Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default A response to Occupy please DDO?

We have expressed our discontent with the changes coming in UD20. Can you express your position on the subject to us please? A " We will do whatever it takes to make you guys happy ! " would suffice, although I will not be holding my breath . We love the game...We are paying you as it is. How about weapon cosmetics, boot cosmetics, gloves etc. If you want to have us spend $ let us feel like we are shopping, not paying taxes. PLEASE ANY RESPONSE would help. Even a typical generic response would be good. like "we are currently looking into issues to resolve the problems with the hearts of wood concerning UD20 " Thanks Guys...

/signed in honor of the occupy squad

/signed - please respond

10.00 am here in Europe though so you guys in US probably still asleep. In 6-8 hours time you will wake up and brush your teeth, have your cup of coffee, eat your breakfast, kiss good bye to your wife/significant others

Drive to work (or catch a train or three)

Walk into your turbine head office, wave hello to co-workers, big smile on your face after a nice weekend

Go to the office kitchen, make yourself another cup of coffee

log on to your work station and think , hmmm I wonder what the DDO community did this weekend , did Fridays announcement on changes have folks abuzz.....

And then hopefully spit out that coffee sip, all over your PC/laptop screens when you realise what YOU did to your customers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EndofDDOdays View Post
    We have expressed our discontent with the changes coming in UD20. Can you express your position on the subject to us please? A " We will do whatever it takes to make you guys happy ! " would suffice, although I will not be holding my breath . We love the game...We are paying you as it is. How about weapon cosmetics, boot cosmetics, gloves etc. If you want to have us spend $ let us feel like we are shopping, not paying taxes. PLEASE ANY RESPONSE would help. Even a typical generic response would be good. like "we are currently looking into issues to resolve the problems with the hearts of wood concerning UD20 " Thanks Guys...

/signed in honor of the occupy squad
    /signed

Fin*

Hunters of Wayfinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalesh View Post
    log on to your work station and think , hmmm I wonder what the DDO community did this weekend , did Fridays announcement on changes have folks abuzz.....
    I'm pretty sure Turbine's PR was likely in panic mode over the weekend and is already working on crisis management.

Quote Originally Posted by EndofDDOdays View Post
    PLEASE ANY RESPONSE would help. Even a typical generic response would be good. like "we are currently looking into issues to resolve the problems with the hearts of wood concerning UD20 " Thanks Guys...
    I support your sentiment, but actually no, that would be a bad thing. They need to be very careful about what they say and how - we need a very clear and specific statement addressing the complaints. I'm willing to give them some thinking time for that, though I'm sure everyone realizes the players' patience has its limits, too.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

a Dev answer to.. some toons on a bridge?

Maybe you should stop talking for everybody. Some disagree with the changes, others no.

Community Member

Default am I speaking for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenaps View Post

Maybe you should stop talking for everybody. Some disagree with the changes, others no.
    Im sorry it says signed by OCCUPY squad. That quite obviously doesn't apply to you. So was I speaking for EVERYONE ? NOPE ! So maybe YOU should go troll another forum thread and actually READ it before you post unintelligent comments on threads TYVM

Maybe you should go and have a look at http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/10...heart-changes/

Also. Jump on lamania and go do a tr from 1 to you earn your heart from sagas and get back to me. let me know how long it took. i may see you next year sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by sdrocky View Post
    Maybe you should go and have a look at http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/10...heart-changes/

Also. Jump on lamania and go do a tr from 1 to you earn your heart from sagas and get back to me. let me know how long it took. i may see you next year sometime.

let me explain why the changes cause you dont see whats its outside the box. Turbine killed the token method cause a lot of peeps exploited and duped hundreds of tokens, so they come up with a new currencie they know for sure nobody duped it.

If you are so desperate for a heart of wood and dont wanna grind the sagas, buy 1 from the store.

Community Member

Default wrong!!

let me explain why the changes cause you dont see whats its outside the box. Turbine killed the token method cause a lot of peeps exploited and duped hundreds of tokens, so they come up with a new currencie they know for sure nobody duped it.

If you are so desperate for a heart of wood and dont wanna grind the sagas, buy 1 from the store.
    wrong the TR system was implemented prior to the dupefest. Do you actually know what you are talking about ? Please check the IN DEVELOPMENT portion on the wiki from time to time. This will help you to appear more intelligent the next time you post

Ok. so once again i suffer because of cheats.

and no.

i will not say i will quit. but i will not spend any more money.

Ok. so once again i suffer because of cheats.

and no.

i will not say i will quit. but i will not spend any more money.
    With the actual system, you can farm DA with a full group of 6 (ask help to guild) and farm the 20 tokens in like 3 runs (2 if you are lucky). 2 quest runs for an item that cost on store like 1400 points.. dont seem normal, doesnt? The old system is broke. They come with a new system, wich yeah, its really grindi, but is still better than the old broke by cheaters.

With the actual system, you can farm DA with a full group of 6 (ask help to guild) and farm the 20 tokens in like 3 runs (2 if you are lucky). 2 quest runs for an item that cost on store like 1400 points.. dont seem normal, doesnt? The old system is broke. They come with a new system, wich yeah, its really grindi, but is still better than the old broke by cheaters.
    Oh. so only 1 of the 6 gets to TR?

not very sharing realy.

Me, i like to spread it round. and those same 5 guildies are TRing with me

Anyway. have a nice time. hope to see u back from your little lamaland experiment in a year or so.

And the system wasn't broke until MOTU. when they totally effed it up. Along with a lot of other things.

Community Member

Default not to mention...

Oh. so only 1 of the 6 gets to TR?

not very sharing realy.

Me, i like to spread it round. and those same 5 guildies are TRing with me

Anyway. have a nice time. hope to see u back from your little lamaland experiment in a year or so.

And the system wasn't broke until MOTU. when they totally effed it up. Along with a lot of other things.
    im not sure how long it takes him to get to lvl 20 but I know u rocky...I know on our server 1-20 can be done in a 1 week. what hes suggesting is paying 1400 tps every week?
    sounds like we are dealing with someone who doesn't understand economics...that's 72,800 tps a year for some people.

If this really is a response to the duping (which to be honest I doubt) then it is still Turbines own fault.

If you release shoddy updates which people can easily abuse .... then it their own fault and no one elses.

The end result here is that power gamers who want to TR every 2 days to 1 week will not need to farm tokens or buy hearts from store as they now haves 1'000'000's of duped tokens for their hearts. So what? ...The masses of other players who could previously TR every 2-3 weeks will now be forced to add on a god knows how long tedious Saga farm because either:

a) Turbine screwed up and released content or bugs that could easily be abused (this is my account and I did not abuse) but I am not crying about those who USED what Turbine released to their advantage
    or
    b) Turbine is completely disconnected from their player base
    or
    c) Turbine is shamelessly making another money grab!

My two cents as a paying VIP who has been here 7 years and purchased every expansion and supports the store in a very minor way (ie I am a contributing player to Turbines pockets)

DO NOT SCREW WITH THE TOKENS!!!

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Question Warning: Lots of Qusestions

What is the agenda?

The Fact is that if this goes through to live in update 20, future new Players who just level to 20 and want to TR over and over and have not bought the expansion(s) will not be able to and will be forced to in order to TR. This takes away a part of the infrastructure of the game that is important for it to thrive. Some folks play in Eberron and TR and that's it, then maybe a few ftp quests in Eveningstar.
    Some folks Don't TR after level 20 and play in The Forgotten Realms. That is who I am right now but I do not want to be told I have to do this Saga in order to TR again in the future. I just go with the flow and that is how I like it. Telling me I have to do this Saga just puts a chore on my list of things to do and it becomes less fun to play the game. This new idea that they want to implement is telling the customer base that just plays in Eberron that they must do both even though the Expansion(s) is/are not part of their game play in the first place.

Future Players of the Game: What if they don't want to do both? Quit playing? Because if they do not want to purchase an Expansion then what choice do they have left? Just stand around in Eberron and be EPIC and farm favor to get a wood from the store? Doubt it. That would mean about 6000 favor and then devote all those free Turbine points to only purchasing a wood. No more shopping the Store for other cool things. Just farming favor for a wood. That is so dull and boring. The game does not even have that much favor to Grind so then this means they have to make an alt just to get the Favor required . More Grind that is not needed and pointless for their Main Character to sit in the bleachers so to speak and watch the alts become workers for favor to get a wood from the store so the Main can then eventually TR again.

What if future customers do not have the means to purchase the Expansion(s)? And if this is the case how would they buy the Wood from the Store? It is a self defeating business strategy.

Current Veterans of the game and those of us who have level 20's are farming tokens right now so we can collect enough THOW to avoid this if it goes live. But then we do not have enough BTC slots to keep these THOW in our limited space because they do not stack. This is yet another problem that is making us upset.

Does any of this make sense? Does anything I have said make any sense?

Yup - the fact that you have to play the Sagas on the toon you want to TR and the hearts/coms are BTC is so mindblowiing that I have posted like 20 times today!

Been here 7 years and 20% (ish) of my communication has been on this subject alone, there must be others who are as frustrated as me on this one!

I, personally am at my tipping point with DDO

If this is not corrected, I might do something more productive with my free time over the next few months (God knows what) and hope ESO comes out sooner rather than later next year. Was just going to try it and see but I am now thinking and hoping it does blow DDO out the water ... (tearing up almost and i'm in my 30's ...) FRUSTRATION!

I have played so many of the MMOS out there and nothing in my eyes has ever come close to DDO

Stop ruining the game I love ....

Wrong. The system was in development as the promised way for players to earn the upcoming E-THOW and I-THOW in-game without using the DDO store. In Turbine's infinite wisdom they've decided to add H-THOW to the system to kill the token system once and for all.

The exploit has nothing to do with this. If you seriously think they can turn-around and design up a brand new system from scratch, program it, and push it to the preview server in under 2 weeks time than you obviously know nothing of corporate bureaucracy, game development, and/or programming.
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

The store cost of 1495 is ridiculous to begin with.

I get 500 TP per month as a VIP. That should be the benchmark cost for anything. If I want to choose to spend my month's TP on a heart of wood then that should be doable. 3 months worth of VIP just to get a heart?

As to getting people to pass you their tokens over 3 runs (2 is highly unlikely), that requires cooperation ..... which is a good thing ..... you're asking 5 other players to give up their rewards so that you can benefit from it. If you were then to return the favour that means that you end up running the quest closer to 18 times ... not quite so effortless when you look at it that way is it?

If you're concerned about the cheaters with massive stacks of duped token, then just remove any stack of tokens over a certain size, no disciplinary action required. Allow people the opportunity to put in a ticket to ask for them back where their specific case will be properly investigated by referring to archive versions of their character pre-U19 and anyone found to have duped will have their character deleted.

Meanwhile, lets hope we can get some reasonable response to the weekend's events once Boston wakes up.

Quote Originally Posted by kuro_zero View Post

The exploit has nothing to do with this. If you seriously think they can turn-around and design up a brand new system from scratch, program it, and push it to the preview server in under 2 weeks time than you obviously know nothing of corporate bureaucracy, game development, and/or programming.
    Hmm turbine, coming up with a Fix to a problem in a rushed manner, that upsets its player base and ends up causing more problems than it resolves in the first place... really???

But seriously I don't give a bleep about the motivation behind this change ... just DON'T!

Quote Originally Posted by Khalesh View Post
    Hmm turbine, coming up with a Fix to a problem in a rushed manner, that upsets its player base and ends up causing more problems than it resolves in the first place... really???

But seriously I don't give a bleep about the motivation behind this change ... just DON'T!
    Yes, the fix being that many long time players have hundreds of tokens without duping but simply accrued through playing and having nothing else to spend them on.

Blaming it on exploiters and thus not Turbine's responsibility is the fallacy I wanted to point out.
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast