Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We're not knee-jerk reacting without spending evaluating your feedback and spending real time on this. We don't have announcements right now because we're still meeting about it. The continued (constructive) feedback continues to help, especially when it's specific to the issues at hand, and answers the "why" more than the "how". That's sometimes hard to get, but it shows up when there's enough volume of feedback -- which we have!

I've personally discussed this in at least three or four different meetings today, not counting the dozen or so discussions in hallways, at someone's desks, or via digital communications. Gets hard to keep count after a while.

And given the posting mistakes I've personally already made (and corrected), I know I'd like to be sure of what's what before potentially misleading or misinforming anyone. There's been enough of that.
    well said...this time.

Community Member

We're not knee-jerk reacting without spending evaluating your feedback and spending real time on this. We don't have announcements right now because we're still meeting about it. The continued (constructive) feedback continues to help, especially when it's specific to the issues at hand, and answers the "why" more than the "how". That's sometimes hard to get, but it shows up when there's enough volume of feedback -- which we have!

I've personally discussed this in at least three or four different meetings today, not counting the dozen or so discussions in hallways, at someone's desks, or via digital communications. Gets hard to keep count after a while.

And given the posting mistakes I've personally already made (and corrected), I know I'd like to be sure of what's what before potentially misleading or misinforming anyone. There's been enough of that.
    This makes perfect sense. I look forward to hearing more in the future.

As to why BTA is important. Many of us have 1 or 2 main characters and several support characters. These support characters are there to support party needs - a healer, a trapper, a tank or even a bard. Often I would prefer to play my main character, but the party needs a healer so I switch to my healer for a series of quests. I still have fun and I'm earning tokens/fragments that can be used by main character. If things are btc, everyone will be more firm on playing a primary character and forming a party will be more complicated. If I switch to my healer, I can't work on getting a heart for my main character if ingredients are btc.
    Last edited by slarden; 10-23-2013 at 09:29 PM.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel_666 View Post
    This isn't aimed at you specifically Worldcrafter, your post is just an easy to spot one that mentions the idea of a timer.
    No worries, though I hope my idea isn't misconstrued; I meant to mention the timer idea as a separate entity, more of a point to make on how to balance power gamers and casual gamers, and have my CoV drop proposal aimed to resolve separate issues (freedom of choice among chests and reducing time spent in epics). Though, you do make an excellent point; the situation changes from power gamers vs. casual gamers, to players who have more game time vs players with less game time.

And congratulations on getting the job! Hope things work out well for you!
    Anything can be explained by drunken wizards.

"Hey! I got a piece of the +1 Butter Knife of Victory! Ah-oh, wait, wait. It's just a crummy, normal +1 dagger of ghostbane..."

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

While the deliberations continue, what are the chances of Lammania being updated with the Iconic and Epic Past Lives? Or even just releasing them in a statement on the forums.

While the community can comment meaningfully on the price of heroic hearts of wood, it's impossible for us to provide meaningful feedback on costs of the other types of heart without that information.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rayworks View Post
    These things wouldn't happen if

a) you guys really played the game (I mean really play, with a real toon, not a twinked-out invulnerable toon in god mode)
    b) you guys would float ideas to the player base BEFORE you wrote a single line of code. As it stands right now, once you've invested resources (money) in an update its too late to back out.
    A) They do, and they are only twinked out if they have earned it in game.

B) Which means not a damn thing when your manager tells you to code up something even if you don't like it.

Real life sucks, doesn't it?

Community Member

If you keep HoW easily attainable in 1 hour to 4 hours time, noone will bother with commendation system.

Community Member

Default Not so sure about the money

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Another great idea. I'm sure they thought of using Favor but it doesn't get them as much money.
    I must say that I like this idea. I like to play a lot of content instead of racing through the levels. And to get a lot of favor, you have to both play all over the world (helping populate it and keeping quests in LFMs) and have the content available in the first place - by being VIP or buying the packs.

Sure, one can get all the packs while staying F2P, meaning that you don't HAVE to ever buy anything for real money. But honestly If there are players doing that, we should admire them as heroes of freeby grind, write articles to promote that it really is possible because it would be so hard to get there (you would have to do a LOT of favour runs, or bring a lot of characters through the ranks to get that much TP that you could buy enough content).

In reality, most people find that its easier to buy some points, buy an expansion pack and the shared bank, maybe some other goodies. And if they end up helping the game by making it a living world, then at least that will mean they pull in friends to play with. That is after all the idea behind the F2P with DDO store model.

Community Member

Here is what I think are the problems, and my suggestions for dealing with them:

1) Not enough players are playing the new shiny quests, they're playing the old Eberron quests. This upsets the devs/producers as they want THEIR work to be the most popular.
    2) It's too easy for experienced players to get Hearts in game, compared to newbie players.
    3) The sagas aren't popular. So Turbine wants to make them required to earn Hearts in game.

Suggestions:
    1) Change Tokens of the Twelve back to Epic Tokens (and Greater). Add tokens and fragments to all the Epic quests. Give "your" quests more tokens/fragments (and more XP - most of the new quests suck for XP).
    As there are now more sources for Tokens, increase the token cost for Heroic Hearts of Wood a bit. Add Iconic and Epic Hearts there also.
    If this is too easy, add a daily restriction on getting tokens in each quest, so players run a variety of quests.

2) I don't see how you can make it hard for experienced players to get Hearts without making it too difficult for newbies. An experienced player will run through EH Sagas/quests faster than a newbie will get through EN.
    The only way to make that even is to have gaining Hearts unrelated to actually playing the game (running quests).
    Some players have suggested making Hearts free, arguing that they are loss-leaders for players buying XP pots, Ottos boxes, and other store items.
    Maybe give each account a free Heart every so often? Or Commendations of Valour each day you log in.
    Having them only available in the store is one way of balancing experienced and new players. But this will cause a massive player revolt, and stuff over the FtP players (I see that stuffing the FtP players is intentional, as you are removing the only source of FtP tokens (Lords of Dust chain)). Might work if you made them much cheaper (50-100TP).

3) Add more interesting stuff to the saga rewards. Cosmetic armour/helmets, cosmetic pets, rare consumables, store items, interesting named items (maybe anything that could drop in the saga quests).

Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    Here is what I think are the problems, and my suggestions for dealing with them:

1) Not enough players are playing the new shiny quests, they're playing the old Eberron quests. This upsets the devs/producers as they want THEIR work to be the most popular.
    2) It's too easy for experienced players to get Hearts in game, compared to newbie players.
    3) The sagas aren't popular. So Turbine wants to make them required to earn Hearts in game.

Suggestions:
    1) Change Tokens of the Twelve back to Epic Tokens (and Greater). Add tokens and fragments to all the Epic quests. Give "your" quests more tokens/fragments (and more XP - most of the new quests suck for XP).
    As there are now more sources for Tokens, increase the token cost for Heroic Hearts of Wood a bit. Add Iconic and Epic Hearts there also.
    If this is too easy, add a daily restriction on getting tokens in each quest, so players run a variety of quests.

2) I don't see how you can make it hard for experienced players to get Hearts without making it too difficult for newbies. An experienced player will run through EH Sagas/quests faster than a newbie will get through EN.
    The only way to make that even is to have gaining Hearts unrelated to actually playing the game (running quests).
    Some players have suggested making Hearts free, arguing that they are loss-leaders for players buying XP pots, Ottos boxes, and other store items.
    Maybe give each account a free Heart every so often? Or Commendations of Valour each day you log in.
    Having them only available in the store is one way of balancing experienced and new players. But this will cause a massive player revolt, and stuff over the FtP players (I see that stuffing the FtP players is intentional, as you are removing the only source of FtP tokens (Lords of Dust chain)). Might work if you made them much cheaper (50-100TP).

3) Add more interesting stuff to the saga rewards. Cosmetic armour/helmets, cosmetic pets, rare consumables, store items, interesting named items (maybe anything that could drop in the saga quests).

Geoff.
    uhm, nice insight geoff, here's my 2 cents on this:

Easy awnser: fix your forgoten realms content,
    lower hp/saves on EE mobs to an exeptable level, Heroic elite is hard but doable, EE's are no longer fast action paced fun
    Make more fun (Eberron) content, drop the fan boyish writting and story telling, we don't care about Anna/old bearded guy/emo drow/harper foolishnes. it's too generic fantasy fare and can be found done better at different places.
    Loot incentive, fix your loot gen, fix named loot, make it upgradeble to your taste (remember the reign of madness upgrades to armors?) instead of giving us 54 different flavors of dragon helmets.
    Fix the exp upwards, some of the small packs give too little base exp, realy fixing it, not just adding 200 base exp.

We took newbies into our token grinds, now that we get forced into saga's we won't, too much of a liabillity in EE's

i'ts not just the saga's, the fact that we're forced to do them in order to tr is the problem.
    They contain to much lousy content we dont like playing.
    Bringing back epic tokens and putting them in forgotten realms chests would have been much better.
    But if they realy want us to play the saga's they need to fix point 1 and put in the incentive you mentioned:
    Cosmetic armour/helmets, cosmetic pets, rare consumables, store items, interesting named items.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Thanks for the response. I do wish you'd posted it earlier, would have helped reducing the impression the devs think they can make this go away by ignoring it: we can't see what you do at work, only what is posted here on the forums. Even a quick "Good morning all! We have 4 different meetings scheduled today about this topic, and lots of other people to talk with about it, so keep the feeback coming and talk to you later!" would have gone a long way to give us the feeling somebody might actually be listening.

For the rest, nothing new to say, so back on the bridge.

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Community Member

thankyou for you update to this situation.

your friend sil

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post
    thanks for the update. regarding the feedback, and yes i'm quite aware this request will delay your work, would it be possible for you or one of the team to write up the points you have gathered from our feedback?

showing us you've heard the points we have made should help a lot with the waiting to hear your solution.

i am also aware that no matter how carefully you word such a post it will get corrected 100 times over, but hey, that just helps to focus the feedback even more. i'm also aware that just because you know the points we are making that doesn't mean your solution will cover all of them.

while i appreciate the responses we have had so far some of them have left us worried that you've not heard the full body of our complaint.

it might seem silly and trivial, but when there is a disconnection in communication such exercises can really help ensure both parties understand each other.

also, feel free to turn the sit in protest into a PR stunt, we could all do with the advertising!
    Well said.
    Between this and a comment I read somewhere that all of us commenting to each other and devs is actually also not keeps having a positive effect. so although I will feel the itch to react to certain things i will try to keep this is my last post around the matter till Turbine presents us with the final decisions are asks for a certain choice from the community.

Like ReaperAlexEU said. It would be beneficial if a overview was made of what you see as our main points of concerns. no doubt on the general feedback right after that both sides will come to a feeling we are at the same page. and maybe going of that list you can from time to time come back to us to show what options you are discussing and get a feeling if we are in the direction of reaching a consensus. Meanwhile I will continue to come to the bridge at the times I log on to show my support.

Thanks to Vargouille for the communication and to ReaperAlexEU for providing this excellent and straightforward idea (someone who is using Alex as part of their name can't be thanked enough off-course)

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Mournlands.
    Rumor has it that the only allowed Feedback on Mournlands is being lapdog. ( or Yes man ).

And with the rules to get accepted into it, an application from anybody critical but constructive would be dismissed anyway.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Thanks for the continued communication and I'm tepidly encouraged that you're still discussing things. Hopefully we'll get some more details soon even if it's only a framework. And with any luck a first look at the reincarnation pieces on lamm and some early tests of ideas so we can help you guys find a amicable middle ground.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post

B) Which means not a damn thing when your manager tells you to code up something even if you don't like it.

Real life sucks, doesn't it?
    This. I don't think it's the devs who are making stupid decisions. It's the suits at some level whether high or low. They have a meeting, or one person high up has an idea that he loves or thinks will increase revenue, and no matter if everyone else at the company thinks it's horrible, the idea gets implemented because he's the AVP or CIO or whatever.

I know. I see this at my job. It doesn't happen often, but every so often it does. My team has been tasked by a VP to completely revamp something, and it'll be a year-long project at least. Major work. But the end result isn't that much different from what we have now, in my opinion. If we just reorganized and put a fresh coat of paint on what we currently have, things would be fine. But sometimes people just need to make something overly complex to feel like they are making progress.

Me? I'd be happy if Turbine stopped changing current systems, stopped developing content, stopped doing anything besides maintaining the game so I can play it. There is enough here to keep me occupied for years to come already. (I know I'm probably in a minority with this idea.) I'm just afraid of their ruining a game that I absolutely love. I can't find any game like DDO, and I've tried a lot of them (the ones that will run on my computer, which does limit me). It'll be a very sad day when Turbine ruins this game irrevocably or the servers shut down.

I have not replied to this thread as I don't really know what problem this change was supposed to fix, so maybe I will just explain how I currently play and how this change will negatively effect me & what I like and do not like about the game.

1) I have 2 or 3 toons I tr and play heroic quest on
    2) I have a couple of toons that I use to play epics
    3) I do not play epics currently on the toons I want to heroic tr. I basically do not want to do the epic grind and then lose the xp when I tr. So i separate the toons between those doing tr's and those done with tr'ing
    4) My game time is limited so I make and effort to try and reduce grind. I guess you could say I am am negative grind.

Things I like about the game and keep me in it.

1) The new enhancement system
    2) MOTU
    3) The ease of being able to quickly earn a heart of wood and tr a toon when I want
    4) Otto's Boxes which allow me to avoid grind on tr lives I do not enjoy playing as much as others
    5) Epic Destinies and Epic dungeons
    6) Having Raids in the game
    7) Guilds
    8) Augments
    9) the Saga mechanic that was just introduced
    10) The Shroud and how items can be made from that raid

Things that I do not enjoy or that bother me ( Some I do not think you have any control over)

1) The xp grind on 3rd life toons
    2) The xp grind on Epic Destinies
    3) The lack groups or people who are playing the latest expansion. Not sure how you have any control over this, but even a number of players from my guild who play all the time have not bought it.
    4) The negative relationship or the perception of one that seems to exist between the players and turbine, although that is probably the same in any MMO.
    5) The amount of bank space a character has.
    6) The number of people who do not run challenges anymore since the xp given in them was changed. I really enjoyed them, that are not run as much anymore and no one ever seemed to run the ones in evening star with the BTC ingredients.
    7) The number of quest that require you to run through a large explorer area. I use House Cannith and the new content as an example. Due to having a family my time to game is limited. Sometimes I want to just
    be able to log on and play a quest. I cannot do it with these quest due to the time it takes just to get to the quest. This kinda stinks.
    8) The we can teleport you to a quest, if you pay shards mechanic in the new content.
    9) The lack of a new raids.

Things I spend money on or would from the store and find value in
    1) I am a VIP. It is a very good value
    2) I bought both expansions. I found MOTU well worth it. I did not like the new expansion as much, but that will not preclude me from buying another if
    I am still playing the game at that time
    3) Otto's boxes, xp pots and xp tomes of learning. I have bought all. Found them worth the money
    4) Any type of cosmetic thing that would allow me to customize my characters more so than they are and is permanent and does not change when I change gear.
    5) Augment Bags or any type of bag that allows me to increase my inventory
    6) Stat tomes, skill tomes. I tend to buy things that permanently stay with my toon and (other than xp pots) do not buy things that run out over time. I actually did not purchase
    stat tomes until the change was made so that they carried over when you did a heroic TR. Very good change IMHO

Hope this feedback was something that can assist you making the game better.

Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by gaffneyks; 10-24-2013 at 06:04 AM. Reason: I was not smart enough to spell check it

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kir1 View Post
    If you keep HoW easily attainable in 1 hour to 4 hours time, noone will bother with commendation system.
    The commendation system is the only way to Iconic TR or epic reincarnate so if they make those benefits decent people will. 3rd life TR was much harder a few years and people still did it for +1 damage.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Smile What Would I Do If I Was the President of Reincarnation

I have this in a blog article too but I wanted it to get read by a Dev. If any remain monitoring this thread, lo these many pages later...

There is a five-bullet TL;DR at the end for those who want to skip ahead.

We still don’t have all the information

There have been a couple of references that there will be other ways to earn Commendations of Valor in addition to completing Epic Sagas. I can’t find a link to one of these references right now, you will have to trust me, someone really did say that.

But they did not give us any information about what those ways will be. Maybe they will be something that is so cool and perfect that it completely removes everyone’s dislike of the current proposal. Maybe. Probably not, but maybe.

Yet we have nothing on it, and therefore, like an in-game achievement without a screenshot, it does not exist.

The rest of this article ignores this issue but that is unfortunate; depending on what the additional reward paths are, this could be really important!

The simplest adjustment

If I could make only one change to Turbine’s proposal, it would be to allow Lahar to sell Commendations of Valor. Here are the details:

• Remove Reincarnation Hearts from the Epic vendor in The Twelve
    • Add Commendations of Valor to the vendor
    • Build in a timed ransack-like limit to the number of Valors one earns per purchase

This retains the ability to earn Reincarnation while adventuring in Eberron (one of the many current demands), through easier-to-purchase content Devils Attack (another demand) and through Cannith Challenge turn-ins (another demand).

The built-in ransack timer ensures that there would be no way to purchase Reincarnation Hearts faster than Turbine’s design requires, no matter what techniques (or even exploits) may be discovered.

On Setting Epic Reincarnation Cost

Back in the day, one could earn one Epic Token per Epic quest (q), and one needed 20 of them to reincarnate. In other words, it took 20 quests, on Epic Elite (because back then all Epics were Epic Elite), or q=20.

Apparently this was faster than Turbine intended, and they quickly (in the very first patch if I am remembering correctly) changed most of the quests to instead provide Epic Token fragments. It is more difficult to calculate q but fragments seemed to appear in batches of 30-70 while a few quests continued to offer full tokens. I am estimating q to be somewhere around 30-35.

Later, Turbine used Epic Tokens to encourage people to run less-popular content and as rewards for Cannith Challenges. People learned how to farm Epic Tokens in a few hours. q went out the window for most of us.

What should it be now? In one of Producer Glin’s recent posts, he walks us through an example of saga usage:

In this way, you can complete 5 sagas by playing 36 quests, and various combinations within that scenario if you prefer to skip some content.

I argue that should be enough. If you are gamer enough to run 36 Epic quests on Elite, you get to Reincarnate. And that sets the number of Valors for an Epic token, whatever number one can earn running 36 Epic Elite quests. Coincidentally bringing Reincarnation full circle, back to just about where it began:

q = 36

The Limited Content Problem and Bind To Character

The current proposal not only requires people to run 36 Epic quests (more than once!), it consists of 36 specific quests. Meaning people are going to have to run a lot of content they (1) don’t like or (2) don’t want to be forced to purchase.

The fact that Valors are proposed as Bind-To-Character (BtC) means that all of these things will be true for every Epic character one wants to reincarnate, even when the player is just trying to accumulate an Epic or Iconic Past Life feat in a class that is otherwise not fun for that player.

My proposal to resolve this:

• Keep the Saga awards exactly as Glin first wrote them, including the BtC part, but change the reward amounts and Heart costs so that q = 36
    • Create a new commendation – lets call them Commendations of Bravery – that drop in all Epic quests that do not drop Tokens of the Twelve
    • Commendations of Bravery are Bind to Account (BtA), not BtC
    • Modify the new reincarnation heart vendor to allow players to swap Bravery for Valor
    • Set Bravery rewards by quest difficulty so that each Elite Epic quest earns enough Bravery to buy 1/q of the Valor needed for an Epic Reincarnation Heart

Normal and Hard completions would reward significantly less Bravery.

Later, if Turbine really has a hate on for Tokens of the Twelve, remove them and instead replace them with Commendations of Bravery.

If it is easier to prevent unexpected techniques (and exploits), reward Bravery in end reward lists rather than in chests.

In summary (TL;DR)

• Tell us about all of the planned paths to acquire Commendations of Valor
    • Put commendations of Valor in Lahar’s Epic trader barter, subject to a turn-in timer
    • Put BtA commendations in every quest that does not have Tokens of the Twelve
    • Put additional, bonus, BtC commendations as a Saga reward choice
    • Set commendation reward rate and heart cost to the equivalent of 36 elite epic quests

The net of these changes: People can earn all of the Hearts running any Epic quest, on any character. Those who run them on Elite may earn their Hearts faster. Those who run Elite Sagas will earn them twice as fast as those who do not.

Thumbs down Rant

There's active discussion here at Turbine about the binding status of Commendations of Valor.

This is what we are tentatively moving to for the next Lamannia preview (which is decided days ahead of time, so the conversation is likely to keep moving and Lamannia will be out of date by then):

Heroic True Heart of Wood: Costs 250 Commendations of Valor
    Binds to Character on Acquire

This is not what we intend to ship with. However, we need to decide on whether to lower the cost should or change the Commendations to be Bind to Account instead of Character. (Or potentially both, as the exact cost is still under discussion, but for simplicity I'm pretending it's one or the other right now.)

If the Commendations are BtA, we expect that most Commendations will be farmed by level-cap characters and passed to other characters, and that they will be earned much faster than if the Commendations are BtC and earned by lower level characters. We also believe there are legitimate reasons for both choices and why one or the other is better for gameplay or fun, many of which have been expressed by various players recently.

We're of course happy to hear feedback on all aspects of Reincarnation or other upcoming changes, but if you have specific thoughts on whether you'd prefer BtA Commendations or a cheaper price for Heroic True Hearts of Wood, please let us know here in this thread!
    So let's see, first you make level 20 players unable to run epic content which doesn't have twelve tokens in them
    -
    Then you remove the ability to get heroic hearts from tokens
    At the same time removing the slow option for F2P players to grind tokens\hearts on (daily) challenges and dust chain
    Force us to run Sagas because people don't run them enough
    And don't allow us the option to trade the currency for hearths between our characters while we probably wait months for you to fix level 20 characters unable to access most epic content.
    -
    The reason why people hoard epic tokens is not because they to have a cave full of them like a dragon, it is mostly because it was fun to run around with friends on capped characters and grind for gear (yes, shard/seal/scroll)
    The epic timer kept us sane.
    -
    Cannith Challenges gave a steady income of tokens if you had a decent group
    -
    The removal of the timer caused a major influx of tokens and a much more dedicated grinding.
    The additional content made us pretty much clear all our old gear which we worked very hard for. (powercreep anyone ?)
    -
    Don't really like the story on the FR side, organized evil empire, reminds me of something.
    Small selfcontained quests with a slight detective feel to them that your getting closer are more my thing waterworks > shan to kor > tangleroot
    You keep getting deeper into it, while dropping hints the whole time.
    -
    Exp balance, sorry years too late, and please don't use runtimes of which 90% are optimized zerg groups skipping all the content and jumping walls for shortcuts etc.
    runtimes are currently also flawed with the "clever use of mechanics" Epic Destiny useage on heroic levels
    (Clever use of mechanics, being aware of an exploit like problem but not punishing or fixing because of time required to find and fix problem)
    -
    Getting offtopic.
    -
    Please phase out collectibles.
    Please make Siberys Dragonshards storageable in the ingredient bag like their Khyber Dragonshard cousin
    Stop adding more ingredient\collectable metacraft systems with loads of clutter, it really got out of hand with stormreach, madness, Cannith (Secret of the artificers), cannith challenges
    Please phase out seals/shards/scrolls and make items drop as an level 20 epic item like in the new system, difficulty just adjusting dropchance not item (in any way)
    And allow us to exchange seal/shards/scrolls for those commendations of valor
    -
    Twelve tokens still have value, but not much outside hearts of wood and cannith challenge crafting
    If we could sell them, they would probably go for 50K platinum per token or something after market settled down because of old players with way too much stock.

Default Over the big 'Stink" of Proposed TR

There has been a major discussion, and yes at times Trolling of the a fore proposed TR and I feel that the devs posted their ideas to see if it was pleasing to the player base and found that we defend the old ways and a few gave reasonable ideas to the changes. My favorites were as follows...

~ Change Tokens & Fragments to Comms
    ~ Allow the tokens to remain but allow turn ins for comms
    ~ Make the Comms similar to the Astral Shards. Meaning that in a chest that they are in allow us to pass them in chest to those wanting them and retroactivate them to the old content that HAS epic difficulties.

You never prehaps they foresaw the rage and brought the top idea to light early enough for the reason of satisfying the multitude questions of the time after TR was mentioned to be changing before Shadowfell

This is just my take now after my rage as well feel free to troll this if you wish I just typed my mindset and that of many other players...and yes i was one that was prepared to cancel my VIP if the proposed went live
    Don't be fooled life is a game and there is no cheat codes or glitches just really mad devs getting even with us all

Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast