Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Agreed.... Make them BtA, drop a few comms in every chest, create more sagas that include older epic content, and we're good. This isn't that hard.

The trick for them is balancing it... They want it slightly annoying so people are tempted to buy the hearts, but not so annoying that people feel like they are being forced to buy the hearts...

Base it on middle players like me... Making it a grindy enough for the powergamers so they consider buying from the store will just make it impossible for the other 95%. Instead, accept they will grind the hearts out. Turbine's goal should be to make grinding the hearts out semi-annoying for people like me... I've bought hearts before and will do so again. So make it take me 20 hours of epic play to get enough for a heart... i.e. about 40 quests (with say 2-3 saga rewards in there)... I'll probably buy some, and trade in a for a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

/signed

BtA...

Drop from all quest...

Oh yeah, kinda like token fragments. *sigh* Reinventing the game one system at a time. *sigh*
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

/Signed

When Sagas were first released we were told that the Saga rewards were just there to add some extra flavor. Requiring them in order to obtain True Hearts of any kind would make running them mandatory, and the XP / tome / renown rewards could just as well be dropped from the reward lists.

Also, keep them BTA. I didn't upgrade to 20 character slots in order to run the same content all the time on all of my characters. I always have several characters on heroic levels and several on epic levels, and I like the fact that whenever I happen to run an Eberron epic quest I get some token fragments or a token which will eventually let me TR any one of my characters if I feel like it as soon as they hit level 20.

Default Agreed

/signed
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarlona Server - Blime | Darkgeddy | Youburn | Northernboy | Lakeside | Toasthead

Leader of The Wulfepack - "If you call one wolf, you invite the Pack"
    Visit http://thewulfepack.shivtr.com/

Community Member

I had an idea I posted in another thread: Make the Comm's of Valor available as Saga rewards at ALL levels - heroic included.

...[allow] us to get comms from all sagas and made a LOT more sagas - including many (and I mean many) at heroic levels. An ideal system would have many sagas - basically everything that can be grouped together would be a saga - and would offer xp, guild renown, along with some other level-appropriate rewards (skill/stat tomes, etc), in addition to the new comm's in quantities appropriate for the level range. Someone that dedicated themselves to running sagas 1-20 should have enough comm's to TR right at 20. That would frankly be a better system than we have now...people could ONLY play the 1-20 game and TR directly as a result of that.

The problem is that Turbine's done it again. They put in 1/10th of what could be a good system and wanted to immediately kill the old system. They'll get to the 25-75% done range depending on the project, then they'll leave it unfinished and frustrating for the players and move on to the next project. Best case, the only project gets ignored. Worst case, it gets killed and we go back to only having 1/10th of a system again.
    I could get behind a system that cleaned up the Saga user interface - made it almost like the Explorer interface we have now where you can see which are available in your level range, which you've started and what your progress is (but only if you've talked to the Saga provider...just like starting an Explorer) - and then added Sagas throughout the leveling experience. Significantly drop the cost in Comm's for the heroic heart and keep the Saga rewards in heroic levels appropriately low. Keep the cost in Comm's for the iconic and epic hearts high. Basically, if you play an epic saga or two you can very quickly get a heroic heart. If you concentrate on Sagas in the 1-18 TR train you could just eek out a heart without touching epics. And if you concentrate on Sagas from 20-28 you could just eek out an Epic Heart. That middle one is the key though - that you can earn a heroic heart in this system without touching epics. That would be a HUGE improvement over the current system and would thrill the player base. It would be easier to earn a heroic heart by doing epic sagas due to the maths involved but it should be possible to concentrate on heroic sagas, take all the comm rewards, and just eek out a heart through that method.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

/signed.

Easyfix is easy
    KASHIL -- KASHILAH -- MATTAH -- MAHGANE -- KHYBER -- ANNIHILATION
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    First, Meat-Head is exactly correct...

/signed and bta.
    Orien- Kelerak(completionist)/Cetus, Keleryn/Zeus, Kertha/Ice Bard, Kelerah/Barbarian
    ]

/signed

Community Member

If commendations are intended to replace epic tokens, then they should be obtainable from quests that currently drop tokens, not merely as a reward option for completing a mulitple quest chain.

/signed
    Cannith: Yasina, Sarasina, Treyanna, Tresina
    Sarlona: Jatner, Yannow, Justanna

Quote Originally Posted by jonqrandom View Post
    droprate scaled for difficulty.
    i would like to change this to "droprate scaled for difficulty and character vs. quest level.", if no-one has any issues with that? i should have put it in there in the first place, but it slipped my mind, so yeah, sorry.

anyway, speak up if that would be/is an issue, i'll wait about an hour to change it, but i'd rather people signing it now see it including the "character vs. quest level." bit. personally, i think it seems implied (doing a quest 8 over level isn't difficult, y'know?), but if there are any reasons this would make you withdraw your signature then please say so, and i'll leave it as is/change it back. i certainly don't want to cheat anyone into signing something they disagree with.

EDIT: in fact, if i do edit the first post, rather than changing the original text i'll add it as an obvious edit like this with a brief explanation. that seems more honest i think?
    http://captiongenerator.com/8795/ddo-u20changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    Having a clue about what you're talking about is not a prerequisite of posting on these forums.
    Think of it as trolling by not trolling.

i would like to change this to "droprate scaled for difficulty and character vs. quest level.", if no-one has any issues with that? i should have put it in there in the first place, but it slipped my mind, so yeah, sorry.

anyway, speak up if that would be/is an issue, i'll wait about an hour to change it, but i'd rather people signing it now see it including the "character vs. quest level." bit. personally, i think it seems implied (doing a quest 8 over level isn't difficult, y'know?), but if there are any reasons this would make you withdraw your signature then please say so, and i'll leave it as is/change it back. i certainly don't want to cheat anyone into signing something they disagree with.

EDIT: in fact, if i do edit the first post, rather than changing the original text i'll add it as an obvious edit like this with a brief explanation. that seems more honest i think?
    Nah, with them tracking highest character vs quest level so often, too easy it would mutate into that if you've got a spread out group looking to get back together via a TR, and half the point is value-retention for content anyway. so without that:

/signed

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Nah, with them tracking highest character vs quest level so often, too easy it would mutate into that if you've got a spread out group looking to get back together via a TR, and half the point is value-retention for content anyway. so without that:

/signed
    good point. i'll leave the OP as is then, thanks for the input
    http://captiongenerator.com/8795/ddo-u20changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    Having a clue about what you're talking about is not a prerequisite of posting on these forums.
    Think of it as trolling by not trolling.

Community Member

really, that simple. when u20 goes live, no-one should have to set foot in the forgettable realms just to TR1, nor should they have to grind eGH until their eyes bleed.

commendations of valor should drop in all epic chests and end lists, droprate scaled for difficulty.

as for BtC? yeah, the hate for BtC is strong, and also reasonable, from both a storage and usage perspective. commendations should be BtA just as epic tokens *cough* tokens of the twelve are now.

1anymore than they do right now. if turbine want people to run their new content, they should make content more people want to run, for *gasp* fun. because, y'know, it's a game.
    /signed

Community Member

I agree to the proposition, many reasons covered already by similarly-minded individuals.

/signed
    Anything can be explained by drunken wizards.

"Hey! I got a piece of the +1 Butter Knife of Victory! Ah-oh, wait, wait. It's just a crummy, normal +1 dagger of ghostbane..."

/signed

BTA CoV's are a must!

Content that currently drops tokens should either: continue to drop tokens, or drop CoV's instead.

Community Member

Default TR'ing

really, that simple. when u20 goes live, no-one should have to set foot in the forgettable realms just to TR1, nor should they have to grind eGH until their eyes bleed.

commendations of valor should drop in all epic chests and end lists, droprate scaled for difficulty.

as for BtC? yeah, the hate for BtC is strong, and also reasonable, from both a storage and usage perspective. commendations should be BtA just as epic tokens *cough* tokens of the twelve are now.

1anymore than they do right now. if turbine want people to run their new content, they should make content more people want to run, for *gasp* fun. because, y'know, it's a game.
    Signed Grizit of Khyber

/signed
    Benicius - Lvl 20 Paladin Epic 6 - Thelanis

"Yes sir, matey, it's always a little damp when the boat is sunk"

/Signed to the OP's Plan.

Community Member

/Signed!

Pass on to friends and guild.

Community Member

Yup. BtA is the only way!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast