House J to let you essentially reboot your character from level one, granting you a class feat that gives a small bonus in the process, letting you choose a new class/race (also, on second and third lives, you get more stat points upon character creation). You retain all your hard earned gear and Epic destiny XP, but XP and favor is reset to zero allowing you to play through the levels again. When you reach 20 again, you can then pick up where you left off with your EDs.

Coming with U20 are 2 new types of TR: epic and iconic.
    Epic True reincarnation (ETR) wipes Epic level xp, bringing you back to lv 20 and granting a feat.

It is a mechanic that I believe is exclusive to DDO; a genius one if you ask me

Hope that answered your questions. As above, the Wiki is a great source if you want to continue to read up on this stuff.
    Because DDO content is created by hand, some issues cannot be fixed with a global change. We must fix these issues one-by-one by hand with the help of bug reports. This includes:
    Ladder issues: please include the /loc when reporting a ladder issue

Community Member

also to help avoid confusion, this forum section (lamannia) is the beta server, or more accurately the preview server. so any threads you see in here will be about upcoming changes.

if you go back to the main forum page you will see the section below lamannia will have both a newbie section and a general discussion section. that's where you want to focus such posts.

when a new build is released to the preview server the forum section gets put above the general chat section to raise player awareness and generate more feedback. so it's no surprise to see the "reincarnation" section catch your eye before you got down to the general section or newbie help.

don't worry about it though, as you can see the players are quite happy to help. just thought you might appreciate a bit of advice on how the forum works to get a better feel for moving about in it.

anyway, if your monk has a focus on combat feats (stuns, quivering palm, etc) then you might want to look at working on the legendary dreadnought destiny next to grab the +6 to combat DC's ability which will be easy to twist in with your grandmaster destiny as soon as you get it
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!